Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Color Timeline Resource (0x19301120)

SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hi all,

This resource lives in the .world packages and define the color of various sky elements based on time of day.

Note that unfortunately .world files will not load resources out of the mods directory so the only way a mod could replace this resource is to actually modify the .world file in the game's install directory. This is not ideal since touching data in the game's install directory could cause problems when the game is patched, although performing a "repair" in Origin will always get the game's data files back into their correct state.

-SGMS

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimsTongSimsTong Posts: 4 New Member
    That's crazy...I think this must be useful
  • BeeKeepersBeeKeepers Posts: 5 New Member
    I tried editing the WorldColorTimeline resource in the .world packages to modify the colors of shadows, but no matter what entries I try to modify, the game crashes when I attempt to load the world. I even tried editing other values, like the color of the night sky, but the game still crashes. Has the bt file changed since then? Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    BeeKeepers wrote: »
    I tried editing the WorldColorTimeline resource in the .world packages to modify the colors of shadows, but no matter what entries I try to modify, the game crashes when I attempt to load the world. I even tried editing other values, like the color of the night sky, but the game still crashes. Has the bt file changed since then? Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Seconded. It happens when i edit the skybox resource too.
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hi there,

We haven't made any changes here for some time. Can you post the crashing record and I can take a look at why it's crashing.

Thanks,
    SGMS
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2016
    I know this is a late reply, but to anyone having problems editing .world files: the problem is due to the fact that S4PE doesn't save with the compression type that resources in those files use. In order to edit them, you need to uncompress the resources. Unfortunately, it has the side effect of increasing the size of the file, but it works.
    Post edited by Zerbu on
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Yeah this is because the compression type for the records are modified from “Internal Compression” (0xffff) to “zlib” 0x5a42. But the data has not been recompressed as zlib, so the game tries to decompress as zlib and fails. So this is a bug in s4pe where it is not propagating the compression type properly.

Storing the records as uncompressed it a good workaround.

-SGMS
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I'll let the team know
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Zerbu wrote: »
    I know this is a late reply, but to anyone having problems editing .world files: the problem is due to the fact that S4PE doesn't save with the compression type that resources in those files use. In order to edit them, you need to uncompress the resources. Unfortunately, it has the side effect of increasing the size of the file, but it works.

How i do this?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top