Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 Update Coming on November 12

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860901/small-update-coming-to-the-pc-version-of-the-sims-3/p1

They are supposedly installing an EP/SP tool but you might want to be cautious and wait to update until more info is available. It's entirely possible that they are trying to tie TS3 to Origin again, which is the past has made EIG in CAW in-operable.
The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

Comments

• Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    Thank you very much for the info HappySimmer3 :) ... I'm very glad I spotted your thread in time. I have aborted the update for now as I have just about got CAW working again after 2 years of problems with EIG.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    You are welcome, and I was right - the real purpose of this update is to tie your game to Origin. They already admitted that there is a compatibility issue with CAW. Guess they didn't realize that thus issue has been around for three years now. ;)

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    The really bad thing is that if you ever need to reinstall your game by downloading from Origin, you will not get the original version, which you will have to update. They've also replaced the download with the fully updated version. I'm planning to make a disk image backup of my entire solid state drive. Then, if I ever need to reinstall my game, I'll just restore the entire drive instead.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Thanks for posting this here, HS! :hugz:

I hope the CAWsters see it before updating. Maxis always seem to forget about CAW.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've seen news about the update and still have the 167 patch and won't go to 169 if it means I can't use CAW.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    MinouCheetosMinouCheetos Posts: 31 Member
    I installed the update and now when I try to open Create a World, I get the following error message:

Beta has experienced a failure
    Beta has crashed
    Exception information
    Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Great. Been working on world for months and now I can't access it at all? Any one have any ideas?
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    There is some advice on this thread. I hope you have the pre 2012 disk as that seems to be the only hope for reinstalling without origin and CAW should work again without origin's interference.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860900/small-update-coming-to-the-pc-version-of-the-sims-3#latest
  • Options
    MinouCheetosMinouCheetos Posts: 31 Member
    Thanks, bekkasan, but I have post 2012 download version, no disc. I guess unless EA makes a fix, then CAW is lost to me. :(
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Some simmers have been able to find the disk on amazon that is pre 2012 if that is an option for you. :) I hope they will put up a back button so those that had CAW messed up can go back easier.
  • Options
    janel1janel1 Posts: 7 New Member
    Did a clean uninstall and reinstall of the sims 3 pre Origin update and CAW is running smoothly.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited November 2015
    @janel1, do you have a pre-2012 edition of the game on disk? If not, could you please explain how you did a reinstall of your digital version without Origin doing the update automatically?

• Options
    janel1janel1 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2015
    I uninstalled everything but I did not choose to install Origin in the menu. I used my discs but I googled a bit for the newest S3 update then installed that. Might want to add that I updated my base game to 1.69 before I installed the EPs and SPs.