The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isn't It A Bit Too Early?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    Right now it costs time and money for companies to port over a game from one platform to another. I think it's EA's dream to have one game that can be ported over all platforms, or at least PC to mobile with minimal work. But to do that, the PC version has to be able to work on a mobile phone, and you see the problem.

I think a huge number of people have game capable computers. Recent titles such as The Witcher 3, GTA V, and Fallout 4 seemed to have no issues with selling their games, despite having fairly high minimum requirements. My midrange AMD 7870XT GPU that I purchased more than 3 years ago is still able to run those games, not on ultra, but on high settings. I'll upgrade in a year or so. The total cost of my computers run around $1000, and that's enough for it to last 5 years with good playability. The trick is to hit the sweet spot of value.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    OP, you seem very ignorant to the reason why many of us want The Sims 4 to end.

A friendly reminder: Calling a persons opinion ignorant is against the rules and it will result in a warning. Yes, I got one already. ^^

Edit: Don't worry, I didn't flag your post, though :D.

Oh some simmers love calling people ignorants around these forums... Some sims 4 lovers that i know....
    I'm sorry but why does that matter? If they call you ignorant it's because they're horrible people who don't know respect it has nothing to do about what game they like. Plus you don't like Sims 4 (by what I've seen) so I doubt you get into fights often with people who hate it so it makes sense that the people you argue with will just so happen to be Sims 4 fans.

I don't mind debating with ppl . But those people who feel the need to insult others to get their point across are the ones i have a problem with.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    fromsmilesfromsmiles Posts: 47 Member
    I honestly hadn't expected a sims 4 to come out. so, whatever simmers you talk to are definitely asking for more way too early. I thought the creators were gonna stop at 3, but I was wrong.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

A friendly reminder: Calling a persons opinion ignorant is against the rules and it will result in a warning. Yes, I got one already. ^^

Oh some simmers love calling people ignorants around these forums... Some sims 4 lovers that i know....
    I'm sorry but why does that matter? If they call you ignorant it's because they're horrible people who don't know respect it has nothing to do about what game they like. Plus you don't like Sims 4 (by what I've seen) so I doubt you get into fights often with people who hate it so it makes sense that the people you argue with will just so happen to be Sims 4 fans.

I don't mind debating with ppl . But those people who feel the need to insult others to get their point across are the ones i have a problem with.
    Yeah I know normally if I see it happen I report it because no one deserves to be insulted on the internet for having an opinion. I just feel it's unfair when people get grouped up and called dumb or obnoxious just because it's not direct doesn't mean it won't hurt. You may not have done that but you insinuated that most people who are ignorant are Sims 4 fans which isn't fair either.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Yeah I know normally if I see it happen I report it because no one deserves to be insulted on the internet for having an opinion. I just feel it's unfair when people get grouped up and called dumb or obnoxious just because it's not direct doesn't mean it won't hurt. You may not have done that but you insinuated that most people who are ignorant are Sims 4 fans which isn't fair either.

No i just said some sims fans i know call people ignorants. Thats what i meant to say at least
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    OP, you seem very ignorant to the reason why many of us want The Sims 4 to end. It literally has nothing to do with anything you mentioned. The game is just terrible compared to previous ones. When you look at how well The Sims 2 and Sims 3 was received by the vast majority of fans and critics alike, you would see that. The Sims 4 has been given an average rating at most (usually three stars, 75%, or a C). The Sims 2 and Sims 3 always got much higher ratings than that.

While I agree that the sims 4 is somewhat lacking (I still enjoy It), you must remember that the sims 3 wasn't' glowing when it initially came out. New sims games always feel stripped when they are released, and after several expansion pcks, people eventually get on board and enjoy it. Once a family play ep is made (and toddlers are patched in) a lot of people will start liking the game more. Opening neighborhoods adding terrain modification tools and creating a create a world tool will also help.

The engine, while not perfect is still pretty solid, even if restricts certain features like a completely open world. Remember the sims 3 engine also had its flaws (for example routing issues and lag)

True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Based on what I have read, a number of sim fans more or less want Sims 3.5, or Sims 3.2.5, with all of their favorite features from the previous games (preferably, out of the gate) and better tech than the previous titles.

Which is not totally unfair, but it does suffer from the problem of what exactly constitutes an essential sims feature and opinions on that are varied, as evidenced by discussions had on what constitutes a base sims feature.

Anyway, these people usually feel that sims 4 missed the mark in unforgivable ways and they are therefore ready to move onto the next attempt at garnering their fandom (which is, in their minds, sims 5).
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    You clearly have no idea WHY The Sims 4 isn't successful.

Wait, what? How do you know it's not successful?!

This is the only "indication" I've found on this topic:

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/weekly-charts/news/a595181/the-sims-4-becomes-first-pc-game-to-top-all-format-chart-in-two-years/#~oXG2Q4f5UEfktw

It looks pretty good if you ask me. Yes, since TS4 is a fantastic game after all. ^^

Exactly and without ts4 being successful there won't be a sims 5.