Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your Sims celebrate real life holidays?

If they do, do you like them to celebrate them based on the time of year in real life, or do you let them celebrate them when you feel like it?

Just want to make sure I'm not weird for making my sims celebrate all the holidays I can think of in November. :lol:

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes my sims celebrate almost every holiday and based on how I take it in real life. Mine celebrate it by the real life calendar.

My Stein Household celebrated Halloween recently.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860892/the-stein-household-halloween-2015
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    For me, personally, I rarely get in to the holiday themes in the sims. I think for the 2 yrs I played Sims 3, I had them throw maybe 3 gift-giving parties. I've maybe put up a tree 6 or 7 times in ALL the years I've played all the sims from sims 1.
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    It looks like they had a great time, @catloverplayer! The fairy costume looks lovely on your sim. :)
  • Options
    It looks like they had a great time, @catloverplayer! The fairy costume looks lovely on your sim. :)

They'll be having their Thanksgiving Soon.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I also recently made this thread about supernatural sims celebrating halloween
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/862037/the-grim-reapers-halloween#
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I like The Sims 3 seasons, because it has it's own in-game holidays, and I like to celebrate them when the family is big enough. I can't see myself playing holidays in The Sims 4 because there are no seasons yet.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Mine almost never do, though I sometimes decorate a house I'm playing for Christmas when it's Christmas in my house, and I like the tacky sweaters.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Yes, they do. Christmas is extremely important to me.

(no, I am not religious)
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Mostly Halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas. If I remember, Valentine's day.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    No, they don't. Actually, I tend to create their own holidays like a certain day during winter for Christmas when I have Seasons, and so on.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited November 2015
    If they do, do you like them to celebrate them based on the time of year in real life, or do you let them celebrate them when you feel like it?

Just want to make sure I'm not weird for making my sims celebrate all the holidays I can think of in November. :lol:

I have in past Sims games. I haven't really done so, yet, in Sims4. But, I tend to celebrate them based on what time of year it is in RL. I like to decorate for Christmas, for instance, and keep the decorations up. It's a nice way to help keep ME in the spirit.

ETA: Today, because I've been struggling to stay warm, I had my Sim light the fire in their fireplace.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    peoplespartypeoplesparty Posts: 250 Member
    When its winter in-game, I celebrate Christmas and Hanukkah. one week is Hanukkah and three days after they celebrate Christmas.
    635811694122995745-1577902652_halloweenpumpkinhead.gif

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I like The Sims 3 seasons, because it has it's own in-game holidays, and I like to celebrate them when the family is big enough. I can't see myself playing holidays in The Sims 4 because there are no seasons yet.

I grew up in Southern California. If it rained on Christmas, I was happy. But, mostly we had bright sunshine and maybe 70F. Wasn't terribly cold where I lived.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member

I grew up in Southern California. If it rained on Christmas, I was happy. But, mostly we had bright sunshine and maybe 70F. Wasn't terribly cold where I lived.

It snows every year on Christmas here. I know a lot of places don't have white Christmas, but it wouldnt feel like Christmas for me without it! My sims don't mind, though.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    As this is my first year with this game, I will be celebrating Christmas with them at least, or as close as I can make it. I'm from Canada so my Thanksgiving has passed, and while I had the game for Halloween, I wasn't in much of a mood to pick up Spooky Stuff. Looks like a great pack so might consider it next year. Since the holiday pack was free though and I've gotten some CC content, oh we will definitely be getting pictures at least in ugly Christmas Sweaters. XD. And probably dinner as well. One of my main sims has aspiration of a top chef and needs to throw a dinner party. He knows how to cook a roast chicken now so that's close enough to a turkey.

Only issue I'm having at the moment is trying to download "First Snow" mod. Just minor browser stuff that is an annoyance.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member

Last year there was loads of snow during Thanksgiving, yet hardly any snow during Christmas.
  • Options
    I'm hoping for a holiday pack 2 free pack in a Dec to add stuff to the game the first one missed.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yes, I do make them celebrate some holidays and also at the same time as in real life since I play with aging off, so I don't have rush anything.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I'm hoping for a holiday pack 2 free pack in a Dec to add stuff to the game the first one missed.

I think some winter gear might be nice if they do a second pack, or some holiday themed toys. Again, I only just got the game back last month so I don't know much on the holiday pack. Just that the sweaters are Christmas Ugly Cute...lol.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I will only do Christmas, but the rest seem odd to me to do in the game. Even in Sims 3 I would rarely do anything for "love day" or "spooky day".
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'll put up a few decorations around the house to get into the spirit. Even though we don't have Seasons, it still feels like Christmas to me since it will likely be 70 degrees and sunny where I live.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Yeah, it adds variation in my game and gives me a reason to change their current Attires and House :3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options

I think some winter gear might be nice if they do a second pack, or some holiday themed toys. Again, I only just got the game back last month so I don't know much on the holiday pack. Just that the sweaters are Christmas Ugly Cute...lol.

Well children got missed with the sweaters in the first pack plus the first pack missed mantle stockings,poinsettia,gift boxes,nutcracker,gingerbread houses etc.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I use too, I use to be great at celebrating holiday themes in the Sims, but for some reason I haven't been on point, I'm always late.
    Like right now, I'm starting to have ideas for Halloween, I'm telling you watch Christmas and new years swing by and end January, I'll be decorating my sims House for Christmas.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Yes holidays are very important to me as they are to my sims. Im not religious either but Holidays don't really have a religious meaning to me. My sims have celebrated Halloween so far. Thanksgiving is next and then my favorite holiday to celebrate, X-mas!
    1FKDfKj.png