May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isn't It A Bit Too Early?

Lately, I have seen some simmers saying that they want Sims 4 to end and for Sims 5 to come out, now, I might be wrong so correct me if I am but isn’t it kind of soon for Sims 5?

Sims 4 has been out for 1 year so why is Sims 5 even been talked about like it will be out within a year. We probably have around 3-4 years of Sims 4 then a Sims 5. Even then, Sims 5 will only happen if Sims 4 does well. If they end Sims 4 when it’s only been out for one year, why would Sims 5 even be considered?

If Sims 4 ends after only one year, I sincerely doubt there will be a Sims 5.

Also, I think it’s kind of rude for people to say they hope for a series to end just so a new one with what they want will come out. Sure, Sims 4 might not be what you hoped for but how can some people want it to just end just because it’s not what they want?

Do the simmers who want it to end not realise that some people might actually really enjoy the Sims 4? Besides, if you are really that unhappy with the Sims 4 then don’t play it. You can always go back and play previous Sims games.

But like I said, I might be wrong. Sims 4 may end early and Sims 5 will begin, but I really doubt that.
And please keep in mind this is just my opinion.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    In the past they started working on a new game almost before the first one gets out the door. All the games started the next production about a year into the one currently played. It's been the history for fifteen years. Don't know what will happen now that Maxis has went mobile.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    I've seen the comment made.. I don't quite understand it.

If the cash cow (the sims franchise) is no longer a cash cow.. there will not be a next version. That's not a threat to make people buy it -- people should buy only what they're interested in! But it's also business.

I don't like TS4 much -- but I don't want it to end. I want it to improve with the things that would make me like the game.. and there's been some promising movement toward that. Not enough for me to purchase more content.. but enough that I might actually open the game again.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    stephAnie1864stephAnie1864 Posts: 200 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    In the past they started working on a new game almost before the first one gets out the door. All the games started the next production about a year into the one currently played. It's been the history for fifteen years. Don't know what will happen now that Maxis has went mobile.

I dont really know anything about when games are created or any of that. It just seems a bit too soon and kinda odd (to me) for people to be wanting Sims 4 to end and Sims 5 to start so soon.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    I find it rude which is why I refuse to have discussions about the subject.
  • Options
    stephAnie1864stephAnie1864 Posts: 200 Member
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »

If the cash cow (the sims franchise) is no longer a cash cow.. there will not be a next version. That's not a threat to make people buy it -- people should buy only what they're interested in! But it's also business.

I don't like TS4 much -- but I don't want it to end. I want it to improve with the things that would make me like the game.. and there's been some promising movement toward that. Not enough for me to purchase more content.. but enough that I might actually open the game again.

I've seen a few comments made about wanting Sims 5, I don't really understand it either. And like you said, there won't be a next version if the current one doesn't sell well.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    edited November 2015
    A new base game takes years in development, and for the first few of those years it's highly unlikely we'll know it's happening. It would also happen in parallel to development of new add-ons for this version. Sims 5 could be in the early stages of conceptualization right now, but it's not like they're going to tell us - all the telling-us for a good while will, as it did with The Sims and Sims 2 and Sims 3, focus on the stuff they actually have to show us and sell us. I don't figure there's much point in calling for something over and over if they can't answer either way. Sims 4 is going to get its due regardless of how much energy Simmers who don't care for it put into asking for Sims 5 to be started, and the business decision on Sims 5 isn't going to depend on a handful of unhappy players asking for it repeatedly. Seems to me like that time and energy could be better put into constructive posts about what they'd like Sims 5 to look like; at least that's something a team working on conceptualizing Sims 5 can use, even if they can't say so.

(edited 'cause I missed a word - story of my day!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,814 Member
    I, also, think it's too soon to speak of the next iteration. Now, they may very well be working on it, but generally speaking from what I have observed it's much closer to the end of the series before there's much talk about the next iteration. I think there's a group of individuals who are so unhappy with Sims4, that they want to skip over it and go right to the next iteration. Sadly, if Sims4 doesn't do well, it's hard to imagine EA would continue to pour money into another iteration. They may still have the scars from the Sim City debacle.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,492 Member

You clearly have no idea WHY The Sims 4 isn't successful. It's because it lacks A LOT of features and content that Sims 3 had. Stop suggesting that it's The Sims itself that is no longer a "cash cow". It's not. It's only Sims 4. Stop making the assumption that it's the entire franchise as a whole.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Serious talk about TS5 is a little premature, if it's constructive it's fine (developers could use all the feedback they can get from 4). However saying "scrap 4 and give us 5" is a little extreme. New base games take years of development time, and TS5 wouldn't be ready for at least another 4-5 years. Has development started? Absolutely, but at this point in time there is no physical game in the works. It's probably jn the planning stage and will be for some time before actual work begins.

