The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isn't It A Bit Too Early?

Comments

  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I hope The Sims 4 last for a long time, with the addition of Game Packs, smaller Stuff Packs and considerably larger Expansion Packs that take longer to finish, it'll be nice having more and more content for this game, I actually want them to incorporate more peoples' ideas like adding some new gameplay similar to The Sims 2: Castaway :p if The Sims 5 ever happens, if it's not very different from any of the current The Sims games we have, I might let a pass on it but I hope they don't just cater to high-end PCs for the game.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,574 Member
    honestly i think its to soon to start thinking about the sims5 and if the sims5 has nothing to peek my intress or is not diffrent storys we can lead or sims in then i will be sticking to sims4 to peek my intress the sims5 would need to have diffrent story keep the option to turn off aging emotion but give me the option on how to lead my sims live like 1 raise 1 big happy family with the option if needed to make space in the household for the simmer to decide if the sims needs to be age or have a sim be a workaolic and be succesful in his or her carrer before deciding to raise a family. to name aty least 2 options
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery



    Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

    1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    In the past they started working on a new game almost before the first one gets out the door. All the games started the next production about a year into the one currently played. It's been the history for fifteen years. Don't know what will happen now that Maxis has went mobile.

    I dont really know anything about when games are created or any of that. It just seems a bit too soon and kinda odd (to me) for people to be wanting Sims 4 to end and Sims 5 to start so soon.

    Assuming that EA has the full time to develop a game and doesn't change the product and have to redo the architecture midway along with massive restructuring etc. TS5 should have all of the life stages and hopefully be geared to robust play. Or maybe it will be that awful online game EA has been hellbent on making for for the past 5+ years. Either way it will be something fresh and new and hopefully it bring the community back together.

    Realistically, games take time to develop and fans talking about TS5 most likely understand that TS4 is going to continue to bore some, frustrate a few, and for others amuse for the next 4 years while TS5 is (hopefully) being worked on.

    Also, if the game is being planned and the requirements are being determined now... well, family players are still pretty vocal so that may mean that despite TS4 being a disappointment for family play, that TS5 will be designed to incorporate this play and give players who have quit supporting this franchise and chance to throw their money back in--assuming the devs realise that some fans want toddlers and intimate family play with working and permanent family trees in their games yet :unamused:

    TS5 is hope and a niggling of faith still left in fans for EA, so if you see fans talking about TS5, that's a good thing because it means they still care about the franchise even if they dislike TS4.
  • Options
    XLostxDestinyXXLostxDestinyX Posts: 42 Member
    I agree, it's too early! I am really enjoying the sims 4
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I feel that if you think they should just cut Sims 4 altogether you need start being a little less self absorbed. Either way we'll get Sims 5 in due time but if Sims 4 gets cut then a whole lot of people will be left with just a quarter of a game. Plus it takes years to create a base game so for that time being just let Sims 4 run its course.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited November 2015
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Yes, but it's probably only 0,1% of all simmers who want TS4 to end. Dedicating threads to them is making them bigger than they actually are.

    .1% of current Sims 4 owners? I bet it's a higher percentage than that. But probably over half (hey, it's as valid as your guesstimate) of potential simmers are ready for Sims 5. That said, no one wants to see Sims 5 now, too soon to get it right. I'm ready for Sims 5 in as much as I never want to play Sims 4 ('no open world' was my deal breaker).

    They can throw random, inaccurate percentages up in the air as much as they'd like, but it remains that TS4 was the least successful Sims game to date. In addition, they had a track record of having each base game outdoing the other in sales (for instance, TS3 sales were MASSIVE compared to TS2, which outsold TS1). TS4 broke this trend completely.

    And it's so obvious, too. An image of a game sale shelf within Walmart was posted on a very large social network with a topic having nothing to do with The Sims, although the image showed The Sims 4 on the lower shelf. One of the highest voted comments was "What? They made a TS4?", followed by countless replies to that user with huge lists of TS4's faults, EA blame, and TS3/TS2 praise. I've also seen this sort of thing happen in RL too. People do not realize how massive The Sims used to be -- I'd dare to say anyone who has their feet wet in PC gaming is at least aware of The Sims brand. Although, now, it just doesn't exist, and that's EA's own fault.
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    The entire game is rotten to the core. Adding EPs isn't going to fix the underlying problems, it's like adding toppings to a pizza with bad crust and sauce.
    I'll eat that pizza as long as there's some REALLY good cheese. :lol:

    ---

    Anyway, while I think the game could be much better, I don't think they should trash it for TS5. There are people who like this game a lot and that's a huge kick in the face for them. Their opinion matters too.

  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    No one's stopping TS4 players from continuing to play TS4 (if a 5 comes out). I'd say that they could run both at the same time. Keep 4 the way it is, with a skeleton crew of interns pumping out content, and develop 5 to have CASt, open world, toddlers, etc. No one would be forcing anyone to buy TS5, and TS4 would work just fine...or at least the way it works now. There'd be a real choice.

    Wouldn't worry about it, anyway, as 5 (and it will be) is years away.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I never did understand that mindset or reasoning that was going around when TS4 was first released, where people acted as if they had to give up playing previous versions. What for? I play TS3 but I still play TS2 quite happily as well.

    And calling for the game to be cut dead in its tracks is silly, they're not going to do that, no matter how many people feel that the game will never be up to scratch and is a waste of time.
    I have no faith in them to produce another amazing sims game ever, so my care factor is at zero as to whether there is a TS5, 6, 7 or 8.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I never did understand that mindset or reasoning that was going around when TS4 was first released, where people acted as if they had to give up playing previous versions. What for? I play TS3 but I still play TS2 quite happily as well.
    Because the games are old.

    Lots of people prefer moving on and keeping up with what's current. It's similar to growing out of your favorite childhood shows. You're still fond of them, but they don't feel the same as when you were a kid and enjoyed.

    Sims 3 is my favorite of the series, but I'll completely admit it feels old to me. If I liked Sims 4, I probably wouldn't play Sims 3 as often as I do simply because Sims 4 is the new thing.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I never did understand that mindset or reasoning that was going around when TS4 was first released, where people acted as if they had to give up playing previous versions. What for? I play TS3 but I still play TS2 quite happily as well.
    Because the games are old.

    Lots of people prefer moving on and keeping up with what's current. It's similar to growing out of your favorite childhood shows. You're still fond of them, but they don't feel the same as when you were a kid and enjoyed.

    Sims 3 is my favorite of the series, but I'll completely admit it feels old to me. If I liked Sims 4, I probably wouldn't play Sims 3 as often as I do simply because Sims 4 is the new thing.

    Despite it being my favourite game, I admit TS2 could use a graphic and feature upgrade. It's still more fun than TS4 though :relaxed:
  • Options
    ShineOfSimsShineOfSims Posts: 2 New Member
    Well the Sism 4 doesn't have that many options lie The Sims 3 did. I need different hair styles and clothing. I hardly play it because all my Sism come tou ugly! Wheel as on The Sims 3 I make gorgeous sims,in my opinion
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2016
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    In the past they started working on a new game almost before the first one gets out the door. All the games started the next production about a year into the one currently played. It's been the history for fifteen years. Don't know what will happen now that Maxis has went mobile.

    There was an interview that said EA Mobile take care of games designed for Smartphones, Tablets and Notebook computers so there's a chance it will stay on PC they will just stick to making games that's are designed for Laptops :)

    They've done this since 2006 though so it's no surprise.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited January 2016
    The reason I want Sims 4 to be ended ASAP is because the game is beyond redemption. For the game to rise to the level of a true sequel to the Sims 2 and 3, the game would have to be completely rebuilt and it would be much easier just to start from scratch. There can't be open world in Sims 4, there isn't going to be terrain tools either because the engine is built for flat space. There can't be a world editor/creator and CASt is also impossible. The number of Sims is very limited leading to the culling issue. The number of lots is also extremely limited compared to past games and can't reach the past limits or even come close. I would be very surprised if either toddlers or terrain tools were added. But besides all that, and that's a big besides, the gameplay itself is goal-oriented and structured like a mobile game with repetitive tasks to unlock items so that you can do more repetitive tasks to unlock more and get achievements.

