Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December patch today?

Comments

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Here I had been impressed with the timeline they issued patches. Patching the game the day before GT releases, or on release day is very disappointing.

Side note: Will somebody communicate in Maxis? There has been entirely too many miscommunications coming from the development team.

PR and Communication costs too much money, so they decided to cut it. ;-)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Surely if the patch is releasing after the pack there will be some problems with people playing before the patch comes out?

They can't do that. The patch will contain many changes to the base game that are necessary for Get Together to work.
    So the patch is releasing Tuesday ok.

Assuming it's a midnight release (which it should be), the patch would have to be released by Monday because Get Together won't work without it. @SimGuruBChick said "getting everything ready for launch next week" that doesn't mean that it will all be on Tuesday, Monday is also a part of next week.

Get Together will be patched and ready to play. If anything, the separate patch helps people who DON'T have Get Together.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm kind of surprised to be honest, I mean the Simmers who went to the Creator's Camp were playing the new Patch Version.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I'm kind of surprised to be honest, I mean the Simmers who went to the Creator's Camp were playing the new Patch Version.
    Yeah, but they also often report when there are bugs to the guru's so they can fix them before releasing the patch worldwide. They always done this, to minimize the risk to send out a patch with lots of bugs (not always succesful though)
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited December 2015
    I'd rather they take the time to do it right; however delaying the patch release to be on top of the new exp could possibly (almost assuredly?) cause once again the kind of chaos with the modders that we all went through in January. That was a real mess and we even lost some very good cc artists over that :'( So - I'm not looking forward to next week.

So much this last part.

Blah. I'm so bummed. Maxis, I curse thee! May your children be born naked and screaming from hence forth!
    (relax, most children are born naked and screaming. ;) ) lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Surely if the patch is releasing after the pack there will be some problems with people playing before the patch comes out?

They can't do that. The patch will contain many changes to the base game that are necessary for Get Together to work.
    So the patch is releasing Tuesday ok.

Assuming it's a midnight release (which it should be), the patch would have to be released by Monday because Get Together won't work without it. @SimGuruBChick said "getting everything ready for launch next week" that doesn't mean that it will all be on Tuesday, Monday is also a part of next week.

Get Together will be patched and ready to play. If anything, the separate patch helps people who DON'T have Get Together.

So you're saying the patch will be included with the game? (If not sorry but not sure what you're saying). I don't think they will do that then a separate patch. All the new resources that are needed for packs to work have been added in patches with a pre-pack release, which can still be done as long as they release the patch by Monday.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Hey folks, long time no speak. How is everyone? I've missed you all :)

Back on topic, no patch today. We are getting everything ready for launch next week for The Sims 4 Get Together. Lots of caffeine!!!!

Thanks, and good luck!! Sounds like a Red Bull Office Weekend :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Guh so disappointed, was so hyped to finally have the game in 64-bit. This makes me nervous about how GT release day is gonna be, I'm gonna be holding off on purchasing until I see how bad the bugs are.
  • Le0nard1963Le0nard1963 Posts: 264 Member

Back on topic, no patch today. We are getting everything ready for launch next week for The Sims 4 Get Together. Lots of caffeine!!!!

Thank you very much for the replying,Deby) We are waiting a patch!! Thanks))
    edited December 2015
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Yeah, but they also often report when there are bugs to the guru's so they can fix them before releasing the patch worldwide. They always done this, to minimize the risk to send out a patch with lots of bugs (not always succesful though)

True, although it didn't seem that many Simmers had any problems with it, in fact, I haven't read anything that suggested as such, might be that they're still fixing pre-existing Bugs and Glitches however.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    Perhaps they're releasing it the same day as Get Together because the work on the Patch has been coinciding with Get Together and they're focusing on fixing all the Bugs they've found with the new Patch and Get Together + all other Packs?
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    edited December 2015
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    These RAM chips help the processor run commands and scripts.
    22668402434_32c10fd6cf_o.gif

The best way to put it is to image the processor is a huge train terminal like Central Station in New York, now picture the Ram chips as Train Depots that have trains going around the city picking up riders, and bringing them back.

RAM is where processor storages the information that a program has requested, and where programs storage their own data before saving it to the HDD (that's why when you don't save a document in Word for example it disappears, because it was loaded on the RAM and if you don't save it disappears). RAM does not make any command or script or calculation. Sorry but your affirmation was completely wrong.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    RAM is where processor storages the information that a program has requested, and where programs storage their own data before saving it to the HDD (that's why when you don't save a document in Word for example it disappears, because it was loaded on the RAM and if you don't save is disappears). RAM does not make any command or script or calculation. Sorry but your affirmation was completely wrong.

That is quite possibly one of the best explanations of RAM I have ever read. It explains it perfectly to people who don't understand :)
    apple-signature.png
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Weird because @catloverplayer posted a pic Of a guru saying today and then they change their minds.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member

You're back!

I missed you. <3
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
    Weird because @catloverplayer posted a pic Of a guru saying today and then they change their minds.

That tweet was misunderstood, the guru replied with "Yup" to a question about the group feature.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

That tweet was misunderstood, the guru replied with "Yup" to a question about the group feature.

Err that's a big misunderstanding....
    LR3g0ni.jpg

Err that's a big misunderstanding....

Lol agreed.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Well I a bummed. I have been REALLY excited about the patch.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I want my patch NOW
    def8b6c421491a78b474dba0b468078e.jpg
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

This is a complete misquote.
    dbYeEUt.png
    kJAzziZ.png
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited December 2015
    I want my patch NOW
    def8b6c421491a78b474dba0b468078e.jpg
    Me too! Give it!

anigif_mobile_038aac90ad35f1da9c2bda9ac1c29606-16.gif

752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    We're all so excited, it's cute! :smiley:
    Shame it's not today, but eeeeeep I can't wait :#
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Slawfish wrote: »
    We're all so excited, it's cute! :smiley:
    Shame it's not today, but eeeeeep I can't wait :#

I feel bad because I had the strongest feeling it wouldn't be today, but didn't say anything as to not rain on anyone's parade.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2015

Well I know a good place with a chicken mascot to get coffee. You just might need to drive a few hours. I've missed you too and we all miss seeing you come on forums, so welcome back. I have been curious did your job change as to the reason why we don't see you on forums much? I've never gotten an answer to this yet, but I was worried at first when we didn't see you come back on forums much for months.

I'm doing ok, just enduring the black ice and power outages, so it has been interesting. I hope I can do the patch before power goes out again. I was very happy to hear the date get delayed for it although sad about the no supernatural thing. It looks like it is going to be a pretty cool pack. I'm excited about what I've heard from the upcoming patch so far especially the colored maps and the musical chair fix.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller