Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is my child wearing this helmet thing?

This is not what I choose for him and yet here he is wearing some weird helmet and glasses?

tumblr_nyhtv1njcX1t47h8go1_540.jpg

Is it a glitch?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Do you have a mod in your game?

I noticed after putting some mods in my game my Sims often end up wearing all sorts of interesting things.

At first I was a bit put off by it, but now I think it's interesting. It adds variety and I'm finding all sorts of outfits I never knew I had.

I often don't use things because I don't like them in their picture but once on a Sim they look entirely different and then I have to track down what outfit it is and start using it.

If it is something I don't like I either change them or wait for the mod to put them into something different. I usually wait for the mod to do it.
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    I don't like surprises actually xD
    I can change him back by change outfit> everyday, even though he is actually supposed to wear everyday at that very moment.
    But he is inactive and I have to go through the trouble to switch.
    To my knowledge I don't have mods about clothes.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    They do that when they go for a joyride (I think is what they call it) on the couch or a chair. They put on that helmet and glasses and pretend to be driving (a race car, I guess).
    Oh so it's not a glitch!
    Do inactives change out of it on their own?
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited November 2015
    budewarmin wrote: »
    Oh so it's not a glitch!
    Do inactives change out of it on their own?

Probably eventually. If you did use mods, NRaas MasterController will let you change inactive outfits without having to switch. I wouldn't bother either way. There's no telling when he could play joyride again.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Do I remember someone saying there's a mod to deal with joyriding? If so, I neeeed it. Really tired of those helmets on my active sims, not really caring about most inactives too much.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I haven't had a joyriding sim yet - not that I've noticed any way. Now I know how to recognise one. :o Thanks
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Joyride is really cute when you have 3 siblings doing it!
  • newrtynewrty Posts: 25 Member
    i have been looking for a mod to stop AUTONOMOUS JOY RIDE as well...
    at first i enjoy seeing kids do that, but now its just irritating, i have already turn off the KIng/Queen for a day, but THERE IS NO AUTONOMOUS STOP JOY RIDE. i checked everything in retuner, but it doesn't seem to have it either. help! please!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    newrty wrote: »
    i have been looking for a mod to stop AUTONOMOUS JOY RIDE as well...
    at first i enjoy seeing kids do that, but now its just irritating, i have already turn off the KIng/Queen for a day, but THERE IS NO AUTONOMOUS STOP JOY RIDE. i checked everything in retuner, but it doesn't seem to have it either. help! please!
    With Retuner's Object Menus on, click on a sofa or loveseat and NRaas > Retuner > General > Go For a Joy Ride > Autonomous > False. Not sure, but you may have to repeat this for each type of seating that can support a joy ride.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Personally I don't mind my sim kids keeping busy doing games like that to entertain themselves so if I get sick of seeing it, I just give them something else to do like toss a baseball around or read a book.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I like they do things like this autonomously as well.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I also think, it´s cute when they do this things autonomously. It´s interesting to see, that some of the kids seem to spend their entire childhood in the king/queen outfit from "presiding over royal court", while others prefer to play with the costume chest. None of them ever decided to to a joyride autonomously, when I think about it. Mh. Is this tied to traits?
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    I love when my sim kids are just playing whatever games and just being kids <3 I make sure they always do their homework right after school, then I let them run wild until it's time for dinner and bedtime! Though, I don't usually see kids go joy riding autonomously... They just do the royal court and play outside whenever they feel like, which is a lot :D
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited April 2017
    My child sims do that joyride thing all the time, it's bith cute and annoying actually.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited April 2017
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    My child sims do that joyride thing all the time, it's bith cute and annoying actually.

What makes it annoying, probably, is the "all the time".

I put a mod in to get rid of the autonomous royal court because some sim kids do it all the time. It's really annoying when you're trying to gather up the household to go on a family outing because the one kid stuck in the "all the time" royal court mode goes off to hold royal court instead. Then you have to cancel that and then dress them in the appropriate outfit. All the while the rest of the household is just waiting around or even worse start wandering off to do their own thing. I was at the point where I just wanted to kill off the royal court kid so that the rest of the family could go on outings together, that's when I decided to install the mod instead.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm truely beginning to wonder if it's trait related then! That I would like. What traits though...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I remember one of my legacy childs in particular, who seemed to live in his royal king outfit. He was neurotic, excitable and brave.
    (And a cute older brother <3 ).
    Screenshot-x320_zpssugfgfq0.jpg
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Anyone who expects kids to remain in their everyday clothes - or not to change out of wacky play or dress-up outfits - has missed out on the fun of having a child IRL who insists on going out to eat dressed in a Boba Fett helmet and a tutu. :D

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2017
    Even cute things become annoying when they happen "all the time."

Sindocat wrote: »
    Anyone who expects kids to remain in their everyday clothes - or not to change out of wacky play or dress-up outfits - has missed out on the fun of having a child IRL who insists on going out to eat dressed in a Boba Fett helmet and a tutu. :D
    Somehow I get the sense that you mean this is not an appropriate outfit to be wearing for real life outings to most restaurants. Why doesn't someone ever tell us these things? :p
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    edited April 2017
    I also think, it´s cute when they do this things autonomously. It´s interesting to see, that some of the kids seem to spend their entire childhood in the king/queen outfit from "presiding over royal court", while others prefer to play with the costume chest. None of them ever decided to to a joyride autonomously, when I think about it. Mh. Is this tied to traits?

I have a kid like that in one save, and his teen brother boos at him whenever he sees the younger kid holding "court", cracks me up every time it happens. (just the teen brother, the rest of the family doesn't seem bothered by it)

Darren (child bro.)"...and now I, King Darren the Magnificent, declare that all--"
    BJ (teen bro.)"Boooooo... you suck!"
    Darren "..ahem, I declare that all--"
    BJ "Boooo... boooo!"
    Darren "...that all teen brothers should shut the plum up!"
    BJ "Mooooom! Darren just swore at me!"
    Darren "But Mom! BJ keeps interrupting my royal court!"
    BJ "Well, royal court is dumb!"
    Darren "IT IS NOT!"
    Mom "BJ, shut the plum up & let Darren pretend whatever he wants no matter how dumb it is!"

...because parents aren't interested in justice; they want quiet.

I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
    My original post was made because the inactive kids would not switch out from that outfit. Back then I just started playing sims 3 as I'm pretty late to the party and even though I had nraas MC, I was not aware that I could make inactive sims switch out into normal outfit that way. I still don't know if I was having a glitch or if back then I should have simply used MC to change their outfits to everyday. Yet it seems odd game design to me to make inactive kids not switch out of that outfit autonomous.
    I have modded it out now.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top