Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just got our first snow.

cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
Well it snowed overnight here last night, today the temperature took a huge dip from yesterday, it wasn't alot of snow and I honestly think it will eventually melt. Has it snowed there yet where you are or do you live in a no-snow area?
PC Specs:
Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
16GB DDR4 RAM
128GB SSD
1TB 7200RPM HDD
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
6685561181.png
Rogers Ignite 70u internet

Comments

• SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    Ah snow :) I absolutely love snow! Unfortunately the last time I saw a big snowfall was in 2012 where it snowed so much that roads were closed. However since then I haven't seen a big snowfall at all. According to the weather where I live we're expecting a white Christmas, but the weather has been wrong before so I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

However I really hope it does snow as I love seeing snow fall from the sky, especially at night time :)

#LetItSnowLetItSnow
  • S_EmpressS_Empress Posts: 169 Member
    Where I live the winters are becoming increasingly more and more drastic. I love snow and I get excited every time I see it. Growing up I lived on a tropical island; we moved into the US and I saw snow for the first time. Over a decade later, I still am in awe every time I see these mysterious white flakes fall from the sky!
    d638a1c7eb80c6dc5cd92a6d922fe948.gif
    Call me Slavic for short. (^-^*)/
    Slavic_Empiress on TS3 site, I always welcome more friends.
    I sim with integrated graphics. d(-_^)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Yeah we too got our first snow yesterday. Luckily it's not too thick.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    I've seen snow once in my life. It was cold, though. And wet.
    Me likes sun.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Apparently there were flurries on Saturday morning, but I saw nothing.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Nope, I live in Louisiana and I've only seen snow once which was about 5-6 years ago.
  • HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    First snow was two days ago and now it's raining. The temperature has been about -0°C for few days.
    They had a huge snowstorm in Central-Finland, over 55 000 households had their electricity down and phone lines were cut off.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    3-6 inches in our area.
    It caught us by surprise. Usually there may be some flurries around Thanksgiving and people are hoping for a white Christmas. It may disappear though as it will warm up again and we might get some rain.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    It snowed in like late August-early September, somewhere around then, good ol' Canada XD. Then it didn't snow again for a while and it's snowed a couple more times in the last month, most recent being last night. We keep getting chinooks (brings us warm weather) on the weekend too though, so we keep warming back up and melting the snow at least.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited November 2015
    No, not yet :'( But hopefully soon, I love snow! I'm wishing for a white Christmas but I don't know if it will happen.
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Currently -4 here. (celcius)
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • NatariaNataria Posts: 587 Member
    Lol. Snow. What is snow?
    Origin name: Beatrix85
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    We had our first snowfall this past Friday night (the 20th) through Saturday (the 21st). 4 and a half inches where I live. ENTIRE driveway was all ice. Part of the front (public) sidewalk was ice, and my back porch. The salt that I put down did its job and melted all of it. And since the temps (which dipped down in the lower 20s) rose a bit since then, I'd say about half of the snow we got is already melted.

And everything I just mentioned is par for the course for the Upper Midwest! (U S)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    > @dreamerz13 said:
    > It snowed in like late August-early September, somewhere around then, good ol' Canada XD. Then it didn't snow again for a while and it's snowed a couple more times in the last month, most recent being last night. We keep getting chinooks (brings us warm weather) on the weekend too though, so we keep warming back up and melting the snow at least.

Late August!! Holy wow. I'm from the midwest in the US, and it can get pretty cold there as well, but dang. Respect, gurl, for dealing with the cold for so much of the year.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Summer here but we do occasionally get snow in late winter... August/September-ish :) Once every few years for a day or so lol (New Zealand) I'd love to have a white christmas.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I live in North-Eastern Canada so our snow started end of October. In fact it's actually blowing snow right now. Only expecting 4cm though so I'll probably still have work in the morning...lol.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Rinellie wrote: »
    > @dreamerz13 said:
    > It snowed in like late August-early September, somewhere around then, good ol' Canada XD. Then it didn't snow again for a while and it's snowed a couple more times in the last month, most recent being last night. We keep getting chinooks (brings us warm weather) on the weekend too though, so we keep warming back up and melting the snow at least.

Late August!! Holy wow. I'm from the midwest in the US, and it can get pretty cold there as well, but dang. Respect, gurl, for dealing with the cold for so much of the year.

XD We don't usually get it that early. Sometimes though. It's the price I pay for living by the Canadian rockies though, worth it for me. Plus I'm broken... I don't like heat and prefer cold... I blame it on being a winter baby lol. I do hate snow though (it's pretty but can be dangerous).
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love the snow though we didn't get anything last winter and I hope to see some this year or I'll be looking at relocating to a colder climate.I should do that anyways because I can't stand hot weather and love the cold and it's even better with the snow if you dress right for it.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Do... Do you... Do you...
    1hH6kF0[IMG][/img]
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    No, not yet :'( But hopefully soon, I love snow! I'm wishing for a white Christmas but I don't know if it will happen.
    I am wishing for a white Christmas as well :) Hopefully we'll both get one!

Hugs <3
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    There were some flurries a few days ago. Enough to cover my windshield. Nothing big though. However, there was some sizable snow to the south 2-5 hours south. At my uncle's house, who lives five hours away, got 9 inches of snow!!

The temperature has been skirting freezing lately. The forecast is mostly just above it. So I know snow is coming. I can wait though, last winter was so freaking cold. Where I live, snow is like 90% guaranteed by Christmas.
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I love the snow though we didn't get anything last winter and I hope to see some this year or I'll be looking at relocating to a colder climate.I should do that anyways because I can't stand hot weather and love the cold and it's even better with the snow if you dress right for it.

I'm sure you do like the cold, but if you do move, you probably don't want to move too far north. It may not have as hot of summers, but it comes at a price. Cold and snow is nice. But freezing to death is not. By cold you probably mean 15-32 degrees Fahrenheit. Much colder than that, and it's miserable, at least to me.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I live in North-Eastern Canada so our snow started end of October. In fact it's actually blowing snow right now. Only expecting 4cm though so I'll probably still have work in the morning...lol.

And we ended up with 10cm. - -'

So if anyone wants snow, we got some.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • KPSimmerKPSimmer Posts: 188 Member
    I live in Florida, the last time we had flurries here was in 1989. :/
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Lucky! I've never seen snow!
    6JSxk49.png?1