Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 4x4 Challenge for Sims 3

Comments

• Sookie_54Sookie_54 Posts: 429 Member
    Vlad and Pearl earned an addition this morning, and surprise surprise another flipping thief shows up!Screenshot-216_zpsfgwzfssm.jpg
    Vlad threw a wish to propose marriage to Pearl! Will possibly happen tomorrow...as you can see they Looooooooooove each other!!Screenshot-211_zpsvfrlhnjs.jpg
    Lotsa gardening, I actually cut fall and winter out of weather so they could garden all year round, we can pretend they live in Florida until after they have kids...Screenshot-208_zpsf1zwxewd.jpg
    More smoochin'.....Screenshot-205_zpstx9bdl6z.jpg
    there is always time for a pillow fight!Screenshot-201_zpschbcca6o.jpg
    I wish I had pictures of the addition but photobucket ate some of my screenshots!
    Found them, my pictures are soooo out of order!!
    Screenshot-200_zpsza0rnat5.jpg
    Had some fun playing chess with Ethan Bunch (my tweaked Ethan):
    Screenshot-225_zpsn2xmm7om.jpg
    Giggles!!Screenshot-206_zpsc4miqzrj.jpg

forgot to add that when I was playing with my Simself this morning Vladimere and Pearl both went out and got themselves jobs! I cancelled them out quickly...

**what in the world is going on with my pictures?!? Sorry if you can't see some of them, I was organizing over at photobucket and obviously messed with the picture gods.

:( I'm sad I don't get to see them. hopefully you get it fixed.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Ariel0105 wrote: »
    @suzses you Got bellatrix from harry potter!! :p
    Bellatrix.jpg?noCache=1449006685

I'm a Harry Potter fan from far back, and yes, basically I did.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    My husband is thinking of doing the 4x4 as well. :)
    Sookie_54 wrote: »
    My husband is thinking of doing the 4x4 as well. :)

I hope he does. The only thing my husband ever says about Sims things is "I don't get it." LOL

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Sookie_54 , they seem to be showing up now that I reposted them :smiley:
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    @Ariel0105 Congrats on getting member.

@Sookie_54 Lazy taking screenshots? WHAT! You must show us. =D Nice update.

@Charlottesmom That's horrible that you have gotten robbed twice. But at least Vlad and Pearl are making it through it. I like your gardening. What are those plants that are growing, they look different. I thought I owned all the plants in the market.

I have updates! However, I want to wait until I have some more pictures to show! I am very excited about this save. I swear, I haven't had this much fun playing in a while. Its easy to get into the easy mundane make sim, get married, have kids, pick heir get married have kids..... ETC!
    edited December 2015
    @Minx, I have various coffee bean plants the red berry (I think that is what it's called) is very lucrative, between $60 and $100 bucks a pop! I know I have some herbs, tomatoes, lettuce, not sure what else...I could have some wierd ones though as I bought the gardening set from the store and it came with blueberries and a bunch of other plants that I can't remember right now (of course...). It's my old brain....

Okay I looked it up, it was the bohemian garden set and it has the fruits and berries with it, blueberries, black berries, strawberries, peaches, pears, cocoa beans, raspberries think I got them all. I don't think any of those got planted as they were just planting what they found from collecting around town. Not sure if the special ones show up as seeds around town or if I have to buy them at the grocery store.

**I am really glad you are enjoying this challenge, that is a great compliment to a challenge creator! i love that people are having fun with this! :smiley:
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Oooh I want that Bohemian Garden set... lol
    I own that and I could almost swear there are none that look like that. Jasper has some bad news. Probably won't update til tomorrow.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    I got the Bohemian garden set in my mad run of points grabbing and store buying and it has quite a number of plants. I haven't had a chance yet to find out what all because of course the uncommon and rare won't be identifiable until they're grown but in just the common seeds there are blackberries, raspberries and pears. I also have eggplant and cucumbers but I'm thinking those may have come in something else.

I came *this* close to playing with Yogi for a while this evening but ended up loading a different save instead then didn't play them for long before I decided to sort through a box of papers that have been waiting on me for years now. That particular box was my sister's stuff (she's gravely mentally ill and my ward). I was going to have her go through it with me when she was doing better but she's doing much worse again now so I went ahead and got it out of the way. I have so much junk, both hers and mine, I need to get through.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    I think the plants that look "different" are the coffee bean plants (University). The eggplant (and lemon) come with the Al Fresco Street Market. Cucumbers and Corn are included with Brunch at the Old Mill.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »
    I think the plants that look "different" are the coffee bean plants (University). The eggplant (and lemon) come with the Al Fresco Street Market. Cucumbers and Corn are included with Brunch at the Old Mill.

I have both of those too, so I guess I'll see those plants at some point, Julia was my mad gardener, I played her heavily about 3 months ago, she was level 10 gardener and married to Jared who was a fairy. Needless to say their garden was legendary!
    edited December 2015
    This Jerk paparazzi decided to heckle Monique for hours and hours. He wouldn't leave until I finally reset sim. He started before Monique went to sleep and kept going until the next morning when she decided to fight him and declared him her nemesis. Cornelius Vandeen from Lucky Palms standing on the porch after heckling Monique:
    monique%208.jpg

Monique decided to go to the gym for some cardio to burn off the rage.
    monique%2010.jpg
    monique%2011.jpg
    monique%2012.jpg

Then she just *had* to stop at the wishing well:
    monique%2016.jpg

And a bunch of expansions. :)
    monique%209.jpg
    monique%2018.jpg

A little woohoo with Darren Dreamer ;) I'm kind of letting them do what they want but they still aren't going steady...
    monique%2019.jpg

And the latest expansion. Monique has the wish for a butler, so I made a room for one.
    monique%2020.jpg

I have been splitting up my 4x4s as you can kind of tell. I think I'm going to go to 15-20 4x4s. Then I will just free play Monique. :)
    I decide to turn winter back on because my sims always have so much fun!
    Screenshot-233_zpsuozc40ei.jpg
    While they were playing in the snow they had a visitor....Screenshot-235_zpsfcivwyjn.jpg
    Yup, the repo woman! I guess paying bills was not important to Vladimere and Pearl while I was playing with another house this morning!Screenshot-236_zpssf3oqste.jpg
    she got the curtains, phone and alarm clock!
    THIS is what Vlad and Pearl were doing while repo lady was having a ball....yup, making googly eyes at each other!Screenshot-238_zpsayhood8s.jpg
    Vlad's latest artwork...Screenshot-239_zpsblei0ki7.jpg

That's all for now....Sims konked out while Pearl was winning tons of great stuff with the claw machine! :s
    edited December 2015
    THIS is what Vlad and Pearl were doing while repo lady was having a ball....yup, making googly eyes at each other!Screenshot-238_zpsayhood8s.jpg
    It's okay, though, because all they REALLY need is love! <3

• Ariel0105Ariel0105 Posts: 329 Member
    SNOW!!!!! WHERE??? -breathes like a dog excited- heh heh heh heh heh
    amazing-horse-pictures.jpg
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
    What a day for Vlad and Pearl! first off Vlad was playing with the orb of answers, I let him have 5 questions, naturally I had him ask if he would be rich and on the 3rd ask he got the $50,000!! I'm getting rid of the orb though because it could be considered cheating. He and Pearl already had $12,000 saved and added on two additions, expanded the garden bought some fun stuff and redecorated the house then subtracted back down to $500.00 (that hurt!).

Here is the additions:Screenshot-357_zpshxyxtbbp.jpg

So guess what happens for the THIRD time in my brief time playing the 4x4...YUP another friggin' Robber!!!!!! OMG what is wrong with this town and why does everyone decide to rob poor Vlad and Pearl??Screenshot-362_zpsyj7qpn9c.jpg
    Vlad and Pearl were invited to Jeff Gold's party (my CAS version of Jeff Goldblum) he is the host and look at how lovely of a host he is....ZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzz! BTW, it was still winter and Jeff has NO pool!Screenshot-341_zpsh3ovzrkn.jpg

I Love this painting that Vlad did today!Screenshot-320_zpsvccialg0.jpg

Sorry so far away but this is what the house looks like with the 2 new additions.Screenshot-364_zpsvsom5kd6.jpg

I just thought this was a cool picture from stalker me!Screenshot-367_zpslbtjvui0.jpg
    Having fun on their new trampoline.Screenshot-369_zpsttvans98.jpg
    Vlad's cool new car parked next to Pearl's wacko truck.Screenshot-372_zpsghnjd912.jpg

Annnnnd:Screenshot-293_zpscdxbcnnp.jpg

He looks pretty darn happy!Screenshot-292_zpsspjjymdu.jpg

And that concludes today's craziness!
    @Charlottesmom Vlad and Pearl just can't get away from those dang robbers! I always love reading and seeing your updates.

@Ariel0105 You have to have the Seasons EP to get snow, rain, hail, leaves that change color when it is fall, falling leaves, etc.
    @Sookie_54 Lovely updates! Nice expansions

@Charlottesmom Nice update. I thought the claw machine was off limits. (Just wondering. lol)

As for Jasper....

Having a romantic interest move in didn't put a damper on Jasper's escapades. He decided to get busy in the llama and ended up turning into a tragic clown.
    qYEylum.jpg

He was at work when Justine gave birth to their son Parry. He's got mom's skintone and mom's eyes and mom's hair. I'm thinking that he might look more like mom than Maribel does.
    DlSBHLz.jpg

Justine doesn't appear happy about the birth. Now! I remember that Jasper actually went to the hospital with her carrying Maribel.
    xflDpze.jpg

Jasper on a motorcycle.
    8NMPbzo.jpg

JASPER GOT THE AXE!!!! =) First time ever. I now remember that I forgot it at home on his current visit.
    uF6fP1j.jpg

Life for Jasper took a turn after the birth of Parry. Justine's party animal side took over and she needed to throw a party. She invited her estranged husband. And well, things took a natural course.
    jWEgvGk.jpg
    K2uenSF.jpg
    qJbFWIa.jpg

I am only one upgrade away from 10 upgrades.
    VCVwpiH.jpg

When Jasper arrived home, Justine was in the bathroom kissing her husband. She moved back in with him leaving Jasper with the two children. (She's pregnant now with her husband's kid.)
    AnO7odI.jpg

Now, I'm about to show you a picture of Maribel. I don't want anyone to be scared. Remember what her father looks like. The hair style just naturally fit her look. SHE LOOKS SO VERY CREEPY! I swear this little girl could give me nightmares and the outfit? IT FITS!
    o0t3kSp.jpg
    @Sookie_54 I know I just like snow we don't get very much here :)
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
    edited December 2015
    @Minx - that poor, unfortunate child! lol

Edit to add: @Ariel0105 - you may have all of our snow this year!
    i know I hope my little sister didn't see that *looks to see if she's there* Nope! yay no nightmares for her! XD
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
    @Minx I'd love to see a picture of her all grown up because she actually could turn out to be rather pretty.

As to that snow thing? You can have mine too. I had spent well over forty years lamenting the loss of yearly major snowfall after we moved into this valley way back when. Then a few years ago I spent most of the winter near where we originally came from and I learned that I much preferred our usually warmer winters down here. Oh sure, we occasionally get some snow here but rarely anything more than a few inches which usually melts off in pretty short order and even though snow is beautiful to look at we get very weary of it after a week or so. I had to laugh a few years back because my son was always wanting to have real snow that stuck around for a while. After two weeks he'd had enough of it.
    Snow is one of those things that people love to wax poetic about - it has great nostalgia factor - but the reality is... less than fun mostly.
    O_O snow is AWESOME think about it, Snow ball fights snow men (no I dislike frozen my little (5 yr old) sister wants to watch is ALL the time) Sledding snow angels catching snow flakes on your :p and ice skating hockey, snowboarding skiing the works!
    my wishlist
    my wishlist