Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some laptops not compatible with windows 10

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Yip I was not very happy. I did the compatability test and it said compatable, I installed it and it worked great for a while then all of a sudden after the last update I started getting display driver crashes and recoveries, I contacted Toshiba and they said that my laptop is not compatable any more and so is many others, especially ones using the radeon amd graphics cards. So please be careful simmers ;)
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Yip I was not very happy. I did the compatability test and it said compatable, I installed it and it worked great for a while then all of a sudden after the last update I started getting display driver crashes and recoveries, I contacted Toshiba and they said that my laptop is not compatable any more and so is many others, especially ones using the radeon amd graphics cards. So please be careful simmers ;)

We have posted your thread all over this forum so people are aware. We have already had people in tech who's computers can handle windows 10 . IMO them giving you back windows 7 is better. I dont like windows 10
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    We have posted your thread all over this forum so people are aware. We have already had people in tech who's computers can handle windows 10 . IMO them giving you back windows 7 is better. I dont like windows 10

LOL all over hehehehe :) Well as long as it can help other simmers. They should not go on what the compatability test say, they should contact their manufacturers if they really want to upgrade to windows 10. I am so happy with my 7 back, have not had one problem or display error since I got it back from microsoft, it took up my whole day though, I phoned in the morning and we only finished late afternoon, but it was worth it and they were very helpful and understanding :)