Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Needs in The Sims 1.

2...Next

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Annikaperi

I love what you are doing in 1 :) I never played before but purchased the complete series when I had the chance but after not liking the look of the graphics on windows 7 I decided not to even bother trying to get it playing on 10 after my last PC upgrade then I discovered I still had an old laptop tucked away and stuck the collection on that a few days ago and was delighted to be able to start playing however I think I have a lot of catching up to do from your description of your game play :) Have you got any pics you could post I would love to look at them :)
  • HoverDrumsHoverDrums Posts: 13 New Member
    Looking back it really was a bunch of chores & very little time left to do leisure activities. TF for mods.
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    [img]i1.piimg.com/567571/40151f83a023eef8.gif[/img]
  • simgumdropsimgumdrop Posts: 77 Member
    > @HoverDrums said:
    > Looking back it really was a bunch of chores & very little time left to do leisure activities. TF for mods.

I agree. I remember when one of my guys finally reached level 10 information overlord with no cheats and I nearly collapsed across my keyboard. This happened with all of my no cheat level 10s. It was so much work and no play. I think I would have quit playing Sims altogether if it weren't for finally just giving in to cheats and then, mods. The repetition of bladder and hygiene was driving me insane. I mean, how long can you go on doing the same mundane tasks over and over again without wanting to gnaw your way through ground glass?
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    HoverDrums wrote: »
    Looking back it really was a bunch of chores & very little time left to do leisure activities. TF for mods.

I know right. Good thing there was no ageing.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like needs dropped faster Downtown or on Vacation.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like needs dropped faster Downtown or on Vacation.

They did and I always feared my Sim would die in the limo waiting to leave ShowTown, because those silly Sims were blocking the street. And yes, they could die while waiting in a car to get out of there. TS1 is one of the hardest games I ever played, and I never knew about cheats at all until around the time Double Deluxe was released and that was when the game was ending.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    But Sims could skip work every other day and not loose their jobs... iirc. So, they didn't have to work Everyday- they took days off to have fun, learn, go on vacation, go to Magic Town, go to the spas... So much! :)
  • deskitadeskita Posts: 24 Member
    I find that one of the most useful items in the game are the blow-up two-seat sofas from House Party as they increase both fun and comfort when sat on and a sim can learn skills when sitting on them. Even better is that a sim can nap on them to increase energy, comfort and fun. It's quite helpful for saving time so that the sim can do other things.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

They did and I always feared my Sim would die in the limo waiting to leave ShowTown, because those silly Sims were blocking the street. And yes, they could die while waiting in a car to get out of there. TS1 is one of the hardest games I ever played, and I never knew about cheats at all until around the time Double Deluxe was released and that was when the game was ending.
    The fast-dropping needs + the long wait for food sadly made dining out seem like a waste of time.
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    Well yeah, it’s probably because that game is really old. They had no sense then, so obviously it’s not going to be like it now. Ea has sort of improved.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!