Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED: I found one. :)

SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
edited December 2015 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
I was going to use Victoria Isles (download link on exchange), which is the victorian themed world I fell in love with. However, I don't have all the required EPs and it ended up giving me a dozen different criminal locations, no city hall, some glitched out things, etc... Then, I found the empty version of the world and started to build it up. Well, two weeks later, I don't think I even have ten lots in, and it is a HUGE world. It would take me forever to furnish it to fit the theme properly...

I spent the last hour or so looking for a good world that I could use that would fit one of the above options, coming upon some well-known worlds (Deery Meadows, Meadow Glen, Evansdale Country, Glenvale County...) and stumbling upon well-known sites (My Sims Realty, RFLong7, FLStrider, the index thread...) but none of them really fit. I came across another perfect world, Hope Springs, then found out that the bridges are from some expansion I don't have, therefore rendering the world unusable for me. :( I would put the world into CAW just to be able to raise the land and create a bridge out of land, but I can't figure out how to do that.

So, I have come here looking for help. I have two options that I'd be willing to do.
1) Medium+ sized world (Pretty good computer, it can handle a large world) that is furnished to fit a victorian-style theme. I only have Pets, Seasons and Late Night, so it could only use those EPs if it uses EPs, or if it uses little things like some furniture in a house uses another EP. I'm willing to bulldoze a few lots if necessary and rebuild/replace them with what I have. However, I want it to be able to look like a sim could just drive off to another town in the distance.

2) An empty medium sized world similar to that of Victoria Isles (see the paragraph below) in layout, with the straight roads around the main city area and plenty of room for residential lots, and not an island -- I would love if it looks like it connects to other land somewhere so it would be realistic for a sim to just drive out of town.

Thank you in advance for your help!
~Open your mind before your mouth~
Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
Post edited by SilentWolf101 on

Comments

• Options
    17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    I quite like Cobblestone by KarilynMonroe2. There's a thread here on it on about page 8. It's Sunset Valley Victorian style.
  • Options
    @17mars Thank you for the reply! I'll definitely check it out. :)
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    @17mars Thank you for the reply! I'll definitely check it out. :)
    Hi there! Were you able to find my world and try it out? I had all of the EP's and Stuff Packs installed when I built it so not sure if it will even open for you. Please let me know, maybe I can help.

• Options
    @KarilynMonroe2 I'm sorry, what was the title of your world? I don't remember stumbling upon in... I did find a world I liked, though. :)
  • Options
    Cobblestone. I am surprised you don't have supernatural, there are a lot of good victorian clothes and furniture in that EP. I hear they are all on sale right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I don't have supernatural only because I didn't have enough money at the time I got pets and seasons to get that too. When I first got TS3, it came in a bundle with Late Night and High-End Loft Stuff. So, that's all I have right now. I might be getting SN or Ambitions this Christmas, though...

EDIT: Oh, and yes, I did come across your world Cobblestone. I downloaded it, but I think something was missing from the world when I tried to play it and I ended up moving on...
  • Options
    Yes it would have missed many things without Supernatural and also Midnight hollow is where I got the train tracks and the train is from World Adventures etc. Did you find a victorian world that works for you?
  • Options
    I did. :) Neverglade. Not entirely victorian, but it works wonders. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Just wondering but... what does a Victorian-style theme world look like? An Empty one, by the by. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    @Rflong7 Mostly houses that are victorian themed would make the world seem like a victorian world, like this. This was Victoria Isles, but for the example I'd mainly focus on the residential pictures and *maybe* the wharf pictures.

As for the empty world, I meant if you were to take the empty version of Victoria Isles and shrink it down a bit to a medium sized world. The empty world didn't need to be victorian themed, just an empty world like the layout of Victoria Isles.

However, I found a world that works just as well with the EPs I have. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Sorry, I realize you closed the topic but I am curious what would make it a Victorian themed world -without the built lots. There are so many Awesome Victorian house builders that I don't even build many of them. :)
  • Options
    @Rflong7 Without the houses, I suppose it's not much of a victorian world, just a simple world. However, that can be turned into a victorian world -- or any other world for that matter -- through the builds and sims placed in the world.