Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens and Opportunities

Are non-job related opportunities enabled for teens?

I was playing a teen in Oasis Landing. He was the first sim to visit the future in this particular game. He didn't get the usual string of opportunities from Relevart when you arrive to introduce your sim to the future, and there was no "Assist in Research" option with Relevart.

That got me wondering about your normal skill related opportunities. Are they enabled for teens? I can't say I have ever noticed a teen to get one despite mastering skills that I know have them.

I know children can the the scavenger opportunities, and the opportunity to make an IF real is there for teens. Plus there are sometimes school related opportunities. I'm just curious how limited teens are with other opportunities.

Comments

• Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    As far as I know, Teen opportunities are somewhat limited. They don't get a lot of skill- or celebrity-related ones. Mostly just the ones through school (after school activities, find a job, or scavenger hunt). I think the Master of Alchemy opportunity comes up for teens, and they can free a genie (I had both of these happen).
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited November 2015
    Teens have no opportunity limits in WA worlds and can travel to them alone. This made no sense to me because at home they have a curfew yet they can travel abroad where there is none and can do anything except romantic interactions that an adult can do. I have always thought the game was a bit inconsistent in that regard. But it sounds right that most opportunities are for adults. I think that they might get the band opportunities in Late Night but you might want to check that out for yourself because some of those gigs could potentially run into curfew.

/edit: Now you have given me an idea for a game. Start a teen band. Why have I never tried that? Oh. Yeah. Gigs didn't work right because the gig opportunities shared the skill slot with all other skill opportunities. I never used MasterController back when I was playing bands in Late Night. All of a sudden I am thinking of visiting Bridgeport again.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    @Sincerbox , I haven't tried a band in a long time. The next time I do though, I was planning on using the Audition for Band Gig mod. I never thought of a trying a teen band though. That's an interesting idea. I'd probably use the NRaas home school mod in that case too, as well as a mod to disable the curfew, both of which I use already.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    @Sincerbox , I haven't tried a band in a long time. The next time I do though, I was planning on using the Audition for Band Gig mod. I never thought of a trying a teen band though. That's an interesting idea. I'd probably use the NRaas home school mod in that case too, as well as a mod to disable the curfew, both of which I use already.

Thanks for the tips. I will certainly look into all those.
    Origin ID: Barbara917