Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New PC for Sims 3 and 4 - any advice?

Hi, I'm considering purchasing a new desktop for game play and other general use, but as I am not very technical I thought it best to post here first. I currently only play Sims 3 and 4 so I would like a PC which is able to run both of these games (with expansions) smoothly. Right now I own a Hewlett-Packard p7-1058uk PC (Windows 7, 4GB RAM, i7 Processor, 64 bit, Intel HD Family graphics), which I have been informed is not ideal. I've started looking at the recommended graphics cards listed for the Sims 3/4, but if anyone can offer me their advice I would really appreciate it. I'm in the UK.

Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Notifying @chesterbigbird.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Colton forgot to ask you your budget and do you play any other games besides the sims 3/4 ?
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Colton forgot to ask you your budget and do you play any other games besides the sims 3/4 ?

Sorry. D:

I am currently on mobile... And was too lazy to type that. D:
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Hi again, sorry should have clarified - I don't play any other games, at least not at the moment. I'm not certain what a realistic budget should be, but possibly around £750 or £800 at the highest.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Hi again, sorry should have clarified - I don't play any other games, at least not at the moment. I'm not certain what a realistic budget should be, but possibly around £750 or £800 at the highest.

When @chesterbigbird comes on the forum later than can help you. Customs the best way to go and they can do custom configurations on line with places like cyberpower uk
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Thank you, I hadn't even considered that.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes, customizating can be your friend, I have two systems from Cyberpower. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited November 2015

Sorry for late reply :
    http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/saved/1002978
    I made this config
    Will play the games at max settings,
    Do you need monitor? and do you connect to wireless Internet?

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide