Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Currently the main information from the Stories and Legacies Index and the Stories and Legacies Archive have been ported to the new site. This includes the guidelines and submission form, the index listing, the community links, completed stories list, and the archive listing.

So why haven't I released the link yet?

Due to popular demand, I'm working on making the index subject searchable! This, however, requires the use of Wordpress's tagging system, which means I need to input each entry from the index into an individual post. With 355 entries... that's a lot of posts to make and tag! But I have tested the system, and it works quite marvelously... I've set up a "master list" of tags used, and clicking on one -- say, "Sims 4" or "100 Baby Challenge" and you get a list back of all stories in the index that match. Pretty neat, right? So while this is going to take a while to set up, I feel that over all, this is something that users are going to want and it's going to be worth it in the long run. So far, I have up through the C's transferred over into tag-searchable format.

I've put Cat Chronicles on a temporary hiatus so I can dedicate as much time as possible into this project, and have reached out to a few trusted and awesome Simmers who may be helping with the tagging as well. If the work gets split up between us, the project will get done even quicker this new Stories and Legacies Index can get rolled out to you guys even quicker. I think you guys are going to like it!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    That sounds like a marvelous idea and quite an undertaking @mastressalita! Is there anything that we should be doing on our end tag-wise or other-wise to help make the transition a little easier and hopefully smoother?
    @ADWilson : At this moment I'm just inputting the most rudimentary of information: an author tag, game tag, frequency tag, challenge tag, etc. Things based on the information that was already provided when the story was originally submitted (and the index before was not built on a tagging system, as that just wasn't possible on the forums). This will get all the entries into the system, with basic searchable information in place.

After the transition. those stories already in the index can fill out an amendment form to have tags added to their story (just like they can use an amendment to add/change any other piece of information about their entry). Authors will be highly encouraged to look at the master tag list on the site and choose from those before making up new ones, to make the system most useful.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @ADWilson : At this moment I'm just inputting the most rudimentary of information: an author tag, game tag, frequency tag, challenge tag, etc. Things based on the information that was already provided when the story was originally submitted (and the index before was not built on a tagging system, as that just wasn't possible on the forums). This will get all the entries into the system, with basic searchable information in place.

After the transition. those stories already in the index can fill out an amendment form to have tags added to their story (just like they can use an amendment to add/change any other piece of information about their entry). Authors will be highly encouraged to look at the master tag list on the site and choose from those before making up new ones, to make the system most useful.

whats a tag?
    edited May 2017
    @friendsfan367 : A tag is the website equivalent of what us librarians call a "subject heading" -- a small piece of information attached to an item that helps define information about it. Tags (or subject headings) are used to get lots of resources all about one subject. For example, clicking on a tag labeled "challenge: Asylum Challenge" would return all stories that are Asylum Challenges, while hiding all stories that are NOT Asylum Challenges.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @friendsfan367 : A tag is the website equivalent of what us librarians call a "subject heading" -- a small piece of information attached to an item that helps define information about it. Tags (or subject headings) are used to get lots of resources all about one subject. For example, clicking on a tag labeled "challenge: Asylum Challenge" would return all stories that are Asylum Challenges, while hiding all stories that are NOT Asylum Challenges.

thank you. i never use those so i had no idea what they were.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Sounds good to me @mastressalita
    Having not used tags before, it will be nice to see this system in action. :)
    The new Stories and Legacies Index is now open. You will always be able to find the link on the first post of this thread. It is now located here:

Stories and Legacies Index

Be sure to check the Info page if you are interested in making link-back banners or badges, or if you are interested in making a cover art banner for the index!

Huge thanks to @CathyTea and @MedleyMisty who helped tag entries so the index is now subject-searchable; there were 600 entries to input, and their help was invaluable!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    The Official Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed

Please visit the Stories and Legacies Index to check out these stories and more!

New Stories:

@Bugsie2016 has started a new story, Dakota Jarvis for Sims 4! You can find it in the story listing under "Bugsie2016 Stories"!

@lanlyn has started a new story, Cotes d'Ambonnay for Sims 3! You can find it in the story listing under "Simlish Fair"!

@Rainydayz179 has started a new story, The Room, a Room Challenge for Sims 4! You can find it in the story listing under "Rainy Dayz Gamez"!

Returning Stories:

@Cyazurai 's In the Shade: A Rainbow Random Legacy Challenge for Sims 3 has returned! You can check it out from the index story listing!

@IchigoUsagi 's Where Light Doesn't Reach, a Vampire Legacy for Sims 4, has returned! You can check it out from the index story listing under "Recovering Stories"!

@Julyvee94 's The Unusual History of Tribe Arayeo, an Amazon Challenge for Sims 4 has returned! You can check it out from the index story listing under "Julyvee's Sims Stories"!

@PalmArrow 's A Faily Magician's Quest for Success for Sims 3 has returned! You can check it out from the index story listing!

@xoxJennxox 's Vinson 2.0, a Boolprop EPIC Challenge for Sims 3, and Tart's All Around Us, a spin-off story site of the Tart ISBI has returned! You can check them out from the index story listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Potira Tribe, an Amazon Challenge for Sims 4 by @anaitapeva that updated today! You can find it in the index story listing under "Sig's Simblr"!

Milestones:

Congrats @exokamikaze for completing Generation One of Build Newcrest for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index story listing under "ninjapigsims"!

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the Liebster Award!

The following Stories and Legacies Index-registered authors have received nominations for this award:

You can find all these works listed in either the index story listing or archive listing, so please go give them a look!

Other News and Reminders:

I will be on vacation Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 - Monday, May 29th, 2017 and will be unable to update the index during this period. Any new submission forms or other upkeep during this period will be processed after I return. Thanks for understanding!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg

Please visit the Stories and Legacies Index to check out these stories and more!

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors:
    • CraftyLoveWrite , author of The Next Ten Minutes: The Greene-Neilson Family Legacy for Sims 3 at "CraftyLoveWrite's Simblr"!
    • GayBachelor , author of The Boedell Legacy, a legacy story for Sims 4 currently on Generation Five!
    • @karababy52 , author of Hold Me Close, a completed short story for Sims 4!
    • itsoceansecret , author of Caprice: Erin's Story, House on the Lake, My Pen Buddy, Paper Macaroons: Angelo and Rumiya's Life in Mayumachi, and Sanae and Alexei's Life in Treehill for Sims 3 at "In Noctum"!
    • Lila Remonn, author of The Kingston Legacy, a legacy story for Sims 3 currently on Generation Three!
    • Luna Lisa, author of The Young Ones for Sims 4 at "Pixelluna-lisa"! The intro is completed and Season 1 is starting soon!
    • Michelle , author of Unbridled for Sims 3!
    • Nicole , author of Twisted Hearts and About a Boy for Sims 4 at "pixeltrashcan"!
    • ohthesefaces , author of The Zambrano ISBI, an I'm Surrounded by Idi*ts Challenge for Sims 4 at "ohthesefaces"!
    • @superkyle221 , author of The Keen Legacy for Sims 4!
    • simmreaper , author of The Reapers for Sims 3 at "Simmreaper's Blog"!
    • Treason-and-Plot , author of Five Years Later and its prequel Five Years Earlier for Sims 3 at "Treason and Plot's Sims"!
    • Violincat , author of Our Different Paths, a Differences in the Family Tree legacy for Sims 3 currently on Generation Three!

New Stories:

@femalegamerxo has started a new Let's Play series, a 100 Baby Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index story listing under "Krystal Tyler's YouTube Channel"!

@Mallymaks has started a new Let's Play series, Isle of the Midnight Sun Challenge for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index story listing under "MaksPlayground"!

@SilentWolf101 has started a new story, Heartbeats, an I'm a Lover Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index archive listing!

@SmallSeven01 has started a new story, The Dove Legacy: A Picturacy, a legacy story for Sims 4 told only through images! You can check it out in the index story listing under "SarahLouPlays"!

Completed Stories:

@TheoriesOfHappiness 's colloborative work with his wife, In Remission, is complete! You can check it out from the index story listing under "Cornucopia of Simlit"!

Returning Stories:

@TheoriesOfHappiness 's Burn After Writing and has returned! You can check it out from the index story listing under "Cornucopia of Simlit"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The Galvez for Sims 4 by @Wralai, which updated yesterday! You can find it in the index story listing!

Check out Windblades Vol. 1: Illuminate, a Movin' On Up Challenge for Sims 4 by @chocis, which updated today! You can find it in the index story listing under "Windblades"!

Milestones:

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the Liebster Award!

The following Stories and Legacies Index-registered authors have received nominations for this award:

You can find all these works listed in the index story listing, so please go give them a look!

I will be on vacation Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 - Monday, May 29th, 2017 and will be unable to update the index during this period. Any new submission forms or other upkeep during this period will be processed after I return. Please note that the overwhelming response to the new index means I still have more submission forms I was not able to process before I left for vacation; I will process these after I return, so if you did not see your site added in this batch, please be patient! Thanks for understanding!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    @mastressalita Love the new index site and format!
  • TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    thanks for the welcome back @mastressalita! loving the new format!
  • AngeliqeueAngeliqeue Posts: 87 Member
    Hey! i would like to submit a banner (or a lot of them) but sadly i just joined, can i still participate?
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @mastressalita Oh! I'm so happy to be nominated! :D
    NymlADp.jpg

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors:
    • LilyShadowWriter , author of Different Winters, a Differences in the Family Tree Challenge for Sims 3!
    • lovelychooser , author of Blue Moon and the completed The Keyhole Estate for Sims 4 and The Hunt for Sims 3 at "House of Mystery"!
    • mckatsims , author of Silent Lucidity for Sims 3 at "Stories and Other Sundries"!
    • olivespecter , author of The Aldmist Build-A-City Challenge for Sims 2 at "Aldmist: A BACC"!
    • PeniG , author of The Conquering Nose (and Other Stories?) a completed Genderswapped Uberhood Challenge for Sims 2, and Heartocalypse, its completed spin-off story!
    • San Myshuno Dreamin , author of The Sims of San Myshuno for Sims 2!
    • Zephyr , author of Starless Sky for Sims 4 at "Zephyr Galaxy"!

Please check them out in the index story listing!

New Stories:

@IchigoUsagi is starting a new story, Raising Seven Foster Kids, a Seven Toddler Challenge for Sims 4 that will be extended through young adulthood! It will be coming soon to "Recovering Stories" in the index story listing!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations @M13Vulpecula for completing Jetset Season 2, an interactive reality game show story for Sims 3! Check it out from the index story listing!

Returning Stories:

The following stories have recently returned!
    • @EnkiSchmidt 's Released, But Also Free? for Sims 4!
    • @Lynnwood 's The Gieke Legacy for Sims 4!
    • @Snowie 's History Challenge Let's Play series for Sims 4 at "Snowie's YouTube Channel"!
    • @sweetnightingale 's Forever in Time for Sims 3!

Please check them out from the index story listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out the following stories from the index story listing, which have updated recently!
    • @Cade83 's Mai Legacy and Dreams of Fame for Sims 4 at "The Sims of Stories: A Collection of Sim Tales"!
    • @chillyzgrrl 's Catchick Legacy (A "Box of Chocolates" Legacy) for Sims 4 at "The Simming Life"!
    • @illusie 's Drifter Challenge: The Keller Family, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4 currently in House Eight at "Illusie's Creative Corner"!
    • @Meggles ' Build Newcrest , a Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge for Sims 4 at "MeggSims"!
    • @mirta000 's Sims 2 Prettacy Let's Play series for Sims 2 at "mirta000's YouTube Channel"!
    • @princess2109 's Pegasus Feathers for Sims 4!

Polls:

@Lynnwood 's The Gieke Legacy is holding an heir poll for Generation Six! If you would like to participate, check it out here!

Jenn is holding an Expansion Pack poll for the next generation in A Small ISBI for Sims 3! If you would like to participate, check it out here!

Milestones:

Congratulations @Thymeless , author of The Centauri Legacy, on their one year blogaversary! You can check out this milestone here!

You can find all these works listed in the index story listing, so please go give them a look!

I am still working through my backlog of new entry submissions from the week I was away on vacation. If you have recently submitted a site to be added to the index, please have patience while I work through getting these processed. Thanks for understanding!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg

New Sign-ups:

• @Angeliqeue , author of The Faust Coven, a Coven Challenge for Sims 4!
    • dunne-ias , author of Thirty for Sims 2 at "Dunne&Ias' Sims 2 Stuff"!
    • Flamingfox112 , author of the Bellerose Legacy for Sims 4 at "SimsKitteh"!
    • gothicgorilla , author of Severed from Sixam for Sims 4 at "GothicGorilla's Sim Related Writings"!
    • neriana , author of Sims 2 Widespot for Sims 2 at "Neriana's Sims Stuff"!
    • Rosie , author of Only One Wish and Soulmate for Sims 4 at "Rosie Sims"!
    • @Selarono , author of Alone for Sims 4 at "Pretty Pixie Pixel People"!

New Stories:

@ginnymalfoy22 has started a new Let's Play series, Life of Covfefe for Sims 4! Check it out from the index story listing under "Anneliese MB's YouTube Channel"!

@lilypadmeulin is starting a new story, The Harman Family for Sims 4! Check it out from the index story listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Disney Legacy: The Blancs for Sims 4 by @swcheppes which updated today and is currently in its Fifth Generation! You can find it in the index story listing under "Sim-ply Awesome Stories"!

Features:

@RosemaryMariee has an interview with Cynanyx, author of Finding Nora Grace and Spectrum at "Delirium and Daisies"! You can check it out here!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • AngeliqeueAngeliqeue Posts: 87 Member
    Hmm, i thought it would take longer, not that i'm complaning. So excited to finally start, thank you!
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Hey, thanks for the shoutout! My History Challenge playlist is here, for anyone who's interested. :)
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors!
    • Alien Stars , author of The Golden Years, a legacy for Sims 3!
    • @amirahqueen (amyqueen), author of Broken, Harmonious, and Standing On My Own for Sims 3 at "AQ Stories"!

New Stories:

The following authors have started new stories!
    • ohthesefaces has started an Asylum Challenge for Sims 4 at the Simblr "ohthesefaces"!
    • @PrincessSimcess has started Beauty and the Beast for Sims 4 at "Princess Simcess"!

You can find these new works in the index story listing!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations to the following authors for completing a story!
    • @MischiefTheKitten for completing Whispers in the Wind, a Rainbowacy for Sims 3!
    • @PrincessSimcess for completing The Royal Bachelor, a Bachelor Challenge for Sims 4 at "Princess Simcess"!

Please make sure to drop by the index story listing and check out these recently completed works!

Returning Stories:

@pronterus ' supernatural Sims 4 story, Undead with Benefits, has returned! You can find it in the index story listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out these stories that have updated recently!
    • @Cement ' White Lies and Half Truths for Sims 4 at "Just Another Willow Creek"!
    • @lisasc360 's Lisa Dawnlight Adventures in Riverview for Sims 3!

You can find them from the index story listing!

Want Ads:

@mastressalita is hosting another year of Sims Pride! If you would like more information on the event or information on how to make a submission, please check out this informative post! Photo submissions of LGBTQQIAAPP Sims will be accepted through June 23rd!

@M13Vulpecula is taking reservations for contestants for the third season of Sims 3 interactive reality game show Jetset! If you would like more information and are interested in participating, please check out this forum thread. The third season is slated to begin in July!

Voting for the May Monthly Simlits Short Story Challenge submissions for the theme "I'm Sorry" is open! You can check out all the lovely story submissions here and place your votes here through June 7th, midnight Central Time. If you are interested in participating, check out the June theme; entries from all Sims games are welcome!

Milestones:

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the One Lovely Blog Award!

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the Versatile Blogger Award!

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the Unique Blogger Award!

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the Leibster Award!

You can find all these works listed in the index or archive story listing, so please go give them a look!

