Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SMALL UPDATE COMING TO THE PC VERSION OF THE SIMS 3

Comments

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    ***They are not doing this for the player!
    They are doing this to integrate Origin into everything.

I agree. I just uninstalled origin because I'd rather lose all the games tied to it than lose TS3 independence. :D

Not to mention, my game is running just fine thanks to all my mods and I'm not giving EA a chance to break them.
    Do you guys have a problem with origins? Who cares if its going through it now to play the game.

I have a problem with Origin.
    This is why I have a problem with Origin.
    When I allow Origin to update SIMS 4 - I DO NOT expect it to interfere with ANY other product I've purchased from EA, just because EA wants it to do that.
    It plummed my Sims 3 a couple of months ago - because Origin was set to do "whatever it wanted" to Sims 3. I did not have it set to automatically do ANYTHING.
    I was only allowing Sims 4 update.
    I fail to understand why this is difficult for anyone to understand.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited November 2015

I agree. I just uninstalled origin because I'd rather lose all the games tied to it than lose TS3 independence. :D

Not to mention, my game is running just fine thanks to all my mods and I'm not giving EA a chance to break them.
    Do you guys have a problem with origins? Who cares if its going through it now to play the game.

When I allow Origin to update SIMS 4 - I DO NOT expect it to interfere with ANY other product I've purchased from EA, just because EA wants it to do that.
    It plummed my Sims 3 a couple of months ago - because Origin was set to do "whatever it wanted" to Sims 3. I did not have it set to automatically do ANYTHING.

You know, I was not aware that this happened! Makes me glad I haven't played TS4 since last May, to be honest. I would have uninstalled Origin after that for sure. Very sorry this happened to you!

@igazor sorry for paraphrasing.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

You know, I was not aware that this happened! Makes me glad I haven't played TS4 since last May, to be honest. I would have uninstalled Origin after that for sure. Very sorry this happened to you!

Thanks. For awhile I thought I was talking to myself. I'm glad you "heard" me.
    I really enjoy Sims 4, but I hate Origin.
    I can't have one without the other... (she said, as the devil smiled...)

Lucky for me, I don't enjoy TS4. So uninstalling Origin isn't much of a loss. Especially if they are now trying to assimilate TS3. ;)

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member

well sorry and i apoligize but in away the problem is not origin but what will you do the day you replace your pc and that there no longer the option to install a cd dvd rom hum in other word what i mean is when pc become like those imac and no longer offer desktop and its only a screen with the hard drive keyboad and mouse all in one
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    @friendlysimmers I disagree. A tool is only as good as the intentions behind it.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    @friendlysimmers I disagree. A tool is only as good as the intentions behind it.

you can think that if you went but sorry to say this but eventualy you will not have much choice to reinstall origin the day a new games requires origin like for exemple the sims5 if ever there is a sims5 that is
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    This "upgrade" reminds me of the old saying, "It's for your own good." After which you hear doomed music.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'm not sure I like the idea of an update if it's going to mess up my ability to use my Mods.I've got the entire TS3 collection installed on my laptop and have no issues running it at all except for the game being unplayable without the over 200 Mods I've had to install to fix the bugs and glitches I had with the game.My computer is more than capable of running the entire collection in a file loaded with tons of Mods and CC.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    @TadOlson do you have your game on disc or Origin? This is just the kind of thing that makes me stay far, far away from things like Origin.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got mine on disks and I don't want to risk getting stuck playing without my Mods because the game is unplayable without those.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • XavyXavy Posts: 50 Member
    Hope this update isn't mandatory. A few of my EPs and SPs were bought off Origin, so I don't think I can play without it... :grimace:
  • skybakerskybaker Posts: 214 Member
    Why EA or Origin not to recommend us to play with the Sims 3 base game only? This is really great when I played the Sims 3 at the first moment without lagging.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    I smell a major disaster catastrophe coming I wouldn't be surprised or put it past EA to totally break the game with this update :|
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    @TadOlson it's my understanding that those of us with the original discs that don't require Origin and play by using the shortcut to the game installed on our computer won't be bothered by this update. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is indeed the case. I've spent hours upon hours getting my game updated, mods and CC added, etc. over the past few weeks and I certainly don't want anyone mucking it up now.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Just to be on the safe side, I disabled auto updating. I haven't played through the launcher since 2011 I believe, but I don't want anything to mess up my game. Since over the years I have bough some EPs as digital. My game runs fine I don't need EA throwing a wrench into it making it unplayable.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    [Ya. That's exactly why I just made sure this update won't happen next time I start my launcher. While you are sitting there, thinking my game fell apart in July 2010, I'll continue happily playing all 11 EP's.

I will join you. The game ran perfectly fine on my old PC which was only a dual core + Nv9600 GT and 4gb's of ram, that had all EP's up to Supernatural. It runs just as well on my newer PC with all EP's and everything maxed out.

The game is held together by bandaids, sure, and is certainly demanding at time, but it isn't quite as bad as the over-dramatisers make it out to be. Unless of course they're trying to play it on a PC from the stone age, loaded with CC and everything maxed out.

I'm not going anywhere near this patch. I don't even use the launcher unless I have to install store content, and now that I own everything I want, I've got no real reason to even open that, unless I want to install a new world. My game is perfectly tuned, modded and running like a dream. There is no way I'm letting another EA fail patch near my game.
    Someone tried playing it on a beast as I understand Jackjack correctly :p Yes, the game defnitely is held together by bandaids (including two NRaas mods), but that's one of the reasons I want them to leave it as it is now, before those bandaids start to snap one by one in a game that isn't EA's priority anymore.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Well I opened Origin to make sure updates were turned off and it started updating. I get the message that EA wants to install an update tool. How can I open Origin with this going on?
    :o
    I'm going to work now and I'll see later how this is evolving, this is really odd and I don't like it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    And, as usual, no one (the gurus) has come in here to clarify things for us. If at all possible, I will avoid this update. I like my game as is and don't want any changes made to it.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited November 2015
    If that patch crashes TS3, EA might post the following message:
    "We are really sorry that you can't play The Sims™ 3 anymore. This was not intended. Btw.: Why don't you try The Sims™ 4 instead? it is so much fun and on sale right now!"
    :D

(Sorry for bad english, it's not my 1st language. ^^)

I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happens EA can't be trusted especially after the last 2 incidents of Origin messing up the game which I now believe was just a test run to totally breaking the game >:)
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @SimGuruDrake i think more clraification is required on this new update and also if a simmer no longer has is sims3 disk there should be an explication on how to proceed with this update if a simmer no longer have there cds

Did you register your discs with origin? If so you will have free download copies in my games if you open origin at desktop and can use the download versions. Do you have the game installed right now ?
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    skybaker wrote: »
    Why EA or Origin not to recommend us to play with the Sims 3 base game only? This is really great when I played the Sims 3 at the first moment without lagging.

nraas Traveler require World Adventure to travel other worlds (from EPs or Store)