In all reality TS4 could turn around, but they need to deliver some big stuff to improve the game. If they scrapped TS4, there would be no Sims 5.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member

You clearly have no idea WHY The Sims 4 isn't successful. It's because it lacks A LOT of features and content that Sims 3 had. Stop suggesting that it's The Sims itself that is no longer a "cash cow". It's not. It's only Sims 4. Stop making the assumption that it's the entire franchise as a whole.
    Did you ever consider that the reason some of us like it is because it's missing said features? Talk about making assumptions.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited November 2015
    You clearly have no idea WHY The Sims 4 isn't successful.

Wait, what? How do you know it's not successful?!

This is the only "indication" I've found on this topic:

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/weekly-charts/news/a595181/the-sims-4-becomes-first-pc-game-to-top-all-format-chart-in-two-years/#~oXG2Q4f5UEfktw

It looks pretty good if you ask me. Yes, since TS4 is a fantastic game after all. ^^
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    edited November 2015

I dont really know anything about when games are created or any of that. It just seems a bit too soon and kinda odd (to me) for people to be wanting Sims 4 to end and Sims 5 to start so soon.

I don't think so. Because I waited five years + waiting on a new game that wouldn't be a moodlet/buff system. I'm still waiting. lol I prefer they use system of TS1 and TS2. So, when I played TS3 for several months until they announced WA (not the direction I wanted them to go) I couldn't wait for TS3 to be over. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »

Did you ever consider that the reason some of us like it is because it's missing said features? Talk about making assumptions.
    If that's the case, why do people who do like the game make suggestions about it? There's a thread over in Feedback someone made about how they can't stand what Sims 4 has become and some players who enjoy the game agreed! That seems contradictory to me.

If you like the game because of the missing/excluded features, why would you agree with someone who thinks the very opposite?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    OP, you seem very ignorant to the reason why many of us want The Sims 4 to end.

A friendly reminder: Calling a persons opinion ignorant is against the rules and it will result in a warning. Yes, I got one already. ^^

Edit: Don't worry, I didn't flag your post, though :D.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    edited November 2015
    Amiutza wrote: »

If that's the case, why do people who do like the game make suggestions about it? There's a thread over in Feedback someone made about how they can't stand what Sims 4 has become and some players who enjoy the game agreed! That seems contradictory to me.

If you like the game because of the missing/excluded features, why would you agree with someone who thinks the very opposite?
    I can't talk for everyone, therefore why I said some of us. I have a whole list of things that I'm extremely glad are not done like in Sims 3. I did not read that thread because I'm always told that I have no right to go in "obviously negative threads" and that I should refrain myself from clicking them, therefore I have no comment regarding that.

My biggest issue with what I quoted is that we're told not to make assumptions by someone who does the same exact thing.

Eta: I support people who ask for any feature because that will make them happy. As long as the game doesn't transform into something else, I will always give my support to anyone, even if it's something I don't particularly care for - best example here would be toddlers.

hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    edited November 2015

You should read previous posts I have made regarding this version of the game before you try to jump down my throat. :) I'm very much against the missing features this game has.

The Sims as a franchise is a cash cow -- you can try to deny it if you want, but it's true. It's a game that people blindly put money in to and a lot came out disappointed. It's also a game where people have literally spoken on this board 'they can put out whatever content they want and I'll buy it.'

It's a cash cow.

If it stops being a cash cow, aka stops selling as good, the development team isn't going to look in to the reasons as to why. They will simply move on to their next project. Why? Because EA is above all, a business to make money.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    HalloMolli wrote: »

A friendly reminder: Calling a persons opinion ignorant is against the rules and it will result in a warning. Yes, I got one already. ^^

Double standards? flag those who don't like TS4 but don't flag those who do? You know Gurus were wondering about this sort of behavior here not long ago. ETA: or vice versa? How about we flag all rule breaking or none.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Yes, but it's probably only 0,1% of all simmers who want TS4 to end. Dedicating threads to them is making them bigger than they actually are.

That.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,000 Member

I don't think so. Because I waited five years + waiting on a new game that wouldn't be a moodlet/buff system. I'm still waiting. lol I prefer they use system of TS1 and TS2. So, when I played TS3 for several months until they announced WA (not the direction I wanted them to go) I couldn't wait for TS3 to be over. lol
    What does WA stand for? I figure it's an expansion or town for the sims 3. I have heard WA mentioned several times in different posts.
  • Options

Double standards? flag those who don't like TS4 but don't flag those who do? You know Gurus were wondering about this sort of behavior here not long ago.

LoL what? I have never used this flag feature in this forum. Just wanted to make clear that somebody flaged me after I elaborated why I think a persons opinion was "ignorant". -->
    I think you are very ignorant when it comes to this EP.

What's your problem?

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

What does WA stand for? I figure it's an expansion or town for the sims 3. I have heard WA mentioned several times in different posts.
    World Adventures. It was a vacation expansion pack for The Sims 3.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif