Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will this laptop be good for TS2:UC?

SimsSkoorlSimsSkoorl Posts: 28 Member
Hello! I'm getting a new laptop and I want to confirm that it will run TS2:UC. Now it is an integrated card, however I have had intergrated cards before that have run the sims 2 flawlessly. Here are the specs:

Windows 10,
16GB Ram,
Intel Core I7 5557U ~ 3.0Ghz
Intel Iris 6100

Comments

• GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    While I think you will, this site might give the best definite answer: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri - just type down The Sims 2 and you will be told accordingly, and where to upgrade if needed.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • SimsSkoorlSimsSkoorl Posts: 28 Member
    Thanks for your comment, Godlike! I've done the test and it seems to think I will be able to run it perfectly.
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Yay! Let's hope for the best :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • HallTallFallHallTallFall Posts: 5 New Member
    Just so you know, about that link above.

Make sure you Only run from the Start Menu or when it says to launch the program after it installs.
    And I would suggest clicking Force High Graphics)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    I found out that Body Shop will always crash if you forget this step.
    After doing the graphic fix copy the files from TSData/Res/Config (Graphic Rules and Video Cards.sgr)
    And paste them in CSConfig also
    Then Body Shop will be fine.
    If you use this Graphic Fix you will not need to Run as administrator or in Compatibility mode, and you can run in windowed mode by adding -w to the end of the shortcut "... Sims2(EP/SP).exe" -w

Sorry for the long reply.
  • SimsSkoorlSimsSkoorl Posts: 28 Member
    Ok thanks for your tips guys! So is this a good laptop then? I'm worried about what people have said about integrated frying your
    laptop...