    The entire game is rotten to the core. Adding EPs isn't going to fix the underlying problems, it's like adding toppings to a pizza with bad crust and sauce. There are no amount of toppings you can add that will make the pizza good, likewise it doesn't matter how many EPs they add, it's just putting lipstick on a pig.

    The graphics are also VERY disappointing compared to recent releases and expectations of a modern AAA game. But graphics are better than Sims 3 you say. Sure, but expectations have risen A LOT in 5 years, how so? Just look at Fallout 4. One of the top complaints is that the graphics are no where near what they should be. I don't necessarily agree, but if people are complaining about the graphics on ultra of Fallout 4, then you can understand why Sims 4 is FAR behind the standard.


    Nope. Look.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/777948/comparison-shot-sims-3-vs-sims-4-distanced-lots

    200.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I never did understand that mindset or reasoning that was going around when TS4 was first released, where people acted as if they had to give up playing previous versions. What for? I play TS3 but I still play TS2 quite happily as well.

    And calling for the game to be cut dead in its tracks is silly, they're not going to do that, no matter how many people feel that the game will never be up to scratch and is a waste of time.
    I have no faith in them to produce another amazing sims game ever, so my care factor is at zero as to whether there is a TS5, 6, 7 or 8.

    Amen.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    If they do go cross-platform (like in the survey) you can probably count on TS5 being even more watered down than TS4. After all, you have to be able to play your saved game on your console, tablet, and smart phone as well as your PC.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    The reason I want Sims 4 to be ended ASAP is because the game is beyond redemption. For the game to rise to the level of a true sequel to the Sims 2 and 3, the game would have to be completely rebuilt and it would be much easier just to start from scratch. There can't be open world in Sims 4, there isn't going to be terrain tools either because the engine is built for flat space. There can't be a world editor/creator and CASt is also impossible. The number of Sims is very limited leading to the culling issue. The number of lots is also extremely limited compared to past games and can't reach the past limits or even come close. I would be very surprised if either toddlers or terrain tools were added. But besides all that, and that's a big besides, the gameplay itself is goal-oriented and structured like a mobile game with repetitive tasks to unlock items so that you can do more repetitive tasks to unlock more and get achievements.

    The entire game is rotten to the core. Adding EPs isn't going to fix the underlying problems, it's like adding toppings to a pizza with bad crust and sauce. There are no amount of toppings you can add that will make the pizza good, likewise it doesn't matter how many EPs they add, it's just putting lipstick on a pig.

    The graphics are also VERY disappointing compared to recent releases and expectations of a modern AAA game. But graphics are better than Sims 3 you say. Sure, but expectations have risen A LOT in 5 years, how so? Just look at Fallout 4. One of the top complaints is that the graphics are no where near what they should be. I don't necessarily agree, but if people are complaining about the graphics on ultra of Fallout 4, then you can understand why Sims 4 is FAR behind the standard.

    The Sims will never be comparable to other triple AAA games. Because the Simming community do not have PC's that will handle such graphics. EA tell the devs the Requirements the game has to meet based on the system specs of the userbase. Games like Borderlands etc. all do the same, and don't have graphics up to scratch.

    If EA released a game only a small percentage of their fanbase could play, they wouldn't have any success.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Jarsie9 wrote: »
    If they do go cross-platform (like in the survey) you can probably count on TS5 being even more watered down than TS4. After all, you have to be able to play your saved game on your console, tablet, and smart phone as well as your PC.

