The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Holiday Party Pack (Share your pics and happenings)

Okay, in my game, Talin Deppiesse has just opened up a new store in a little legacy neighbourhood. It's stocked with Christmas items from the pack, as well as custom items and fireworks. This has put me in a gooey mood and it will only get worse as the weeks progress, lol. I'm not Christian, and have always enjoyed the festive season, the beautiful decorations and the family movies on TV. I hope the items to end up in all the sims' inventories by Christmas. Usually, I play a specific island neighbourhood in the holidays (fitting, as December falls in the Summer, where I live) and my sims hang out on the beach, but this year I have seasons, so I want my snow! :smiley:

As this is my first time with the pack, I have three questions:

1. Does anyone know if Santa can be summoned with bought cookies, or do the sims have to bake them themselves on their home lots?

2. How does Santa arrive, does he just appear in the room? Stubborn me doesn't want to look at videos and would rather wait to see it for myself :tongue: (Pics are acceptable, though :wink: ).

3. Finaly, do sims kiss under mistletoe????????

I don't download lots, so I hope to eventually build a simple lot for the large tree and some reindeer. Definitely it will have an ice rink, too! Anyway, I'd like it if you'd share your own adventures with the Holiday Pack or items you used before you owned it :smile:. Any memorable moments, things your sims did, what you've created or are creating or planning, for this year, and don't hesitate to throw in pics. Anything gooey, romantic, mischievous, or whatever. You choose. :heart::smile:

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

You know, I don't know about the bought cookies. I think he should because I've used left over cookies and he's shown up. I believe it only takes 1 cooking skill to bake the cookies. XD

2. I've only seen Santa appear by the Christmas tree- he then eats the cookies/or not if the plate is empty, gives a present by the tree, and then he spends the rest of his time in the bathroom. I normally turn the toilet so he can't clog it up. XD

3. Yes- they do.

I've built a few Holiday lots; Santa's House in the woods with his workshop and elf dorm, and have a several Ice skating rinks and Toy stores. You're right- they're always fun to build and play this time of year. :mrgreen:
  • actuallyitsjessicaactuallyitsjessica Posts: 136 Member

Thanks, @Rflong7 :smile:

1. I thinks so too, that it's the setting down of the plate that triggers the arrival. I love selling the cookies, so I just wondered what would eventually happen with them, lol.

2. Aah, in the distant past, I used to think he arrives by chimney, lol.

3. That makes me very happy. :heart:

Your lots sound lovely. Especially Santa's house and workshop!

edited November 2015
    I wish I had some pictures. The lots are saved in a file but I keep wanting to build new ones. XD

OH, I found one- The Skating Rink, supposed to look like two presents - a store in one side and an arcade in the other:
    snapshot_00000026_160b2265.jpg
    snapshot_00000026_760b2251.jpg

These were from before Seasons and snow. :)

Post edited by Rflong7 on
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I wish I had some pictures. The lots are saved in a file but I keep wanting to build new ones. XD

Oh dear, lol. Well, don't fight it. Keep building! Yesterday, I just browsed through some Christmas lots and I think the gooey feelings started there.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

OH, I found one- The Skating Rink, supposed to look like two presents - a store in one side and an arcade in the other:
    snapshot_00000026_160b2265.jpg
    snapshot_00000026_760b2251.jpg

These were from before Seasons and snow. :)

Those builds and pics so cute <3

I have noticed in 2 different threads you have mentioned your builds for Sims 2, as I am only used to being able to download sims 3 stuff is there somewhere I can download your sims 2 lots or at least look at them -)
    @Rflong7, I never noticed you'd posted pics :smile:

What a cosy little lot :heart:, and yes, the arcade and the shop actually do look like gifts. I especially like the red colour.

Hi, Thanks! :mrgreen:

@SPARKY1922 - I don't have them uploaded anywhere now. I should, it would be fun but I'd have to go through them and check/remove/list all the CC. :)