Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers vs. Seasons

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If the next EP would be something that is in demand that would be very good be it Seasons, Generations, Pets or Apartments.
    if it is something hardly anyone will be interested in then expect more disappointments

And I hope they will not use "GET" in the title again.

At the same time, Get Together has the potential to really improve game play for future packs; it's not something anyone would have thought of because it hasn't been done before, but if it works it could actually become part of a Sims 5 base game development. I don't want them to stop innovating out of fear that the community won't like something -- just mix in the new with the old.

I could see them using GET for something like Get Love (dating/marriage pack), or maybe a safari pack called Get Wild (that would be something new and could incorporate Pets, maybe a farm/rural pack for Seasons instead). So we might get a few more instances. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    A Seasons EP with toddlers included. :)
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • WillowxPillowWillowxPillow Posts: 189 Member
    If I had to choose between the two I would pick seasons. Since where I live I don't get to experience all weather types it would be nice to have the chance in the game.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited November 2015
    As much as I love Seasons, I'd go for Toddlers FOR NOW. My games are always focused on Young Adults because I don't like my kids going from baby to grown up kid in a second, it's dumb.

Edit: Lol I don't know. I could actually see myself playing with Seasons for a couple of months with just Young Adults while we wait for a Generations EP that includes toddlers. THEN I start having a family.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Since toddlers are a feature that should've been in the base game to begin with, I'd choose them... Seasons is meant to expand the gameplay (hence being an expansion pack). The Sims is meant to be a life simulator, which means it's supposed to reflect life... leaving toddlers out of the game is simply ridiculous.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    Juliee101 wrote: »
    I'm a family player, but I would rather get seasons first then toddlers.

Then you aren't a family player.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
    The responses to this post perfectly show how naive and gullible Sims fans actually are toward EA and Maxis ripping them off... wow. Toddlers should've been in the base game to begin with. Seasons has always been an expansion pack since Sims 2. We should not be willing to purchase expansion packs for a game until the actual base game is complete. I can't believe so many people are actually willing to be perfectly fine with an unfinished base game... it's actually pathetic.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member

You're not a family player either.
    Easy. We're not here to fight. <3
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2015

"Family player" is not a way of saying "Simmer who thinks toddlers are more important than everything else". It's a way of saying "Simmer who plays with families" - and there are lots of ways of doing that, and lots of things other than families that a family player might care about.

Try respecting fellow players more; you might find more start supporting your desires even above their own, as I have been doing. I don't particularly care about toddlers, though I play families (I've spent about 5 hours over the last two days making new families for my game - Alien families with good disguises and "right"-feeling houses can take a long time to make!). I've been asking for toddlers for months now so that you can have them. And you won't even let people like me call ourselves "family players"? Why should I support your request if you won't respect my own priorities as a family player?

Honestly. You have me seriously wanting to go back to my post earlier in this topic and x out the part about how toddlers should be added first even though I personally want Seasons more.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    edited November 2015
    Add them TOGETHER for goodness sakes, we deserve toddlers already, that's a God given Sim right! so that's irrelevant. That would be a great expansion. Then Pets. I just want to get the basics, and all the "missing pieces" out of the way, with some crazy/fresh game packs in between. GT could have been towards the end to be honest.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    Easy. We're not here to fight. <3

I'm sorry, I just found that comment funny.

Back on topic, have you seen the winter mod? It looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP-omfqCOWU
    Beautiful! Reminds me of how magical is was the first time I saw snow in TS2. :)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited November 2015
    CreoleSim wrote: »
    Add them TOGETHER for goodness sakes, we deserve toddlers already, that's a God given Sim right! so that's irrelevant. That would be a great expansion. Then Pets. I just want to get the basics, and all the "missing pieces" out of the way, with some crazy/fresh game packs in between. GT could have been towards the end to be honest.

IMO I don't think it would have made sense to make GT towards the end. I don't wanna have to wait 5 years to finally be able to group my sims correctly....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member

IMO I don't think it would have made since to make GT towards the end. I don't wanna have to wait 5 years to finally be able to group my sims correctly....
    Really do agree with this, I think it's the right timing for the EP since it can focus on other eps in the future and that's what I really like with these series, everything is connected in a way. :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member

I agree then we would have actual things for our 'clubs' to do together rather than a few new objects that are coming with that 'ep'. I think GT should have been either the last EP, the last GP or the third GP.
    Anyway that's beside the point. I agree with you 100% Toddlers need to be added already, we've been waiting for well over a year now and I think it'll be really, really disrespectful to all players wanting them to make packs like pets and seasons before toddlers (pets especially seeing as pets are basically new life stages too).
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    No contest for me. Toddlers, then Seasons. I'm quite willing to put up with terminal Summer for a bit longer, as long as Toddlers get here. Then I'll jump upon the wagon and holler, LOUDLY, for Seasons. (Well, I'll jump on the wagon for Seasons, but I'll wait patiently.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Klassickicks22Klassickicks22 Posts: 179 Member
    Seasons first then toddlers!
  • NocturnesRequiemNocturnesRequiem Posts: 87 Member
    Toddlers till the end, yo.

I need that Generations EP like I need, I dunno.
    Something I need a lot.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    As the title says...

I would rather have Seasons than toddlers... Since I am not much of a family player. o:)

Causing trouble Colton? (not meant as a dig, just having some fun with you )
    LOL! anyway I too would rather have seasons, or with something like they are now giving us for the sims 3 a way to not use the packs that we do not like or want in our game.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    The responses to this post perfectly show how naive and gullible Sims fans actually are toward EA and Maxis ripping them off... wow. Toddlers should've been in the base game to begin with. Seasons has always been an expansion pack since Sims 2. We should not be willing to purchase expansion packs for a game until the actual base game is complete. I can't believe so many people are actually willing to be perfectly fine with an unfinished base game... it's actually pathetic.

Could not agree more. I've literally sat and read this thread shaking my head and my jaw on the floor.

Besides. A thread like this is made with malicious intentions so really, I'm not surprised. It's all the same group of people commenting. I had only popped on to see if anything had changed. I guess not.

--T
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Wow I went on such a rant it was paragraphs. I decided to delete and start over.

Basically the jist of my rant was that when you play this lather, rinse, repeat... game with "The Sims" franchise, it gets old. For instance, I hated "The Sims" without "Seasons". hated it. Once seasons was released I was suddenly playing "The Sims 3" all the time, similar to Sims 2 days.

The problem I have with Sims 4 and the reason I didn't join that era yet (I've made some Sims in the demo though for fun), is that you get accustomed to major gameplay changes - and then they are not back in the next base game. After a couple times of this routine it does get indeed old. The whole point on moving on to another "sequel" of a game in a franchise is to make it better. This time, we got more excuses then we got content in the Sims 4 BG. Much of the "BG" stuff was released, AFTER the game was. This is not cool! And I understand that it's just a base game and this and that, but you know really I remember discussions when 3 came out about what would come in the Sims 4 BG. Many thought Seasons because it changes the game so much, or maybe Pets because that EP is tired and BEAT, and they are technically Sims since Sims 3. And I understand there will be those that will defend the game and call me out and say I want everything all in one game and that's not true. Just like we got lots of EP associated content in the BG of Sims 3, I assumed we'd get more in Sims 4; but we got even LESS than before. They're cute talking about how much content Sims 4 came with, but apples to oranges. 27 different dinging chairs and 9 different tables - objects and decor - do not outweigh say oh you know toddlers, cars, weather, pets, ... pools, ghosts, terrain editors, CASt, etc. This is my point. Yeah, there's lots of objects clothes and hair - because they're EASY to create, especially with that art style, clothes, appliances and floors all look like the same material. So, in retrospect they can play it how they want, but at the end of the day... its missing alot.

But what they did create is seemingly pretty awesome. It's the waiting to get it to that level of "ahhh that's insane" that's hard to do. At this point, I'd rather enjoy Sims 4 for the first time with toddlers, seasons, cars, and the rest. Once those three big things (for me personally, some may want pets over seasons or toddlers) are brought back, then I will join the Sims 4 era. In the meantime, I'll get more money's worth out of all that junk I bought from the store like a complete fool. LOL

I was holdingout for toddlers and cars, but since both appeared in EP survey's, I know I have at least another year before I'll be playing the Sims 4. I do love what's been done so far though and am excited. I'd rather play in a year and be BLOWN away, then play and wait for it to knock me off my feet. I want that "Sims 2 first day" experience. Sims 3 never did that for me. I was in love with the open world and it blinded me for a minute but once that novelty wore off, I was like "why are these Sims all standing around doing nothing and why do they seem broken?" they weren't broken, they were no where near as complicated, dynamic or alive (Aka emotional) as Sims 2 sims. That's the other thing I don't like they did - over flaunt their "emotions system" as if it was new and unprecedented. I've played mainly Sims 2 since last August because it's forever my favorite and after getting it back so easily through origin last year, I was totally back to my Sims 2 towns. LOL still do! Those Sims in Sims 2 were emotional all the time. They didn't need a huge WORD next to their icon on the UI to tell you they were. You'd know by how they walked in a room and clapped and waved to other Sims or how they'd come in the house from work grumbling because it was a bad day, or when you over work your Sim so hard they just start randomly crying, or they worry about a relationship or a family member - I could go on and on.

WHAT HAPPENED! THIS POST IS HUGE AGAIN! :o I guess I had to get it off me. LOL Had toddlers and cars been in the Sims4 i would have prolly moved on because as cool as the stuff is for Sims 3, the sims themselves suck and leave much to be desired in a game. I get bored so fast. I play Sims 2 and the next thing I know it's 4am. That RARELY happens with 3. Okay I'm done talking. Somebody pull me off the computer I can't stop. LOL
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member

"Family player" is not a way of saying "Simmer who thinks toddlers are more important than everything else". It's a way of saying "Simmer who plays with families" - and there are lots of ways of doing that, and lots of things other than families that a family player might care about.

Try respecting fellow players more; you might find more start supporting your desires even above their own, as I have been doing. I don't particularly care about toddlers, though I play families (I've spent about 5 hours over the last two days making new families for my game - Alien families with good disguises and "right"-feeling houses can take a long time to make!). I've been asking for toddlers for months now so that you can have them. And you won't even let people like me call ourselves "family players"? Why should I support your request if you won't respect my own priorities as a family player?

Honestly. You have me seriously wanting to go back to my post earlier in this topic and x out the part about how toddlers should be added first even though I personally want Seasons more.

My sentiments exactly. I was trying to put words to how I was feeling about this post and the one after it. We all want others to be happy, I do not think we are selfish enough to want others not to have what they want in the game in addition to what we want. The OP here was asking for a "choice" between two things he was not asking us to go after each other. Thanks for posting this it says it nicer than I probably would have been able to.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    If I had to choose just one, I would choose...both. Because we really need both things.
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Seasons, not everyone in real life have babies/toddlers but we all have seasons we go through

But not everyone goes through the same seasons -- we rarely get snow where I live except a dusting on some of the higher peaks if it's really cold when it rains. Most of the time to see significant snow I'd have to travel about 3 or 4 hours to the Sierras, where all the ski resorts are located.

Yea.. Not everyone has seasons... Its pretty much summer in California all year long... What is rain? What is snow?.... What are these gray things blocking the sun??????? Hahahahahaha
    2ynjgg8.png