Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a sports pack? Let's make one!

Over the last couple weeks I have been playing an active sim and I'm seeing just how they really don't have a ton of things to do besides jogging and body building.

I've seen a few people express interest in a sports pack, so I figured we should start a thread to get all of our ideas in one place.

What would you like to see in a sports pack?

For me personally:

- I want multiple sports activities to do. Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Ice skating, Soccer, etc.
- The ability make your own team and to design your own jersey would be awesome. We could have a few different team mascots and icons, colors and simlish text to choose from.
- All new venue types to play and watch sports at. Baseball diamond, soccer field, ice rink etc.
- New party type - Game Day. Everyone brings snacks and you all watch the game together.
- New game day type snacks like hot wings, dips, popcorn etc
- New skills to go with the sports obviously, lol.
- New radio station - sports commentary
- Sports at home! Being able to play catch in the yard, or set up a basketball hoop or hockey/soccer net outside!

Share your thoughts.

Comments

• MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    Oh ya i like that :*
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Love this idea especially Game Day party.. not sure why as I rarely throw parties but it made me grin. I would also love new aspirations to go with this. We really don't have anything but body builder under athletic aspirations so there is hope :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited December 2015
    Let's see some skateboards, skipping ropes and road hockey for the kids. :)

ETA and teens
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    No. We have gyms, yoga, jogging, swimming..quite a bit of active stuff. Getting a sports pack when so many other areas are lacking would be quite annoying in my opinion.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    IIRC Yoga only increases wellness skill. My active sim never gets whims to do it because I haven't touched wellness on her.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Street hockey :)
    With seasons: Shinny

That's my list.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    I am so hoping our next pack or expansion revolves around hobbies and sports. That would open up so many possibilities for Get Together. One thing I'd like to see that hasn't been mentioned is a tennis court.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I want spin bikes for spin classes at the gym or spa.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited December 2015
    I would like a varied selection of sports :
    - some team sports (soccer, basket)
    - some individual sports (cycling, climbing, tennis)
    - some artistic sports (rythmic gymnastics, figure skating)
    - some water activities
  • AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    This kind of pack would go great with get together! the people in each sports team could be a club, and you could have rival teams. I think a pack like that would be a good idea. I would say make it a game pack though. I wouldn't want an entire EP dedicated to it.
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    edited December 2015
    Yes, I enjoy playing active sims and I think I would enjoy seeing them doing all those things OP mentioned. Great ideas. :)

It's funny that you mentioned about game day... in my rotation, Johnny Zest is in the athlete career, and I have all his kids set to one everyday outfit of face paint and matching track suits - so if I see them around town dressed in the outfit I just see it as it must be game day and they're going to go see dad play.

I miss in TS3 when I'd send the other sims in the household to the stadium and they'd get to see the game for free and all come home with nice moodlets.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 712 Member
    That'd be fun, especially because it'd be a new thing for a Sims game. A new community lot where Sims could get together (lol) and watch a game, eat, talk, etc. I also have made a lot of active Sims and it's just body building, boxing and jogging, so it'd be fun to have more things to do, I want the volley ball thing item from The Sims 1 to come back.

This should be included in a hobbies Game pack.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi :)

There is an ideas section for all these fun ideas. Good luck with them! :)

&There's an option to move your topic, in case in didn't know. :+1:
    AmyCarolyn wrote: »
    This kind of pack would go great with get together! the people in each sports team could be a club, and you could have rival teams. I think a pack like that would be a good idea. I would say make it a game pack though. I wouldn't want an entire EP dedicated to it.

That's what I'm thinking too!
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I'd like gymnastics, soccer, tennis, rollerblading, ice skating, badminton, volleyball, bowling, and frisbee.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    I'd like gymnastics, soccer, tennis, rollerblading, ice skating, badminton, volleyball, bowling, and frisbee.

Awesome ideas!
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    You have a ton of awesome ideas, OP. :) I wouldn't mind having a sports pack. What active sims can do is lacking, in my opinion. It would even be fun for those who aren't active, because it'd give them more to do.
    I would especially love to have the ability to let my sims play catch with each other, and to be able to put a basketball hoop outside. I always wanted one of those in TS3.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I'm into it, but I feel to properly add sport activities to the game it needs to be it's own EP and it would be a breath of fresh air. I imagine large objects that would handle the selected sports. Baseball, basketball, soccer and football etc would all be great, but the animations required would require an EP to do it correctly. I'm for it though!
    Conclue wrote: »
    I'm into it, but I feel to properly add sport activities to the game it needs to be it's own EP and it would be a breath of fresh air. I imagine large objects that would handle the selected sports. Baseball, basketball, soccer and football etc would all be great, but the animations required would require an EP to do it correctly. I'm for it though!

You're probably right! I would love a sports EP! Especially if we could make our own teams and jerseys!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    If it was an EP, they could add an active career of sports celebrity. Then you could follow your sim to the stadium and do workouts, practice, team building and motivation. etc. the animations would be a big thing though and I have no idea what they can and can't do, but it's always fun to dream.

Game day could have tailgate parties lol
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I'd love to see the football goalpost return so sims can have penalty shootouts. It would be awesome if we could have up to 8 sims alternating between shooting and goalkeeping.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    It'd be nice if they could add athletic careers for different sports, but I guess that'd be too much.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Yes I think this is a good idea. Definitely need more group activities. I think up to 4 sims should be able to play catch together including child sims. A sprinkler, slip and slide and hopscotch would be nice. I wish our little sims could have scooters or bikes.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    While "Sports" wouldn't be my first choice for something new and never really explored, I WANT IT... lol because we need new EP ideas and concepts. The recycling EP's is so old and tiring and boring. That's why I personally *LOVE* how they re-structured releases for 4 with Game Packs and SP's in lieu of a store. All the packs offer at least 2 gameplay objects so that's a great plus!

I'm hoping some of the older concepts will be strategically integrated into another. For instance I feel like "GT" gives us (minus the city) the rest of the downtown/latenight theme. A city world would be PERFECT for Showtime/Superstar. For instance I'd like to see magic and supernatural stuff come in waves, instead of a whole EP. Some themes need EP's. I once thought Seasons could be a GP but I realized it's too much for an GP. I'm just hoping that they bring back the things we've had for years while introducing new concepts all together.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,964 Member
    I would like a sports pack for my sims too...AFTER they bring out Toddlers. I think the sport I most miss is volleyball, I used love watching my large families play it. I would also like to see pool volleyball and Marco Polo along with a normal diving board and slide. I would like to see children be able to play hopscotch, tag, and hide and seek, and gain fun and motor skills from them. I would like to see teens and children be able to ride bikes and skateboards and gain motor skills and fitness from it.... We have open enough neighborhoods for those things.....they could ride a bike or skateboard to a fishing area etc. And PPP the bike in their inventory. Or they could ride their skateboards at the park.... It would be cool if they could even have a skate park venue where you could build your own skate park. Or at least have something set up where u could put it in a park. I would like to see playground equipment for kids... Merry go round, swing, etc. I think basketball, catch (football and baseball) would be nice. With balls u can put on shelves and tables and take out of the inventory. They have a baseball diamond, hockey, basketball, ice skating rinks, bowling alleys and let's not forget the movie theatre (to rest) with candy counter, popcorn machine, and coke machine.... And something like a barista to order from.....I 'd say they could split this stuff up and put them in several packs. I like the idea some one mentioned about the stationary bike for the gym too... Might as well bring out some free weight exercises too.