Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    Thanks for the shoutout, @mastressalita ! :)
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Thanks for the shoutout :)
  • MeadowThayerrMeadowThayerr Posts: 239 Member
    I just got your PM! :)

Username: MeadowThayerr (2 rs)
    Website/Blog/Channel name: MeadowThayer's DreamWidth
    Current site URL: http://meadowthayer.dreamwidth.org/ (ONE R)
    Sims games featured: I mainly write Sims 2 and Sims 4 stories.
    Update schedule: Irregular, but I have some stories that are completed.

Additional information: I use tags to sort my stories, it's pretty easy to navigate! I keep my tags updated with whether they are completed, on hiatus, lost, or quit. I also use tags to tag which game they are from.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes!
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes!
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.
    Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
    It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.
    My Sims Website | The Kennedy Legacy ✓ | The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game
  • ChisSimmie_St_CloudChisSimmie_St_Cloud Posts: 3 New Member
    Username:ChrisSimmie St. Cloud

Website/Blog/Channel name:Miracles and Mishaps

Current site URL: https://miiraclesandmishaps.blogspot.com/2017/05/chapter-1_3.html?showComment=1493797275264#c3167956437892738927

Sims games featured:Sims 4

Update schedule: Daily

Disclaimer: Some of the scenes aren't for sensitive eyes. This does have a PG-13 Rating, parental advisory warning

Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes

Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes

Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @ChisSimmie_St_Cloud your link isn't working, just letting you know! I'm going to look the blog up manually though
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Username: Mirta000

Website/Blog/Channel name: it's a youtube channel under the same name as my user name

Current site URL: Mirta000's channel!

Sims games featured: The Sims 2 mainly and some spin offs (The Sims 2 on PsP, The Urbz, The Sims Medieval, etc)

Update schedule: I upload my Prettacy let's play weekly on weekends.

Story news/discussion thread on this forum: My The Sims 2 Prettacy let's play

Disclaimer: swearing is present.

Additional information: current The Sims 2 Prettacy let's play is semi interactive, so everyone is welcome to participate in the story by suggesting me things. Previous let's plays: The Urbz: The Sims in the city (nearly finished, so I'll put it here prematurely), The Sims 2 Castaway, The Sims Medieval, The Sims 2 on PsP, The Sims 4 (ended early), The Sims 2 Scholarship Challenge, The Sims 2 Asylum Challenge, the Sims 2 Seven Deadly Sins Challenge (ended early).

Warning, these are very old let's plays so the quality is worse: The Sims 3 legacy challenge let's play (ended early AND OH MY GOD MY OLD ACCENT >_> ) and The Sims 2 legacy let's play.

to the rest of the questions I definitely understand and if I make any other sims let's plays in the future, I'll add them here under a new form myself. Also the copy paste:

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.

• mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited May 2017
    Thank you @MeadowThayerr , your site has been added to the index!

@ChrisSimmie_St_Cloud , I went to your site but could not find any story content on it (it just said "no posts found" on the front page). Let me know when there is story content on your site and I'll be happy to add it to the Stories and Legacies Index.
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    Thank you @mirta000 , your site has been added to the index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    edited May 2017
    Daily Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @MeadowThayerr and @mirta000 ! @MeadowThayerr is the author of The Story of Regina Beckett, a Queen Bee Challenge for Sims 2, and The Hayden Legacy and The Montgomery Legacy for Sims 4, as well as has many completed works at "MeadowThayer's DreamWidth"! @mirta000 has several Let's Play series for Sims 2 and Sims spin-off games, including The Urbz: The Sims in the City, Sims 2 Prettacy, Sims Medieval, and several completed Let's Play series at "Mirta000's YouTube Channel"! Make sure to check them out!

New Stories:

@bookloverblue and @cynicalbadger have started a new story, The Munchkin Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Blue's Sim Stories"!

@RubeySim has started a new story, The Drifter, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "RubeySims Stories"!

Completed Stories:

Congrats @Sonschi for completing The Bachelorette Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Sonschi and the Sims"!

Returning Stories:

@Piazzagirl1015 's Perfect Genie-alogy, a Perfect Genetics Challenge for Sims 3, has returned from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing under "Piazzagirl's Sims and Challenges"!

@ValoisFulcanelli 's The Madness of Mr. Goth has returned with a new chapter! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out And They Lived for Sims 4 by @Sarahkay that updated yesterday! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out The Powerpuff Girls Let's Play for Sims 4 by @FanPhoria that updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Fanphoria Mercury"!

Milestones:

Congrats @illusie for completing House Seven of The Keller Family: A Drifter Challenge, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Illusie's Creative Corner"!

Congrats @lilypadmeulin for completing Generation Two of The Waveborn Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing!

Congrats @Linzz for completing Generation One of The Sweets Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing!

Congrats @Simslover163 for completing Season Two of Madness in San Myshuno for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing!
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Thank you for the shoutout, @mastressalita!! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you for the shoutout @mastressalita ! Today was a fun one! Oh, and I checked out And They Lived by @Sarahkay and it looks really cool!
    I am continuing to receive complaints about mistakes I am making in my nightly newsfeed, which have increased in frequency over the last month, both here and on the Stories and Legacies Index Gateway thread which is in the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies forum (where I crosspost the newsfeed posts).

Information from the Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed is compiled nightly from subscription feeds by those authors that have registered their works with the index, and is based only on post titles only that come through those feeds. Authors that have specific information they want added to their site listing in the index need to come to the Stories and Legacies Index (this thread!) and fill out an amendment form; it is impossible for me to personally inspect each and every post in my subscription feeds to know every bit of information an author may/may not want listed. This is why the original submission form states it is the author's responsibility to drop by and amend their information when they want to change anything about their listing.

Because of the increase in complaints from index-listed authors over "mistakes" in the newsfeed when I'm just trying to give authors and their stories exposure and update their entries in the index for them automatically so they can enjoy a totally hands-free experience, I'm considering discontinuing the newsfeed as a result. Please try to understand the work it takes for a single librarian to maintain an up-to-date catalog of 350 Simlit works every single day. The amount of time it takes a single author to drop back by and fill out an amendment form to change a bit of information for their site listing if it isn't accurate or to their liking isn't even close to the amount of time it takes me (usually 1-2 hours) to compile the data that goes into one newsfeed in a night.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @mastressalita I am very sorry that the complaints from people who should be thanking you for the service you do has caused you this much stress. I wouldn't blame you one bit for discontinuing under those circumstances as this must take so much time for you to do.

I would like to thank you for all the wonderful service you have given all of us and I'm grateful that you have been doing it.
  • Dspenguin2000Dspenguin2000 Posts: 39 New Member
    username Dspenguin2000
    Website/Blog/Channel name DSpenguin2000's Sims Stories
    Current site URL https://dspenguin2000simsstories.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured Sims 4
    update schedule Irregular
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index
    color=#00529c]This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.[/color]
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @mastressalita It makes me sad that so many people are complaining. I think you are doing an awesome job considering all the works you follow. I love reading the newsfeed but I'd understand if you stopped. Thank you for everything you're doing. I really appreciate it.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @mastressalita It makes me sad that so many people are complaining. I think you are doing an awesome job considering all the works you follow. I love reading the newsfeed but I'd understand if you stopped. Thank you for everything you're doing. I really appreciate it.

@mastressalita I feel the same , you already work hard on both the index and the newsfeed which technically you do on your own back. I appreciate that you devote so much time to this. :)

P.S Sorry if there are any weird mistakes in this as I'm on my phone and I'm typing this really quickly. I'll try and limit them though.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    the way that I see, @mastressalita is putting in incredible amount of effort in order to give exposure to as many sim stories as possible. I do not understand why would anyone think it's appropriate to complain about anything :/
  • ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    edited May 2017
    If people are dissatisfied with the free publicity you are giving them in exchange for the small effort of them putting accurate titles on their chapters and informing you when things change, then perhaps they should withdraw their stories from the index altogether and find new readers on their own.

Either that, or they can accept that one person cannot undertake a catalogue of this magnitude without their help, and they can assist accordingly instead of complaining that you're "doing it wrong".

As authors we all welcome new readers. We love it when people comment on our stories and become invested in the tales that we tell. The archive that Mastress maintains on her own is a free service. She does it for the love of Simlit (as well as her love of cataloguing!) The daily newsfeed is an added extra that she offers, and it's a great way to find out both new stories, completed stories, returning stories...

In short: why are some people COMPLAINING about it? You're biting the hand that feeds you all this fiction. And that, my friends, is both petty, selfish, and entitled. If you don't want new readers to find you anymore, then you're going about it the right way.
    Post edited by ValoisFulcanelli on
    tfb.jpg
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    @mastressalita I'm sorry to hear that lots of people are complaining about you making mistakes in then newsfeed. People should be thanking you for what you've done. In my opinion, you've never made any mistakes when you give shoutouts to my stories. I enjoy reading the newsfeed and I completely understand if you stopped doing it. Thank you for all you've done.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Hey @mastressalita ! I have a new challenge to add to my blog. I used the new entry form because it's a new story. I haven't started yet because I'm casting 12 girls for this challenge :)

Username: Sonschi
    Website/Blog/Channel name:Sonschi & The Sims
    Current site URL: https://sonschiblog.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: irregular
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917342/newcrests-next-topmodel-casting/p1?new=1
    Additional information: A lot of polls will be held (the readers vote who should get a picture at the end of each week)
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

Thank you! <3
  • bookloverbluebookloverblue Posts: 451 Member
    edited May 2017
    Please find my amendment form below. Apologies for my error earlier - again, I wish to state that no offence was intended.

Website/Blog/Channel name (as listed in the index): Blue's Sim Stories
    Reason for amendment:* Add new story to my featured titles
    Correct your entry by completing the original form below:

Username: bookloverblue
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Blue's Sim Stories
    Current site URL: http://bluessimstories.blogspot.co.uk
    Sims games featured: Sims 2 & Sims 4
    Update schedule: Whenever possible
    Additional information: The newest story that my site will partially host is The Munchkin Legacy - a collaboration between myself and @cynicalbadger, and a combination of our respective Sims 4 Miskin and Munch Legacies!
    Forum thread URL: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917307/the-munchkin-legacy-updated-04-05-17#latest
    Just to make things clear, I'm not upset or angry with any individuals and I don't want anyone to think that. I am actually a quite mild-mannered librarian... and as one might imagine of someone who sits in a basement cataloging books for eight hours every day, quite a perfectionist, too! As I mentioned, over the last several months, I've had several people pointing out to me things like, "Oh, you said I completed this story in your newsfeed, but that's wrong," and things of that nature. Of course I'm human and can make mistakes like anyone else (I certainly have accidentally copy/pasta'd things in the wrong places and such, etc.) but typically the things being brought up recently are of the nature of folks assuming I have the time to open and read in-depth from the links that come through my subscription feeds... and while I certainly wish I had that kind of time on my hands, the reality of the situation is, managing an index of 350 links, that is just simply not feasible and not how things work. It makes me feel like it was assumed I was supposed to know something there was no way I could know... And that leads to me getting frustrated. After enough instances of that happening, my frustrations tend to boil over like a tea kettle left on too long, and I'm sorry if anyone felt like it was directed at them, because it certainly wasn't. And I'm very sorry for that.

To kind of get an idea of what I do to maintain the index, I manage several different "subscription" feeds, and each author's story ends up on one of these feeds. These depend on which story host the author is using: if they have their story on the EA forums (or a host like Weebly or a private host, etc., but they have a news thread on these forums), then I subscribe directly to their story thread here; I use Wordpress Reader for Wordpress works, Blogger Reading List for Blogger stories, YouTube subscriptions for our lovely Let's Play creators, and Tumblr Dashboard for our great Simblr stories. I go through each of these every day (or every few days if I get busy) to see what stories have updated, and I have a master list of the titles that I update the last update date. Those stories that updated recently I tend to use for random shoutouts, and I mark those so that I won't repeat them until I make sure everyone gets a chance to be a random shoutout before I go through them again. Stories that haven't updated in three consecutive months I move over into the Stories and Legacies Archive, which is my sister thread. As character limits on threads are a huge deal and I need growth space, this allows more room for new stories to be submitted into the Index. If a story from the Archive updates, I automatically move it back into the Index, and make sure to mention it in the Returning Stories section of the newsfeed, so people will know that it has a fresh update since it has been a while. I also check for any new submission forms or amendment forms on the thread, and add that data.

When I'm looking for things to feature in the newsfeed, the only piece of data I check from the subscription feeds listed above is the chapter title that displays. So those that use "conventional" legacy numbering systems (2.1 for chapter 1 of generation 2, for example) make this really easy for me, as I can easily tell when they have started a new generation; something I like to highlight on the newsfeed! Those that mark on the chapter when they have completed their story or season by putting "season finale" or "finale" in the chapter name I tend to feature as a completed work, since this tends to tell me they've finished a work. If the chapters are named something completely random, it will likely get missed, because I simply don't know any better that a generation has come to a close, or the work itself is completed. Some sites have multiple stories and don't list the story title along with the chapter number, making it very hard for me to tell just which story has recently updated, unless I actually memorize the look of a Sim in each work and they happen to appear in the sample images featured in the feed.

Now, I have had instances where I was wrong about a chapter based on its title -- for example, a finale was split into two parts but not marked with a Pt. 1, so I said a story was "completed" and featured it on my newsfeed under Completed Stories and was told it wasn't -- the only way I'd know different was to click into it and read additional text that stated another part was coming. As you can imagine, with so many stories coming across my feeds every single day, that adds a lot of extra work; this is how these kind of mistakes happen. I've had times when promos for a new season came out and seeing them, I mistakeningly thought I missed someone's season finale and gave them accolades that weren't due yet, and again... got told I was mistaken. And in the case with the coauthors, when one author is registered with the Index but the other author is not registered with the Index, that is something especially hard for me to catch... one story is coming through my feed, but the other story is not. And again, that additional information that would state both author names is not something that would be visible without clicking into the chapter and reading additional informative text. For me, seeing a chapter title with a story name I've never seen before on a particular site pretty much always tells my brain, "New work, go update the index!"... And I'm always going to assume the work is just from the author that submitted that site. In fact, I've never had an instance (until now) where that wasn't the case. Whenever I work hard on a newsfeed and am told, "Well, your news is wrong" it just makes me feel really bad, because I do try really hard! The worst thing for a librarian is to feel like they are spreading false news, you know? Because librarians hate false news, and in my heart, I'm just trying to promote stories for people!

So if you have a story on your site that has special information you want listed on your entry, just make sure to drop by the index and fill out an amendment form. I know most authors enjoy having a "submit-it-and-forget-it" attitude with the Stories and Legacies Index, but it really can make things easier if you happen to have a story with "special needs". Amendment forms work great for letting me know if your story is completed, as well! (Have you seen the HUGE Completed Stories list on the first page of the index? If you have a finished story that isn't listed there, it definitely needs to be on there and I'd hate to miss it, so please let me know! I know a lot of people really like being able to quickly find completed works!) Note that there is limited text space within the index, and sometimes I'm unable to fully list all data you put within your submission forms on the index as a result (story plot summaries being an example), but I try to put as much pertinent information as possible as I can. If there is a certain piece of news you would like in the newsfeed, as long as your story is registered with the Stories and Legacies Index (you've submitted your site and it's listed), feel free to PM me about what you need featured. If certain things don't pass through my subscription feeds (for example, you set up a thread on these forums taking Sim submissions for an upcoming story, etc.) then I'm going to miss something important! Let me know about it, and I'll be happy to feature it for you!

I'm glad there are still a lot of folks that like and enjoy the newsfeed. I do the best I can! I know the updates have slowed down a bit as I've needed to dedicate a bit more time into my own story blog this year, but I'm still trying to make sure that Simlit news gets out to folks in a timely manner.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Thank you so much for the shoutout @mastressalita !
    @mastressalita

Username: lilypadmeulin
    Website/Blog/Channel name: The Zodiac Legacy
    Current site URL: http://zodiaclegacy.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sims games featured: The Sims 4
    Update schedule: Irregular
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: N/A
    Disclaimer: n/a
    Additional information: N/A
  • sims4evasims4eva Posts: 76 Member
    HI! Your PM terrified me, lol, I've never gotten one. Then I realized what it was and am so excited! I had no idea this existed: but boy am I glad I do now. I have like seven hundred new stories to read now, hehehehe. Typically I'm limited to which stories google safe-search pulls up: heaven, is that fun.

... I'm going to stop ranting happily now and fill out this form!

Username: sims4eva
    Website/Blog/Channel name: The Havens- A Legacy, A Home
    Current site URL: http://sims4havenslegacy.blogspot.com/2017/03/table-of-contents.html
    Sims games featured: the Sims 4
    Update schedule: *mesir says nope to this*
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yeparoodles.
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Definitely.
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index. (ahhhhhh I don't want to make your life hard eep)