Thank you @CathyTea from Cathy Tea's Simlit Anthology for supplying the banner art at the Stories and Legacies Index for the month of May!

Thanks so much to @Julyvee94 from Julyvee's Sims Stories for supplying the banner art for the month of June! Please stop by the Stories and Legacies Index and check it out!

Thanks so much to @Sonschi , @jillbg , @Angeliqeue , and @M13Vulpecula for sending in banner art submissions for the monthly banner rotations. Remember, if anyone would like to submit banner art from any Sims game, you are more than welcome! Check out Banner Art section for information on creating and submitting a banner!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    Thank you for mentioning my rainbowcy, lady! It's odd that it's over after all these years, but it feels like a relief right now more than anything :P

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Thanks for the mention!
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Aah, thank you for mentioning the sign-ups! :smiley::star:

And I'm so curious to see the other banners too! Guess I'll have to recheck the index regularly. ;)
    Banner.png
  • amy_queenamy_queen Posts: 65 Member
    @mastressalita thanks for the welcome! :) I hope to get better at posting o:)

New Stories:

The following authors have started new stories!
    • @VIRTUALEE has started a new Let's Play series, Wonder Parents, a Wonder Child Challenge for Sims 4 at "VirtuaLee's YouTube Channel"!
    • @xoxJennxox has started an Island Challenge for Sims 4 at "The Bassett Legacy"!

You can find these new works in the index story listing!

Returning Stories:

The following stories have returned!
    • @Sarahkay 's Only Time Will Tell, a History Challenge for Sims 4!
    • @Thrippa 's Gilt Sparrows, a Fifty Foal Challenge for Sims 3!

You can check them out from the index story listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out these stories that have updated recently!

You can find them from the index story listing!

Want Ads / Polls:

@Arrowleaf is holding a casting call for a Sims 4 reboot of Rainbowacy story Chasing Rainbows! If you are interested in more information or participating in submitting a Sim, check out this thread! The deadline for applications is June 10th!

@bmit04 is holding a baby name poll for her Midnight Sun Challenge story! If you'd like to participate, check it out here!

@cecerose0208 , author of the Dreams and Drama Neighborhood Rotation is looking for help in choosing her next Sims for the Pen Pal Project! If you'd like to help out, you can check out the poll here! For more information about the Pen Pal Project, please check out this forum thread!

@Ninjakitz is holding an heir poll for Generation Three of Life's Lemons, a legacy challenge for Sims 3! If you'd like to participate, check it out here!

Milestones:

Congratulations to @serindeppity on a six year blogaversary of The Danevbie Legacy! You can check out this outstanding news here!

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the Unique Blogger Award!

You can find all these works listed in the index or archive story listing, so please go give them a look!

A few things that can help your resident librarian out:
    • I monitor stories using subscription feeds such as Wordpress Reader, Blogger Reading List, YouTube subscriptions, EA forum bookmarks for forum-hosted stories, and Tumblr Dashboard. Note that if you post on Wordpress or Blogger as new pages rather than new posts your new chapters by-pass these subscription feeds and I will not get notifications about them. It is recommended to always use posts for story chapters so those that are following your site will get your new chapters delivered through their reader. At the very least, if you post using pages, make a "new post" when you put up a new chapter saying "new chapter is up!" so some sort of notification comes through the reader for your site followers (like me!)
    • With the influx of new Tumblr sites, updating via my Tumblr Dashboard is getting really time-consuming. If you use Tumblr to host a story, please consider tagging your asks, such as with a #reply or #ask so that I can filter these out and just get your awesome story content. This would help a lot!
    • If you change the name of your Tumblr or port your story to a new Wordpress, etc., please drop by and fill out an Amendment informing me of the change of URL to your site. Remember, when you sign your submission form, you agree to take responsibility to let me know if you change the address of your site, and something as simple as changing your Tumblr name means I have many links in the index I need to make sure get updated so people can still find your site! A heads up is nice in case I don't catch it, because if I run a link-checker on the site and it reports back as a broken link, I will simply remove the entry from the listing.

Thanks!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg