Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December patch today?

Comments

• AxelInglesonAxelIngleson Posts: 106 Member
    Still waiting for that patch.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited December 2015
    Still waiting for that patch.

It's not today after all. So you might want to do something else for the rest of the day :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2015
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Surely if the patch is releasing after the pack there will be some problems with people playing before the patch comes out?

They can't do that. The patch will contain many changes to the base game that are necessary for Get Together to work.
    So the patch is releasing Tuesday ok.

Assuming it's a midnight release (which it should be), the patch would have to be released by Monday because Get Together won't work without it. @SimGuruBChick said "getting everything ready for launch next week" that doesn't mean that it will all be on Tuesday, Monday is also a part of next week.

Get Together will be patched and ready to play. If anything, the separate patch helps people who DON'T have Get Together.

So you're saying the patch will be included with the game? (If not sorry but not sure what you're saying). I don't think they will do that then a separate patch. All the new resources that are needed for packs to work have been added in patches with a pre-pack release, which can still be done as long as they release the patch by Monday.

I'm saying, if you have Get Together, you'll also have the patch. I'm referring to those who think the game won't work if the patch does not come before the expansion. There's no such thing as having the expansion without also having the patch.
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    I
    Surely if the patch is releasing after the pack there will be some problems with people playing before the patch comes out?

They can't do that. The patch will contain many changes to the base game that are necessary for Get Together to work.

Assuming it's a midnight release (which it should be), the patch would have to be released by Monday because Get Together won't work without it. @SimGuruBChick said "getting everything ready for launch next week" that doesn't mean that it will all be on Tuesday, Monday is also a part of next week.

Get Together will be patched and ready to play. If anything, the separate patch helps people who DON'T have Get Together.

So you're saying the patch will be included with the game? (If not sorry but not sure what you're saying). I don't think they will do that then a separate patch. All the new resources that are needed for packs to work have been added in patches with a pre-pack release, which can still be done as long as they release the patch by Monday.

I'm saying, if you have Get Together, you'll also have the patch. I'm referring to those who think the game won't work if the patch does not come before the expansion. There's no such thing as having the expansion without also having the patch.

That's not how the Sims 4 series has worked so far. Being a modder I can tell you, that the patch files are indeed needed in order for the packs to work, that's at least how it's been so far. Things can certainly change because they weren't needed in the previous series, but as of currently, it hasn't.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited December 2015
    I

That's not how the Sims 4 series has worked so far. Being a modder I can tell you, that the patch files are indeed needed in order for the packs to work, that's at least how it's been so far. Things can certainly change because they weren't needed in the previous series, but as of currently, it hasn't.

Agree patches as their name indicates main role is to bridge the base to DLCs. I'm assuming if they do have to push the patch release to the 11th hour that it will be released at the same time as the EP, much like when the base was released you had to patch before launching.

if it comes to this time I'm guessing the patch will be available to all once the first region can DL the EP.

Ohhh i just noticed this is my 23,000th comment :D
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    I

Agree patches as their name indicates main role is to bridge the base to DLCs. I'm assuming if they do have to push the patch release to the 11th hour that it will be released at the same time as the EP, much like when the base was released you had to patch before launching.

if it comes to this time I'm guessing the patch will be available to all once the first region can DL the EP.

Ohhh i just noticed this is my 23,000th comment :D

Exactly :)

Congrats on your 23,000th comment! :D

🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member

Thank You, that
    RAM is where processor storages the information that a program has requested, and where programs storage their own data before saving it to the HDD (that's why when you don't save a document in Word for example it disappears, because it was loaded on the RAM and if you don't save is disappears). RAM does not make any command or script or calculation. Sorry but your affirmation was completely wrong.

That is quite possibly one of the best explanations of RAM I have ever read. It explains it perfectly to people who don't understand :)

Thank you at least you understood my analogy, which is hopeful. I build computers as hobby I love doing it. You can learn a lot by building them, this is why I build computers to learn and its fun.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    You all are waiting for the patch. I'm still waiting for Origin to update, go figure. Talk about a double hit.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Can it be tomorrow, please? The wait is killing me. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    We can only hope that they'll release the patch tomorrow.

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I expect Monday.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    sunman502 wrote: »
    We can only hope that they'll release the patch tomorrow.

Haha, or maybe we can just stop hoping. :D My weak heart can't take it anymore.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    You all are waiting for the patch. I'm still waiting for Origin to update, go figure. Talk about a double hit.

Didn't it just update earlier this week?
    FwDXXd5.gif

Yeah, yesterday in fact. Because if you hop on over to SimsVip.com They have Origin update, Dec 2 on their home page.

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member

that was Origin that updated, not Sims 4
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Yeah, yesterday in fact. Because if you hop on over to SimsVip.com They have Origin update, Dec 2 on their home page.

Thanks, mine didn't even update until I just told it to. And I have auto updates on :/
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member

Oh, that's weird that you still haven't gotten it yet.
    MadameLee wrote: »

that was Origin that updated, not Sims 4

Yes, I was referring to the Origin update which sorta messed itself up on my laptop cuz now it's not showing in the correct resolution.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i did not have any origin update today
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    i did not have any origin update today
    Do you have Origin auto update on, and did you try to fire up your game at all yesterday?

• Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Origin is not a bad launcher for EA, the patches in origin installs slim install files for maxis tittles you have bought, but not downloaded or install files for games that are on the house, this is why installing is so fast. Also using your library it installs preinstall files based on your interest.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »

Thank You, that
    RAM is where processor storages the information that a program has requested, and where programs storage their own data before saving it to the HDD (that's why when you don't save a document in Word for example it disappears, because it was loaded on the RAM and if you don't save is disappears). RAM does not make any command or script or calculation. Sorry but your affirmation was completely wrong.

That is quite possibly one of the best explanations of RAM I have ever read. It explains it perfectly to people who don't understand :)

Thank you at least you understood my analogy, which is hopeful. I build computers as hobby I love doing it. You can learn a lot by building them, this is why I build computers to learn and its fun.

Actually she was refering to my analogy, as you can see in the quote lmao
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Maybe today?
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    Maybe today?

LOL I'll be mending my broken heart today, I don't even dare to hope!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I'm not holding my breath. I don't think it'll be today.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif