Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isn't It A Bit Too Early?

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2016
    And being honest, there is ALWAYS talk about the next Sims game just as soon as one comes out.

Eg. April 2010 (we only had WA at this point and people were saying Sims 4 should have cities, etc even though the Sims 3 was about to get them) and already people had started stuff for Sims 4.
    http://www.snootysims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=32940

Instead of just asking them to change and improve 3.

People just think things are the way they are in the base game, and move on. The Sims 3 with all EP's was very different from the base. People don't see that things can change. They often just say "nope, start again" even though there is another 4 years for the game to grow.

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,660 Member
    edited January 2016
    Never mind
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    OP, you seem very ignorant to the reason why many of us want The Sims 4 to end. It literally has nothing to do with anything you mentioned. The game is just terrible compared to previous ones. When you look at how well The Sims 2 and Sims 3 was received by the vast majority of fans and critics alike, you would see that. The Sims 4 has been given an average rating at most (usually three stars, 75%, or a C). The Sims 2 and Sims 3 always got much higher ratings than that. Also, The Sims 4 is hardly promoted anywhere else but Sims related media. At least the other games were actually advertised on TV and stuff like that. Even the launch of Sims 4 wasn't nearly has hyped as Sims 2 or Sims 3. The Sims 3 actually had a press release party! Not only that, but Sims 3 (and I'm pretty sure Sims 2) even had demo versions of their games. The Sims 4 didn't release a demo version until it got all the negative feedback it did. The only reason EA decided to give one out is because people weren't buying it.

The Sims 4 is what people don't wanna play. It's NOT The Sims franchise as a whole.

Sims 3 was not well received, there was a major backlash against it. It was delayed while they tried and mostly failed to try and fix the issues before launch. All you have to do is go back through the Sims 3 forum to see the evidence for yourself. I was there and it was not pretty.

• Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Yes, but it's probably only 0,1% of all simmers who want TS4 to end. Dedicating threads to them is making them bigger than they actually are.

.1% of current Sims 4 owners? I bet it's a higher percentage than that. But probably over half (hey, it's as valid as your guesstimate) of potential simmers are ready for Sims 5. That said, no one wants to see Sims 5 now, too soon to get it right. I'm ready for Sims 5 in as much as I never want to play Sims 4 ('no open world' was my deal breaker).

They can throw random, inaccurate percentages up in the air as much as they'd like, but it remains that TS4 was the least successful Sims game to date. In addition, they had a track record of having each base game outdoing the other in sales (for instance, TS3 sales were MASSIVE compared to TS2, which outsold TS1). TS4 broke this trend completely.

And it's so obvious, too. An image of a game sale shelf within Walmart was posted on a very large social network with a topic having nothing to do with The Sims, although the image showed The Sims 4 on the lower shelf. One of the highest voted comments was "What? They made a TS4?", followed by countless replies to that user with huge lists of TS4's faults, EA blame, and TS3/TS2 praise. I've also seen this sort of thing happen in RL too. People do not realize how massive The Sims used to be -- I'd dare to say anyone who has their feet wet in PC gaming is at least aware of The Sims brand. Although, now, it just doesn't exist, and that's EA's own fault.

TS3 sales were not massive, they were way down compared to Sims 2. Sims 1 was the best selling PC game of all time in its time, and then the Sims 2 took the crown. Sims 3 ended the streak. It is fine if you like the Sims 3, but forget trying to rewrite history.

• Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    There are very good reasons why some people are putting their hopes and interests to a potential Sims 5 and giving up on TS4. Some of my reasons were already stated by several people above but my mum is now on board with the hopes for a better installment since her TS4 is no longer playable for her since the last patch. She's dealing with a bug that's keeping her from really playing where her Sims are freezing while time continues on, or their queue doesn't move into the active area so the Sims just stand around. I've had to go over there and do the repair game and folder reset for her and it's not fixed it for her. The work arounds sometimes get her Sims out of it but it happens again a moment later and interrupts her play that she has to pause the game, go into build/buy mode, can't do queue line ups or anything like that. I feel bad for her. :(

It's frustrating that they said they sacrificed some content in the game for better performance but here we are. So no, I don't feel it's too soon to be thinking or having hope for another installment that will hopefully have it's own real foundation and not a recycled one from a failed concept. Mind you I'm not being rude, it's just the reality for some players isn't as pleasant as it is for others and this is what we're dealing with.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Baenre wrote: »
    There are very good reasons why some people are putting their hopes and interests to a potential Sims 5 and giving up on TS4. Some of my reasons were already stated by several people above but my mum is now on board with the hopes for a better installment since her TS4 is no longer playable for her since the last patch. She's dealing with a bug that's keeping her from really playing where her Sims are freezing while time continues on, or their queue doesn't move into the active area so the Sims just stand around. I've had to go over there and do the repair game and folder reset for her and it's not fixed it for her. The work arounds sometimes get her Sims out of it but it happens again a moment later and interrupts her play that she has to pause the game, go into build/buy mode, can't do queue line ups or anything like that. I feel bad for her. :(

It's frustrating that they said they sacrificed some content in the game for better performance but here we are. So no, I don't feel it's too soon to be thinking or having hope for another installment that will hopefully have it's own real foundation and not a recycled one from a failed concept. Mind you I'm not being rude, it's just the reality for some players isn't as pleasant as it is for others and this is what we're dealing with.

@Baenre A lot of that freezing, in my experience, has to do with particular lots. Deleting the lot and rebuilding it (fun, I know) will rectify that problem. it's just another fun workaround at an acclaimed stable base game. But it works if it matters to you ;)
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Baenre wrote: »

Never experienced this :( I hope they fix this.
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    @kremesch73 It matters that my mum can play the game. :) I'll let her know and hope this helps her. I appreciate the suggestions.

@jackjack_k Aye, it's pretty bad. I did a test on her game to see what she was talking about specifically and it's really off putting.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Jarsie9 wrote: »
    If they do go cross-platform (like in the survey) you can probably count on TS5 being even more watered down than TS4. After all, you have to be able to play your saved game on your console, tablet, and smart phone as well as your PC.

I think there may be *some* cross platform stuff, but they didn't say "cross-save" which means the versions of the game might link up some ways, but they didn't mention cross-save which would mean each version would be the same and be able to continue a game on any platform.

The impression I got from that (in)famous survey that I took (EA), is that if the player started a game in one platform, that same game could be transferred to another platform and the player could just keep playing the same game. That's what I understood them to mean. Maybe I am wrong about this, but I do know that EA allegedly wants to maximize its profit by offering the same game across all platforms, PC, mobile, tablet, and console. And then again, it might just be the last three.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    > @Lustianicia said:
    > OP, you seem very ignorant to the reason why many of us want The Sims 4 to end. It literally has nothing to do with anything you mentioned. The game is just terrible compared to previous ones. When you look at how well The Sims 2 and Sims 3 was received by the vast majority of fans and critics alike, you would see that. The Sims 4 has been given an average rating at most (usually three stars, 75%, or a C). The Sims 2 and Sims 3 always got much higher ratings than that. Also, The Sims 4 is hardly promoted anywhere else but Sims related media. At least the other games were actually advertised on TV and stuff like that. Even the launch of Sims 4 wasn't nearly has hyped as Sims 2 or Sims 3. The Sims 3 actually had a press release party! Not only that, but Sims 3 (and I'm pretty sure Sims 2) even had demo versions of their games. The Sims 4 didn't release a demo version until it got all the negative feedback it did. The only reason EA decided to give one out is because people weren't buying it.
    >
    > The Sims 4 is what people don't wanna play. It's NOT The Sims franchise as a whole.

This isn't aimed specifically at the person who posted the above, but I'm using the quote merely as an example. Please be aware that I haven't read this whole thread because I simply don't have the time, if there are people around who hate the Sims 4 that much, why are you hanging around on the forums and why are you still playing the game? If you're not still playing the game why are you on the forums?? Forgive me but I just don't understand. There is so much complaining and whinging about how the gurus never seem to look at posts or respond...have you stopped to think that maybe they simply don't have time because any constructive criticism is lost in masses of unnecessary moaning and arguing. It must be awful for those gurus who do check the forums to have to wade through it all and try to separate the constructive from the plain old waste of time.

If you don't like the Sims 4 and you have nothing specific and constructive to offer that might improve the CURRENT version, there are 3 previous versions to play. Either get busy playing those and leave the forums for those who genuinely have something to suggest or go and do something else entirely...it's only a game at the end of the day.
  • Options
    TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    @huandlu, and others

Don't assume everyone who thinks that EA could do better than it did in the sims 4 does not play the sims 4.

I played all the 3 previous versions and I'll happily say I think the sims 4 is just not as good as the others.
    But I still play the sims 4.

Also, while it is unrealistic to think it will happen soon I can't wait for sims 5 to be announced.

The logical part of my brain tells me that EA will never learn and that the sims 5 will be worst than the sims 4, :(
    The hopeful part of my brain tells me that if the SyFy channel can learn from their mistakes and public announce it, then maybe EA can too. :)
  • Options
    > @TreelifeCreation said:
    > @huandlu, and others
    >
    > Don't assume everyone who thinks that EA could do better than it did in the sims 4 does not play the sims 4.
    >
    > I played all the 3 previous versions and I'll happily say I think the sims 4 is just not as good as the others.
    > But I still play the sims 4.
    >
    > Also, while it is unrealistic to think it will happen soon I can't wait for sims 5 to be announced.
    >
    > The logical part of my brain tells me that EA will never learn and that the sims 5 will be worst than the sims 4, :(
    > The hopeful part of my brain tells me that if the SyFy channel can learn from their mistakes and public announce it, then maybe EA can too. :)

There was no assumption made. There are always things that can be improved upon. My question was why are those who feel the need to constantly whinge and complain about features/lack of features still looking at the forums and why are they still playing the game if they feel it is that bad? I think we should be offering constructive comments about what we like and don't like, rather than clogging up the forums with pointless criticism. That was the point of my post.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    @huandlu wrote: »
    > @Lustianicia said:
    > OP, you seem very ignorant to the reason why many of us want The Sims 4 to end. It literally has nothing to do with anything you mentioned. The game is just terrible compared to previous ones. When you look at how well The Sims 2 and Sims 3 was received by the vast majority of fans and critics alike, you would see that. The Sims 4 has been given an average rating at most (usually three stars, 75%, or a C). The Sims 2 and Sims 3 always got much higher ratings than that. Also, The Sims 4 is hardly promoted anywhere else but Sims related media. At least the other games were actually advertised on TV and stuff like that. Even the launch of Sims 4 wasn't nearly has hyped as Sims 2 or Sims 3. The Sims 3 actually had a press release party! Not only that, but Sims 3 (and I'm pretty sure Sims 2) even had demo versions of their games. The Sims 4 didn't release a demo version until it got all the negative feedback it did. The only reason EA decided to give one out is because people weren't buying it.
    >
    > The Sims 4 is what people don't wanna play. It's NOT The Sims franchise as a whole.

This isn't aimed specifically at the person who posted the above, but I'm using the quote merely as an example. Please be aware that I haven't read this whole thread because I simply don't have the time, if there are people around who hate the Sims 4 that much, why are you hanging around on the forums and why are you still playing the game? If you're not still playing the game why are you on the forums?? Forgive me but I just don't understand. There is so much complaining and whinging about how the gurus never seem to look at posts or respond...have you stopped to think that maybe they simply don't have time because any constructive criticism is lost in masses of unnecessary moaning and arguing. It must be awful for those gurus who do check the forums to have to wade through it all and try to separate the constructive from the plain old waste of time.

If you don't like the Sims 4 and you have nothing specific and constructive to offer that might improve the CURRENT version, there are 3 previous versions to play. Either get busy playing those and leave the forums for those who genuinely have something to suggest or go and do something else entirely...it's only a game at the end of the day.

Hi :)

Welcome to the Sims forum. You might want to checkout the rules for behavior. :)

I'm sure you do realize you are not the first to say that, nor will you be the last, I'm sure. This site is open to anyone who makes an account- even Koren Spam bots get to post.... if you have a problem with someone breaking a rule there is a report button.

Again- welcome to the Forums- spread the joy you think others should share. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    huandlu wrote: »
    > @TreelifeCreation said:
    > @huandlu, and others
    >
    > Don't assume everyone who thinks that EA could do better than it did in the sims 4 does not play the sims 4.
    >
    > I played all the 3 previous versions and I'll happily say I think the sims 4 is just not as good as the others.
    > But I still play the sims 4.
    >
    > Also, while it is unrealistic to think it will happen soon I can't wait for sims 5 to be announced.
    >
    > The logical part of my brain tells me that EA will never learn and that the sims 5 will be worst than the sims 4, :(
    > The hopeful part of my brain tells me that if the SyFy channel can learn from their mistakes and public announce it, then maybe EA can too. :)

There was no assumption made. There are always things that can be improved upon. My question was why are those who feel the need to constantly whinge and complain about features/lack of features still looking at the forums and why are they still playing the game if they feel it is that bad? I think we should be offering constructive comments about what we like and don't like, rather than clogging up the forums with pointless criticism. That was the point of my post.

Yeah, I see what your saying. I think most people start out wanting to give constructive criticism but then emotions get in the way and it end up a little less constructive and a little more rant-y.

I admit I probably said some less than constructive things when EA dropped that toddlers weren't going to be in the game despite their earlier promises that all sims 3 life states would be in the sims 4.
    I've never trusted EA again after that one. :)
  • Options
    > @Rflong7 said:

> Hi :)
    >
    > Welcome to the Sims forum. You might want to checkout the rules for behavior. :)
    >
    > I'm sure you do realize you are not the first to say that, nor will you be the last, I'm sure. This site is open to anyone who makes an account- even Koren Spam bots get to post.... if you have a problem with someone breaking a rule there is a report button.
    >
    > Again- welcome to the Forums- spread the joy you think others should share. :mrgreen:

Hi Rflong7,

FYI I have been a member of the forums since 2009 and I don't believe I've broken any rules of behaviour, if that's what you're implying. Just because someone doesn't post a lot it doesn't mean they don't like to read the forums for Sims news or to see what other Simmers ideas are.

Thank you nonetheless for your welcome.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Sims 5 has likely already started development. The next iteration usually starts development a year or two into development of the current one. It's likely only in the ideas stage at the moment.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Joseph15266Joseph15266 Posts: 305 Member
    Sims 5 has likely already started development. The next iteration usually starts development a year or two into development of the current one. It's likely only in the ideas stage at the moment.

Something tells me that if they have already started development, then they'll push back the release date to 2020 (the 20th anniversary), giving them an extra year to finish off the game and include more features
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I wonder if there will be a sims 5. How many times can a company make the same game over and over in a different coat before people lose interest? Series end, its normal.
  • Options
    Kaantje wrote: »
    I wonder if there will be a sims 5. How many times can a company make the same game over and over in a different coat before people lose interest? Series end, its normal.

I think there will be, since there is enough interest in the Sims 4 to keep it going at least a few more years
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Sims is way to much of a money maker to just end because of a loss of interest. As long as it keeps making alot of money EA will have no reason to simply give up on it.
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited January 2016
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Sims is way to much of a money maker to just end because of a loss of interest. As long as it keeps making alot of money EA will have no reason to simply give up on it.

True.
    I hope your right. I like the sims. Don't know if I would buy sims 5 when the time comes. With every serie the shine gets less and less. Not because I found the serie before better, but because its mostly the same.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

True.
    I hope your right. I like the sims. Don't know if I would buy sims 5 when the time comes. With every serie the shine gets less and less. Not because I found the serie before better, but because its mostly the same.

I think most players would be satisfied with a remastered edition of the Sims 2, including an open world and create a style, as well as other improvements done from the Sims 3 and the Sims 4
    Post edited by Joseph15266 on
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    huandlu wrote: »

Hi Rflong7,

FYI I have been a member of the forums since 2009 and I don't believe I've broken any rules of behaviour, if that's what you're implying. Just because someone doesn't post a lot it doesn't mean they don't like to read the forums for Sims news or to see what other Simmers ideas are.

Thank you nonetheless for your welcome.

Actually, you have. I suggest that you take RFLong's advice and read the forum posting rules. It is actually against the rules to tell people to shut up and go away, which is exactly what you just did in your long post.

People have the right to post whatever they want, regardless of whether or not you approve of it. Don't like it? Don't read it. Simple, yes?

But this whole business of "If you don't like the Sims 4, shut up and go away!" Is for the birds. As for the development team, do I feel sorry for them? Well, actually, no. They brought this on themselves. If they hadn't taken the shortcuts that they did, and made a decent base game, the whole atmosphere of this forum would be different. Even now, this forum is nowhere near as lively as the old Sims 2 and Sims 3 forums used to be.

As for going to play the other two games....well, guess what? Many people *are* playing the other two games instead of playing The Sims 4. But they still have the right to come here and post their complaints. And you have the right to ignore their posts and find some other sections of the forum that are more to your liking.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

True.

I think most players would be satisfied with a remastered edition of the Sims 2, including open worlds and create a style, as well as other improvements done from the Sims 3 and the Sims 4

Not for me hon, if they added open world in remastered Sims 2 I wouldn't buy it open world is way too demanding for sims people really don't realize that you can't have everything. If you want open world then rabbit holes and lagging is inevitable unless Maxis make it available to a small market of people with very beefy computer's (won't happen). I'd rather have loading screens than an open world cause at least i'm gaining more than i'm losing and well we have an open neighborhood so they did make somewhat of an attempt to please everyone.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

True.

I think most players would be satisfied with a remastered edition of the Sims 2, including open worlds and create a style, as well as other improvements done from the Sims 3 and the Sims 4

Not for me hon, if they added open world in remastered Sims 2 I wouldn't buy it open world is way too demanding for sims people really don't realize that you can't have everything. If you want open world then rabbit holes and lagging is inevitable unless Maxis make it available to a small market of people with very beefy computer's (won't happen). I'd rather have loading screens than an open world cause at least i'm gaining more than i'm losing and well we have an open neighborhood so they did make somewhat of an attempt to please everyone.

Personally I wouldn't want that either, my ideal situation is an open version of the Sims 4 neighborhoods, where the rest of the actual town would be seen in the distance, or possibly the way it was done in the Sims 2. Actually, I could easily live without an open world, but I still enjoy being able to see everything even if I can't interact or I need a loading screen to access it.