Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one who wishes GT would have come later?

Don't get me wrong, I'm still hyped about it, I absolutely love love the world. To me, that alone is worth my money. And I do like the clubs feature and plan on using it.
That being said, I really wish this would have been EP 4-5 instead. I agree, GT has replayability and will be awesome to use with every new pack released and that's why I kinda wished they went with something else first, so we could get even more functionality out of this EPs clubs feature from the moment it's introduced.

If only we had a hobbies GP beforehand *daydreams*
hhHD2XB.png
My tumblr - A world of clutter and color

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I feel similarly. My biggest problem is that they have this club system and really no interactions to do. The base game didn't offer a whole lot of variety, and this pack only offers a handful of new activities. To make use of something like this you really need a big variety of stuff to do, or else your clubs are doing the same thing over and over again.

If this pack had more features I could see the value, but GTW didn't offer a whole lot outside of active careers and retail so the majority of content for these clubs is from the base game. I would have loved to see fun new venues to take clubs to, but we are only getting one different venue (cafes). The rest are just updated bg venues. I think it's a neat concept, but it would have been better suited for the game once more stuff to do is added.
  • S1MSKA1S1MSKA1 Posts: 235 Member
    EWWWWWW no. Wrong wrong wrong. The game needed this right now. Future packs will be compatible with the club system anyway.
    WE WANT KOI PONDS FOR THE SIMS 4!
    OMG KOI PONDS!!!!
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Given the outcry over this when it came to launch no you aren't the only one.
    It definitely would have most likely been better received if the "missing content" was here ie cars, toddlers.

But the plus point is that it looks to be a versatile pack and that it will work for future content. Hopefully future EPs will keep that trend going....
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still hyped about it, I absolutely love love the world. To me, that alone is worth my money. And I do like the clubs feature and plan on using it.
    That being said, I really wish this would have been EP 4-5 instead. I agree, GT has replayability and will be awesome to use with every new pack released and that's why I kinda wished they went with something else first, so we could get even more functionality out of this EPs clubs feature from the moment it's introduced.

So, you would rather your sim do hobbies alone and wait 2 or 3 packs to do hobbies with friends in a group? Any foundation must come first otherwise the build will fail. Do GT first and work out any bugs before adding all the activities that we all want.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    S1MSKA1 wrote: »
    EWWWWWW no. Wrong wrong wrong. The game needed this right now. Future packs will be compatible with the club system anyway.
    And that's exactly my point. Since future packs would be compatible anyway, wouldn't it have been nicer if those future packs would have been here first?
    hhHD2XB.png
    S1MSKA1 wrote: »
    And that's exactly my point. Since future packs would be compatible anyway, wouldn't it have been nicer if those future packs would have been here first?

It will be easier to make future packs compatible if the "group/club" foundation is in place first. Then there is no need to backup and add in existing packs.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

So, you would rather your sim do hobbies alone and wait 2 or 3 packs to do hobbies with friends in a group? Any foundation must come first otherwise the build will fail. Do GT first and work out any bugs before adding all the activities that we all want.
    Honestly, I would have preferred for my sims to do hobbies alone for a bit because it would mean they have more stuff to do.
    Like someone mentioned above, if it at least offered some compatibility with the first EP, it would have been really nice, but as it stands right now, only Spa day enhances this feature for right now.

Don't misread what I'm saying, this is not an "omg this ep is bad" thread. I just really wish we had more synergy immediately rather than later.
    hhHD2XB.png

Honestly, I would have preferred for my sims to do hobbies alone for a bit because it would mean they have more stuff to do.
    Like someone mentioned above, if it at least offered some compatibility with the first EP, it would have been really nice, but as it stands right now, only Spa day enhances this feature for right now.

Don't misread what I'm saying, this is not an "omg this ep is bad" thread. I just really wish we had more synergy immediately rather than later.

I understand what you're saying. I would love more things to do and places to go. That may explain why I'm in a "torture my sims" phase of play right now. Maybe a few SPs and GPs will help, after all Spa Day was a GP and Spooky Stuff was a SP and I still play with those a lot.

I understand what you're saying. I would love more things to do and places to go. That may explain why I'm in a "torture my sims" phase of play right now. Maybe a few SPs and GPs will help, after all Spa Day was a GP and Spooky Stuff was a SP and I still play with those a lot.
    Yup, I agree. Definitely any type of pack will help. My only "worry" if I can call it that is that the next GP is likely to be a destination world, so we'll have to wait even longer for some more synergy.

But you never know, I guess. Clubs will still be a feature and the world to me is more than worth it, so I'm looking on the bright side as much as I can. Even tho my opinion of GT has changed dramatically from what I initially thought, I still can't get fully into it.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Time will tell.
    I do hope EA builds off of Get Together when they add more EPs and GPs that have activities that would work well for clubs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I'm slightly torn about it, still.
    On one hand I wish the devs gave me more stuff for generations FIRST, missing life stages and more things to do with families, but if that happened my rotational/storytelling gameplay would still lack this club feature (which is the newfound CORE of the way I play the game). On the other hand, I'm totally satisfied with this EP ---- but I'm still closing an eye at the fact that the younger life stages don't have much to do even after a whole year.

Basically, I'm beyond happy, on cloud nine, for this EP, and yet I still feel like the game has some irrisolved issues when we look at everything that comes before "young adults". But I'm happy, definitely. Now that the EP is done, I also know that the devs will focus on different things. There's no social material to work on that could top the club feature, anyway.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
    @Kiwicantdie I believe you and I have a case of "I want it all and I want it now" :D At least I'm pretty sure I do, lol!
    hhHD2XB.png
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited December 2015
    @Amiutza OH MY GOD :joy: I was just singing that in my head. I can't. We had some sort of brain connection right there.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I think we needed this social feature revamp. The way sims interacted before was a little lackluster for me. Don't get me wrong, I still preferred it over previous games, but it needed to be polished more. This EP will do that, and functionality will be greatly improved (imo). I do think it's a solid revamp that was needed and is better to have now rather than later.