    I think there may be *some* cross platform stuff, but they didn't say "cross-save" which means the versions of the game might link up some ways, but they didn't mention cross-save which would mean each version would be the same and be able to continue a game on any platform.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Jarsie9 wrote: »
    If they do go cross-platform (like in the survey) you can probably count on TS5 being even more watered down than TS4. After all, you have to be able to play your saved game on your console, tablet, and smart phone as well as your PC.

    I think there may be *some* cross platform stuff, but they didn't say "cross-save" which means the versions of the game might link up some ways, but they didn't mention cross-save which would mean each version would be the same and be able to continue a game on any platform.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,636 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    If they do go cross-platform (like in the survey) you can probably count on TS5 being even more watered down than TS4. After all, you have to be able to play your saved game on your console, tablet, and smart phone as well as your PC.

    Do very many multi-platform games have a way to transfer saves between consoles and PCs? Most I know of don't.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited January 2016
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    OP, you seem very ignorant to the reason why many of us want The Sims 4 to end.

    A friendly reminder: Calling a persons opinion ignorant is against the rules and it will result in a warning. Yes, I got one already. ^^

    Edit: Don't worry, I didn't flag your post, though :D.

    Oh some simmers love calling people ignorants around these forums... Some sims 4 lovers that i know....
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I never did understand that mindset or reasoning that was going around when TS4 was first released, where people acted as if they had to give up playing previous versions. What for? I play TS3 but I still play TS2 quite happily as well.
    Because the games are old.

    Lots of people prefer moving on and keeping up with what's current. It's similar to growing out of your favorite childhood shows. You're still fond of them, but they don't feel the same as when you were a kid and enjoyed.

    Sims 3 is my favorite of the series, but I'll completely admit it feels old to me. If I liked Sims 4, I probably wouldn't play Sims 3 as often as I do simply because Sims 4 is the new thing.

    The Sims 3 on PC feels old to me, but when I play it on PS3 it still feels new and sharp.
    Maybe because the colorscheme of the console games is warmer compared to the PC version which can look a bit less intense.

    6234034965_a5451cdab1_o.jpg

  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2016
    @Orchid13 wrote: »
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    OP, you seem very ignorant to the reason why many of us want The Sims 4 to end.

    A friendly reminder: Calling a persons opinion ignorant is against the rules and it will result in a warning. Yes, I got one already. ^^

    Edit: Don't worry, I didn't flag your post, though :D.

    Oh some simmers love calling people ignorants around these forums... Some sims 4 lovers that i know....

    It's very much both sides. Let's not childish about it and stir stuff.
  • Options
    Landscapes101Landscapes101 Posts: 91 Member
    Well, if TS4 fails it's clearly EA'S fault, they been rushing and giving us half cooked content, I'm not going to pay an absurdity for a game that fails to provide. The Sims series is one of the best selling games out there, literally anyone can enjoy The Sims, the possibilities are endless, but let's face it, TS4 is bland and pretty much boring. I do hope EA pulls through because I would love a complete Sims 4 and I'd be willing to pay the $40 for each expansion if only they were to release good content. It's understandable that many simmers want TS5 mostly because TS4 does not meet the expected standards, you would expect that by this game in the series we would have amazing new systems, instead we're toddler-less and with superficial sims that lack personalities.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    OP, you seem very ignorant to the reason why many of us want The Sims 4 to end.

    A friendly reminder: Calling a persons opinion ignorant is against the rules and it will result in a warning. Yes, I got one already. ^^

    Edit: Don't worry, I didn't flag your post, though :D.

    Oh some simmers love calling people ignorants around these forums... Some sims 4 lovers that i know....
    I'm sorry but why does that matter? If they call you ignorant it's because they're horrible people who don't know respect it has nothing to do about what game they like. Plus you don't like Sims 4 (by what I've seen) so I doubt you get into fights often with people who hate it so it makes sense that the people you argue with will just so happen to be Sims 4 fans.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top