Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I tried Sims 2 for the first time in a looong time today...

2...Next

Comments

• allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    Tried playing last night.. But now that sims 4 is out everything looks so old and ugly.. Lord, this is crazy. Used to be my favorite Sims game ever.
  • ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    edited January 2016
    allieb312 wrote: »
    Used to be my favorite Sims game ever.

Those are my words exactly. When I got the ultimate collection I played the game again after a pause that lasted since 2010 and I found out that I'm not really enjoying it anymore. I definitely gave up after my first generation aged up and died.

And it isn't the fault of the game, it's my playstyle that had changed. I don't really mind the old graphics, I actually still like it quite a lot. It's the open world, CASt, story progression and other features which in the meantime became crucial for me if I were to enjoy any Sims game.
  • RaeElleRaeElle Posts: 24 Member
    I like living in an apartment in TS2 because it gives it more of an open feel. I prefer the wants system in TS2 too.
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited January 2016
    There are some ways to increase graphic playing ts2.
    I just googled to increase graphic quality and I really loved it
    1. http://modthesims.info/t/479610
    2. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140201182620AAsjLLX
    3. http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with
    4. http://modthesims.info/d/504385 (with this mod, your town is like open world. you can see all the lots from your house)
    5. at setting you need to adjust some part like resolution(after you install graphic rulers maker you can adjust), and max 'smooth edge'
    6. and max 'view distance', and off 'fade distance' . 2 things are really important to open your neighbor (to open neighbor you need to install http://modthesims.info/d/504385 this file)

If you set graphic like this your world will open like this
    mTgSyRt.jpg

and graphic is just stunning
    3oQPo4N.jpg

(edit)
    If you want to change sims appearance, there are many default skin.
    He is just a premade town sim with default skin and I like it
    Sk8dLhj.jpg

or you can d/l celebrities :smiley:
    wgICOVJ.jpg
    Post edited by s1mszzang on
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited January 2016
    another pictures ( sims are premade sims or npc game made. I use face structure changer mod http://www.mediafire.com/?x7qkd83dpdqwjxx and default skin http://www.4shared.com/file/AFZibIOi/__DdanjiSkin_ver11_Default.html )
    sorry for spamming but I cannot help it. I am just surprised how ts2 graphic is superb but many ppls think ts2 graphic is bad.
    Just adjust a lil bit as I mentioned above and graphic changes dramatically.

VcH3StB.jpg
    Wr2a9Pb.jpg
    7j3PwyP.jpg
    VWVMrML.jpg
    SBM6bQc.jpg
    zUFs1X4.jpg
    zDua1oo.jpg
    6OtDTbS.jpg
    VfVtAWO.jpg
    AQ0K2L8.jpg
    0Ut5TdS.jpg
    lsbyXAL.jpg
    964Ma4S.jpg
    FX1ZM4a.jpg
    zfozfmw.jpg

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I love the graphics in TS2 when the game is updated to recognize newer cards. :heart:

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited January 2016
    If I didn't use all the mods and CC that I use, Sims 2 wouldn't be as enjoyable to me as it is. Sims 2 made me an utter CC junkie. I wish it was 64bit so I could cram even more in there without the game exploding. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Don't feel bad because you don't like something.. Its your opinion, just because a lot of people like something doesn't mean you have to.
    You are a person and with your own likes and dislikes.. So you just enjoy playing what makes you happy! :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've just tried getting back into TS2 for the first time in a long time earlier today.I've been having fun though my game is running in windowed mode.
    24504907436_d602d22084_z.jpg
    Here's a little corner store I started to build.
    24235548850_391e633972_z.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Landscapes101Landscapes101 Posts: 91 Member
    I think that The Sims 2 without CC is boring, but TS2 is probably the most complete and most playable of the series, in my opinion, It is playable (Side eyeing TS3), and it has plenty of features (unlike TS4). The Sims 3 sims are too dead if you ask me, they don't really have a mind of their own unless it's to eat, use the bathroom, shower, get their needs up. The Sims 2 is great for family play and some challenges and with proper CC The Sims can look even more realistic than the potatoes faces of TS3.
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I think that there must be a degree of personal taste involved with people preferring Sims 4 (or, she grudgingly admits, Sims 2) graphics. While I would like to have the neighbourhood looking better from lot view than it does and there are some improvements to facial animations in Sims 4, I really prefer the art style of Sims 2 to any of the other games. The textures, meshes and most animations are so much more detailed. Objects in Sims 4 are so blocky and while I was initially pleased that Sims 4 was returning a bit more to the style of 2 rather than 3 it wound up looking (to me) somewhat on the childish/cheesy side.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    I think that there must be a degree of personal taste involved with people preferring Sims 4 (or, she grudgingly admits, Sims 2) graphics. While I would like to have the neighbourhood looking better from lot view than it does and there are some improvements to facial animations in Sims 4, I really prefer the art style of Sims 2 to any of the other games. The textures, meshes and most animations are so much more detailed. Objects in Sims 4 are so blocky and while I was initially pleased that Sims 4 was returning a bit more to the style of 2 rather than 3 it wound up looking (to me) somewhat on the childish/cheesy side.

I agree about Sims 2 graphics. I like the muted, detailed look best. It is cartoony, but not in the exaggerated, too bright way 4 looks.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Seamoan wrote: »

I agree about Sims 2 graphics. I like the muted, detailed look best. It is cartoony, but not in the exaggerated, too bright way 4 looks.
    Agreed. This is why, despite Sims 2 being 12 years old, I prefer those graphics to Sims 4's if the game needs to have a cartoonish look.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    allieb312 wrote: »
    Tried playing last night.. But now that sims 4 is out everything looks so old and ugly.. Lord, this is crazy. Used to be my favorite Sims game ever.

Not when you zoom in and can count the threads in shirt. That is the detail TS4 lacks. It's not they can't do it, they won't. Nothing ugly about detail. Where plates are round, and bowls have not sharp angles, and I can count the blades of grass in TS3 as well. I love detail without it I might as well drag out some paper dolls painted on a flat surface and try to immerse myself in that again. That was fine when I was about six years old, but things change as you grow up. And detail in games depending on their genre and this one's about life, need detail to be more immersive.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.