That being said... It is not what I was expecting, nor what my hope of all hopes was ... well hoping rofl. I get the feeling that's sort of the same boat you're in as well, so I empathize with that. GT has some great features that are worth getting excited about, but it's not the "OMG dying of hyperventilation/want this so bad/squee/faint" reaction that a few other titles would have caused me to have. Though... Windenburg does get that reaction from me. I am really happy with that world!

Considering we only have one EP under our belts so far, our sims have a fair amount of things they can do... unfortunately these aren't the things I love for my sims to do. I do enjoy it, don't misunderstand, but it's a matter of "Oh this is fun" vs "SWEET MIDGETS AND HOT APPLE PIE, IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG NOW! COFFEE POWER!!!(addiction engaged)" I suspect it will take another year or two for them to give me supernaturals, though, so I'm prepared for that long haul. LOL

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I would've thought it'd had been the third one, not the second.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    @Ceres_Meiriona you hit the nail on the head with that comment, that is exactly how I feel! I get the "yes it's nice" feeling rather than "omg I need it now" one that only applies to the world itself.
    hhHD2XB.png
    @Ceres_Meiriona you hit the nail on the head with that comment, that is exactly how I feel! I get the "yes it's nice" feeling rather than "omg I need it now" one that only applies to the world itself.

What GP or SP could they put out that would help cure your feelings of boredom? What one thing do you want your sims to be able to do?

What GP or SP could they put out that would help cure your feelings of boredom? What one thing do you want your sims to be able to do?
    Well it would have to be a GP for it to be effective and I could pick a number of themes: sports, I would live to see gardening expanded (more harvestables, a bouquet making station, more gadgets like sprinklers, weeders and the sorts), restaurants (tho this one wouldn't have too much synergy with GT either), a combination of hobbies in general (knitting, sowing, etc) or even a good old house chores thing (laundry, vacuum cleaning, dusting and the sorts). Not to mention a children and teens specific one, I think the majority would be very happy about something like that in lack of a generations ep for now.
    hhHD2XB.png
    This is the feeling I'm waiting for. Something that makes me think "I want it! I want it! I want it!" instead of just shrugging and going, "Eh, that's cool."
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    No, I'm very happy that they've added cafes to the game so soon and the club feature seems huge. If anything, Get to Work shouldn't have been the first EP.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    While I am excited for this EP I kind of agree that this EP should've come a little later in TS4 run. It's one of those EPs that are for some and not so much for others. Like ITF was not for everyone and it came last because all of the major EP themes came before so EA could experiment with new themes. I do think that a lot of these EPs are set up to create some sort of foundation for future EPs. I could be wrong though
    1FKDfKj.png
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    While I am excited for this EP I kind of agree that this EP should've come a little later in TS4 run. It's one of those EPs that are for some and not so much for others. Like ITF was not for everyone and it came last because all of the major EP themes came before so EA could experiment with new themes. I do think that a lot of these EPs are set up to create some sort of foundation for future EPs. I could be wrong though
    I think ITF's place was perfect. I found sort of a double meaning with the title since it was the final EP.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm slightly torn about it, still.
    On one hand I wish the devs gave me more stuff for generations FIRST, missing life stages and more things to do with families, but if that happened my rotational/storytelling gameplay would still lack this club feature (which is the newfound CORE of the way I play the game). On the other hand, I'm totally satisfied with this EP ---- but I'm still closing an eye at the fact that the younger life stages don't have much to do even after a whole year.

Basically, I'm beyond happy, on cloud nine, for this EP, and yet I still feel like the game has some irrisolved issues when we look at everything that comes before "young adults". But I'm happy, definitely. Now that the EP is done, I also know that the devs will focus on different things. There's no social material to work on that could top the club feature, anyway.

At it's heart, a family is just a special type of group, so by adding group activities they're helping family play. I'm looking forward to having family gatherings at the group picnic spot I built or having the family gather for game night. By putting the group foundation in now it's going to make those future features even more useful; moms (and dads) bringing their toddlers together for a play date, slumber parties for kids, night on the town for teens before the prom.

Who knows, if this is successful we could see this sort of group system as a core feature in Sims 5 base game, like they put Mixology skill and bars in the Sims 4 base game when they were only part of Late Night in Sims 3.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    No, I'm very happy that they've added cafes to the game so soon and the club feature seems huge. If anything, Get to Work shouldn't have been the first EP.

This.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »

It's more than just the clubs function -- they're also adding some group functions to the base game as well in tomorrow's patch, so groups will behave different and stay together more rather than take off on their own. Maybe it makes sense that if you're improving group behavior that you introduce the ability to form clubs.

Certainly it makes sense to have this pack come out before University, for example, because it's going to really expand the University game play by being able to form exclusive fraternities and sororities or "secret societies", more like Sims 2 than Sims 3. Might even make sense to bring it before Pets because instead of just being a solo Sim dealing with pets you can have a group of dog lovers showing off tricks or cat fanciers grooming their animals. Maybe even bring back the animal trainer like we had in Sims 2 to help out Sims too busy to train their animals themselves.

I like how with EPs they're trying to alternate old themes with new ideas. GTW was sort of a return to Ambitions with the active careers (I wish that self-employment was an actual recognized job) plus a bit of Sims 2's OFB mixed in. Now we're getting a brand new theme with being able to form clubs and affinity groups. Maybe next EP will be Generations or University or something to do with magic/supernaturals. By alternating old themes and new content, they're trying to keep the series from becoming stale and predictable.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)