Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Set our own difficulty.

I'd like to see difficulty sliders in this game.

I find this game to be incredibly easy, but on the other hand I see others complaining that bills are too high and needs are hard to keep filled.

I think some slider options for needs, bills, etc would be beneficial for all.

What do you guys think? Would it even be possible?

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Hmm, I don't really know if that's possible. I guess you could just use a mod for higher bills...

But I think the needs are fine the way they are, it gives you more time to do other activities.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I like that idea
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Wish we had debt options.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »

Yes! I think it would be neat if your sim could take out loans from the bank to buy a retail store.
    edited November 2015
    Speaking of banks, I'd like to have a banker career/job.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member

Yes! I think it would be neat if your sim could take out loans from the bank to buy a retail store.

We do. It's called "kaching" or "motherlode". ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

We do. It's called "kaching" or "motherlode". ;)

Lol, yes I know that but I'd love it if it worked like a bank loan were there was interest and debt.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Whoever says Needs are hard in this game has never played The Sims 1 or 2.
  • madokamadoka Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2015
    They could have "difficulty options" that say things like "amount of bills" and have either sliders, or if that is too difficult just small medium and large. I could see that happening... maybe.

EDIT
    I'd like to add that I hate receiving a 12k bill for my favorite build of mine. It's a beautiful build and its not that large, but every time it's a 12k bill and it just feels so unrealistic. I'd love to get that lowered.
    tumblr_n44s6oo9G21qztgoio1_500.gif
    Find my Legacy family tree here
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Agreed. :D

I probably spent the majority of my time managing needs, especially if there was more than one sim.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I like the idea, but at the same time there are things in the game to make it more difficult. I use the free real estate cheat at the start of every game to get my Sims in a somewhat pricey house ($125k or so) so their bills are about $2500 when they're just starting out. Some of the careers don't pay well until you get to the higher levels, like Criminal or Culinary.

You can safely assume my Sims have a tendency to come home from work with a Tense moodlet at least half the time, but that's how I play.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Good gawd, yes. I need some challenge in this game. It's not even about the bills for me. It's that all some seem to be in happy land where nothing ever goes wrong. I'd like a difficulty level for there to actually be consequences to actions or something similar to that.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited November 2015
    But how would it work? Where would the challenge be? That would be interesting to see how many ways it can be made easier/harder.

-They're needs would be static or 3 times a day they have to use the bathroom/eat/shower?
    -Cheap rent?

Cheats are there if anyone wants things easier/harder. That's how I always looked at them.

*TS2 got easier with each additional expansion- OFB with the dragonflowers/Freetime (?) Aspiration Benefits/new career rewards like Jumbok - plus the plan old, base game Aspiration rewards.
  • SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    edited November 2015
    I find myself leaving out fun content to make things more of a challenge (aka lifelike). Sims have to earn the ability to go to the Spa, etc and what they do there depends on financial ability no matter if they have the money or not. *I* am their financial institution.

However, I would love some more difficulty put back into Sims. Found myself losing interest back in Sims 2 when easiness was being added. You can't readily re-establish something you've removed though so I agree with @Rflong7 on implementation. :|
    CxevBFV.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2015
    I don't think we need this, I don't think I need this. What I need is more detail and what if's added to things. Like...what if a burgler robbed you? This would surely increase the difficulty in the game and is much easier and fun then just making a slider that you have to pull in order to sort of have fun (though as always people will probably complain they get robbed too much and they'll make put it at 0 percent like the aliens, so much for anything fun these days). It would be also cool though that after the light and water were cut off if the repoman appeared in the house, there's just so much they could do and it would make the game fun and harder not just harder in some way.

Though let it be said that I think that careers in TS4 pay really really bad as opposed to the OP paintings sims sell for money. They need to tweak these two really bad.

Also like people said, you can use cheats to make it easier or harder for you, or you could make your own limits and make the game harder for yourself.

So, in short, again, no, this is not something that this game needs or is all about. Plus bills in the game are already pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 high unless you have a ton of cash and live in a small house with not many expensive things.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    About bills, They're not to high, they're too frequent, like who pays $8800 a week? I don't, gradually per month yes, but not per week, absolutely
    not!

Needs you can make it easier by:
    A: disabling needs all together.
    B: reward Traits, Steel bladder, Never weary, Hardly hungry, Antiseptic, Independent.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Perhaps increase difficult equated to:

Faster Need Decrease
    More Expensive Bills
    Slower Work Performance
    Slower Skill Speed
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    Prink34320 wrote: »

Faster Need Decrease
    More Expensive Bills
    Slower Work Performance
    Slower Skill Speed

Sounds good!

Also would like a chance to get fired from my job.
    Chances to die or become very ill from sickness.
    I'd like a messy house to result in bugs and sickness.

Faster Need Decrease
    More Expensive Bills
    Slower Work Performance
    Slower Skill Speed

Sounds good!

Are there any chance cards that can lower job performance drastically?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    sorry op but i disagree i like the sims4 as it is
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited November 2015
    Astro wrote: »

Faster Need Decrease
    More Expensive Bills
    Slower Work Performance
    Slower Skill Speed

Sounds good!

Not drastically no. You really have to slack off to get demoted. Come to think of it, I've never been fired in the sims 4.

Faster Need Decrease
    More Expensive Bills
    Slower Work Performance
    Slower Skill Speed

Sounds good!

Not drastically no. You really have to slack off to get demoted. Come to think of it, I've never been fired in the sims 4.

Hmph, I don't think any of my sims have ever gotten fired either, same with TS3. In TS2 I've had a few sims get fired... I miss the challenge of TS2.

And I still wish sicknesses actually had an affect besides a negative moodlet.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member

Faster Need Decrease
    More Expensive Bills
    Slower Work Performance
    Slower Skill Speed

Sounds good!

I think the higher you are in a Career, the easier it seems to be demoted, perhaps once a Sim reaches Level 8 of their Career in Hard Mode, 'Normal' won't do much or anything at all to increase work performance without an emotional boost, that would make it more difficult but it is possible to get fired from a Job, but the easiest way is only to not go to work for consecutive number of days I think.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I am more of a speed grinder. I get pretty annoyed when my sims get demoted for picking the wrong choice at those special interactions you get now & then at the end of work hours. Plus you can still get demoted if you repick the correct answer you had before :s
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,595 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »

Yeah, I know right? The fun and comfort needs are just ridiculous.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif