Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I really really REALLY want apartaments!

Please sim gurus, make sure you include them in this iteration of The Sims. And pleaaaaase with flowers on top, make them similar to the Sims 2 ones.

A big wish and my vision: my main family living in a luxurious penthouse on top while their new YA son rents a smaller place a couple of floors down. The ground floor has a cafe and a couple of retail stores, while the basement is reserved for a public laundromat. In my humble opinion, this would be the ideal way of implementing them.

I'm really interesting in reading how other simmers see their ideal apartment building :)
hhHD2XB.png
My tumblr - A world of clutter and color

Comments

• Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited November 2015
    Ooo yes please. I'd like to own property and charge rent as well.
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Apartments would be pretty cool :)
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Ooooh that too! A whole service industry even. I'd love my own cafe/restaurant/apartment building or any other venue. And I'm gonna go ahead and ask for a farm as well, with a produce stand that bypassers can purchase from. But I am once again, getting carried away.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I hope that we will get apartments soon, I always loved apartments in 2 and the penthouses we got in 3. I would definitely buy an apartment themed pack.
  • Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    I was thinking about Sims 2 apartments.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I loved the Sims 2 apartments and using them was how most of my couples met in that game. I always used the same apartment complex just because I loved it's layout. I altered it to add a pool to the courtyard and hot tubs to the back yard open space. I don't care how it's set up, or what premade apts they give us, so long as it operates in the same way....with individual apartments and the ability to knock on doors and go to apartments and the ability to hang out in common areas...even if one of those is a laundry room.
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Juliee101 wrote: »
    I was thinking about Sims 2 apartments.

YAAAAAS!!!!

I want apartments as well. ASAP PLOX.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I miss so much those apartments from Sims 2 <3 They are one of the main reasons I'm looking after an urban EP.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Ooooh that too! A whole service industry even. I'd love my own cafe/restaurant/apartment building or any other venue. And I'm gonna go ahead and ask for a farm as well, with a produce stand that bypassers can purchase from. But I am once again, getting carried away.

I dunno. This iteration seems to be the one to be able to grant many of our wishes. All in due time. ;)
    I miss so much those apartments from Sims 2 <3 They are one of the main reasons I'm looking after an urban EP.
    Me too! I don't even care what the rest of the EP would have if apartaments would be done well, lol!
    hhHD2XB.png
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Me too! I don't even care what the rest of the EP would have if apartaments would be done well, lol!

Mhm, Karaoke, bands (with singing), basketball, restaurants maybe...
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

HalloMolli wrote: »

Mhm, Karaoke, bands (with singing), basketball, restaurants maybe...
    Yes! I would love karaoke and a singing skill and career. I have so many ideas, it's not even funny tho. I'm just hoping they won't skip a lot of the things I would like to see.

hhHD2XB.png
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    I really love the idea of apartments if they were made the same as TS2 :) I loved how we could have four of our families living on one lot, I love that when the neighbors next door made noise you could pound on the walls or go to their door and complain lol. TS2 had a lot of great features that I hope someday make it to this game. As far as farming yes please, would love to have a whole world with new and old farmhouses,crops of corn, Cows to milk, chickens laying eggs. Sorry now I'm just rambling lol

Happy Simming Tori <3
    justlurking.gif
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I must say that I did like the apartments in Sims 2 best, so I hope that they are even better then that, I do want apts.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I don't need a penthouse or luxury apartments. I just need more space for more Sims. I don't know about you guys, but my world has already filled up and run over. I'd love TS2 style apartments where I can have multiple families living on the same lot, but play them at different times.

I'd also love apartments above retail spaces and anything else we could use to combine lot types and give us more room. It's claustrophobic in these worlds.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I don't need a penthouse or luxury apartments. I just need more space for more Sims. I don't know about you guys, but my world has already filled up and run over. I'd love TS2 style apartments where I can have multiple families living on the same lot, but play them at different times.

I'd also love apartments above retail spaces and anything else we could use to combine lot types and give us more room. It's claustrophobic in these worlds.
    The reason why I mentioned penthouse is because I'd like the possibility of building two stories ones for more space apropiate to bigger families and small ones for single sims, couples, etc. The more customization the better imo :)
    hhHD2XB.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I would like for there to be some economic thought behind them. I want the game play of apartment living too, but there should be some economics choices at play when you decide if your sim is going to rent or buy.

What I would like my apartments to be is cheap, so my sims can spend their cash on having nice stuff instead of living in an empty house with only a few items. The trade off is they lose that money put into renting. There should also be penthouses like there was in TS3 and also have condominium options.

I had made some custom normal apartments in TS3, but often I found moving in to be so expensive that they might as well just buy a house.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited November 2015
    Apartments would be an amazing fit for TS4. That is, if they are done in the style of TS2 apartments. This includes being able to visit other apartments within the lot without any extra loading screen, Sims banging on the wall if their neighbors are too loud, a ton of compact, functional apartment furniture (spiral staircases!!), and more of the sort.

In fact, this would have really been great for Get Together, being it is so focused around group interaction, and unity among Sims. Another missed opportunity, I guess.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Apartments would be an amazing fit for TS4. That is, if they are done in the style of TS2 apartments. This includes being able to visit other apartments within the lot without any extra loading screen, Sims banging on the wall if their neighbors are too loud, a ton of compact, functional apartment furniture (spiral staircases!!), and more of the sort.

In fact, this would have really been great for Get Together, being it is so focused around group interaction, and unity among Sims. Another missed opportunity, I guess.
    I agree, apartaments would have been really great in GT, they fit the theme imo, but I suppose they were saved for a city type world.
    I honestly don't mind waiting, I just really hope they do them right.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    edited November 2015
    YES! I would totally buy almost any pack (as long as it wasn't completely terrible) if it had well-done apartments! A Metropolis-like pack is my number one most wanted expansion, and apartments would work perfectly with it!
    Post edited by SharkDO on
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

Sims 2 style apartments would be really nice to have. I really enjoyed playing in those lots.
    Please sim gurus, make sure you include them in this iteration of The Sims. And pleaaaaase with flowers on top, make them similar to the Sims 2 ones.

A big wish and my vision: my main family living in a luxurious penthouse on top while their new YA son rents a smaller place a couple of floors down. The ground floor has a cafe and a couple of retail stores, while the basement is reserved for a public laundromat. In my humble opinion, this would be the ideal way of implementing them.

I'm really interesting in reading how other simmers see their ideal apartment building :)

Do you want TS2 style of apartment building and or TS3 style? I prefer being able to put several of my households in one building and then rotating between them. Always seeing them out in the common areas and leaving and coming home. I didn't really enjoy TS3's style because I enjoyed furnishing everyone's apartment so when my Sims went next door they could use their stuff in TS2. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Do you want TS2 style of apartment building and or TS3 style? I prefer being able to put several of my households in one building and then rotating between them. Always seeing them out in the common areas and leaving and coming home. I didn't really enjoy TS3's style because I enjoyed furnishing everyone's apartment so when my Sims went next door they could use their stuff in TS2. lol
    Definitely Sims 2 style. I love those. The 3 ones feel like I'm surrounded by rabbit holes somehow.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    If we get them like in the Sims 2 yes please B)

The only good thing with the ones in the Sims 3 for me was being in high rises, but the rest of them was terribly done!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 712 Member
    Me too. I recently started playing The Sims 2 and the feeling of owning an apartment and what comes with it is something I'd really like to see on TS4, given the fact that the graphics are SO beautiful. I hope we get that Metropolis EP they have in mind and includes Apartments. I doubt the next EP would be that because Get Together is kind of that style of gameplay, so let's see if by the end of 2016 we have some good content.