Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Digital Downloads and Purchases

Well since Contact EA has made itself unreliable due to unknown reasons, I need some help from my fellow Simmers on here, you see I been wanting to upgrade my Sims 4 to the Digital Deluxe, but I don't know how to for various reasons, 1 being I don't have a credit card or paypal, and 2 I want to know if I can get the upgrade by buying it on origin, with a family member's credit card or some other form of payment, but I can't know for sure, since Contact EA isn't working and I can't contact an EA Game Advisor, because the waiting period to speak with one, is taking far too longer than it should be.

So please can someone help me with this situation I am dealing with, any help would be appreciated.
'Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
Quote from Isaiah 41:10

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yes, you can buy the upgrade on Origin. The purchase is made the same as for any post-launch add-on. Go to My Games, click the "i" on Sims 4, and scroll down. Origin does accept both PayPal and credit card purchases; it does not, however, accept non-bank ("vanilla") credit cards for some countries (it does for others).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    So it does take credit cards, that's good, both my folks have credit cards, but what kind I don't know.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • Options
    tacochickenwings1tacochickenwings1 Posts: 23 Member
    If their cards are with any of the major banks, you should be fine. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, etc.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    And what about South African banks? Such as Standard Bank, ABSA Bank, Nedbank and First National Bank. Does Origin cover any of the banks in South Africa? There are more banks in SA, but I can't list them all.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    And what about South African banks? Such as Standard Bank, ABSA Bank, Nedbank and First National Bank. Does Origin cover any of the banks in South Africa? There are more banks in SA, but I can't list them all.

I haven't heard about any issues with South African bank credit cards.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Luthienrising, I surely hope there are no issues with our banks.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • Options
    Thanks for the help, I hope there are no issues with our banks or Origin.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Thanks for the info Luthienrising, I surely hope there are no issues with our banks.

If you go on Origin, your Origin will be set to your country. It will show some payment methods, so you can see if yours are supported. But usually most credit cards are under Visa or Mastercard. So you should be fine.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    I found this EA Help page for people who live in South Africa. I will post the link in case it helps now or into the future with queries that you have,
    http://www.ea.com/asia/1/support-za