Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like the Sims 2 to be tied to Origin?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
As the title says...

I wouldn't mind the Sims 2 being tied to Origin; Origin is much better than Steam and the other digital distribution platforms. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Comments

• MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Don't see why not it wouldn't really effect me but settle down here where you say it's better than other digital platfroms Colton.
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Isn't it on Origin already? I don't know, I uninstalled it after trying to play it for a few days.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited November 2015
    NO!!! I hate Origin! I'm furious it happened to Sims 3 and I do not play it anymore! I'm still bitter over losing one of my favorite games (not that I don't love Sims 2). If they do it to Sims 2, I am done with the series forever!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Oh, I'm sure it's better. I'm sure it's Perfect.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Well, there's this thing called disconnecting your computer from the Internet...
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Well, there's this thing called disconnecting your computer from the Internet...
    That only lets you play offline. It doesn't let you bypass Origin.
  • may151997may151997 Posts: 209 Member
    I have TS2 Ultimate Collection through Origin. I would prefer to just have a disk, but since I already have to use it for 4 I don't mind.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    I have UC through Origin (which is nice because I got the latter packs that I missed). I have a lot of the disks too though (all except FT, AL, Ikea, K&B, M&G - if I'm not getting my game versions mixed up).
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    My issue with Origin is having to uninstall it and reinstall it every time it tries to update. Every. Plum. Time.
    My issue with Origin is having to uninstall it and reinstall it every time it tries to update. Every. Plum. Time.
    When I had Origin, it would update every time I opened it. Even if I used it multiple times in one day, it updated. How many times can one program update?!
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    When I had Origin, it would update every time I opened it. Even if I used it multiple times in one day, it updated. How many times can one program update?!

Lol I know...I hate it so much. I dread updates because it's so problematic. Could be an issue with my internet connection, but I doubt it since the update usually installs correctly after I uninstall then reinstall Origin.

Wish I could dump it, but I installed the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection through Origin. And Sims 4 requires it to update.
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Have a lot more games on Steam than on Origin so I kinda would love to have it on Steam instead. However I still run it through Steam now as a non Steam game and Origin still records the hours I play. Score :D
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    On the one hand, it's nice to think that (assuming I can find my Origin password) I can reinstall the Ultimate collection whenever I have to switch computers in the future, considering that I got it because windows 8 was incompatible with some of my older Sims disks.

But there are definitely drawbacks to digital platforms in general (for example, a lot of the times I decide "hey, it would be great to randomly play a few hours of this game," it's because my internet is spotty, slow, or nonexistent,) and Origin in particular, what with the amount of updating it does (it's as bad as Windows Vista that way...)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Mort_OpalMort_Opal Posts: 55 Member
    I don't know about anyone else, But I can run TS2 without having to log into origin... at all....I like that I don't have to!
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member

Oh... I REMEMBER the download rubbish! Origin sometimes downloads half the update and then gets tired and uninstalls it. It'll try again when you next launch it.
    You see,
    Part of having a healthy relationship with Origin is learning to respect it's flaws and trying to understand how it is feeling. Maybe Origin is having a rough day and doesn't feel like downloading your update. Maybe it just broke up with it' girlfriend and really just wants to curl up on the couch with a bucket of ice cream. Maybe it's feeling rejected because you're not spending enough time with it. Try to empathize with Origin. Find out what's troubling it. Be a shoulder to lean on during hard times. Maybe one day it will do the same for you.
    Remember: Good communication is key.
    rosey1579 wrote: »

Oh... I REMEMBER the download rubbish! Origin sometimes downloads half the update and then gets tired and uninstalls it. It'll try again when you next launch it.
    You see,
    Part of having a healthy relationship with Origin is learning to respect it's flaws and trying to understand how it is feeling. Maybe Origin is having a rough day and doesn't feel like downloading your update. Maybe it just broke up with it' girlfriend and really just wants to curl up on the couch with a bucket of ice cream. Maybe it's feeling rejected because you're not spending enough time with it. Try to empathize with Origin. Find out what's troubling it. Be a shoulder to lean on during hard times. Maybe one day it will do the same for you.
    Remember: Good communication is key.
    tumblr_lm0h4xOHGe1qdlkgg.gif
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Please stop...
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited November 2015
    Actually no. My sims 2 is currently on my Origin account and I can play from there, that's enough for me. The newest TS3 patch has convinced me that I don't want any more Origin involvement in my TS2 game than it already has. Before 1.69 I could log into TS3 without being logged into Origin and offline. Now I have to be online and can't log in unless Origin is running. I don't really understand why though as EA has made it fairly clear they don't really want anything to do with any of the Sims games pre TS4.
    It doesn't really let you play offline though? My daughter tried to play the other day while offline and it made her go online and log into Origin to play!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    @duhboy2u2

If you have patience, there is a way to untie your Sims 3 game from Origin.

Uninstall the base game and reinstall it through disc (if you have one). Once it's reinstalled, turn off automatic updates. It should prompt you to update, but only up to 1.67. The 1.69 update is only from Origin. You don't have to download it.

That's what I did and my Sims 3 game is free of Origin again. Good luck.
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    No,Sims 2 is Pre-Origin and it should stay like that. I'm happy to play the game off line since the last of the servers was closed down a few years ago.But to each his own as long its not force on anyone who don't want it.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited November 2015
    @duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Actually no. My sims 2 is currently on my Origin account and I can play from there, that's enough for me. The newest TS3 patch has convinced me that I don't want any more Origin involvement in my TS2 game than it already has. Before 1.69 I could log into TS3 without being logged into Origin and offline. Now I have to be online and can't log in unless Origin is running. I don't really understand why though as EA has made it fairly clear they don't really want anything to do with any of the Sims games pre TS4.
    It doesn't really let you play offline though? My daughter tried to play the other day while offline and it made her go online and log into Origin to play!

Hi :)

I use the Sims2EP9.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin to start TS2. Make a Shortcut and put it on your desktop,

There's no reason to have Origin installed once TS2 has been downloaded and installed. I don't even have it installed and it plays fine. :)