Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too brave, fined §500

TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
I have one sim at university currently. He's Brave. It's only been a week in the homeworld and 2 days at university, so he hasn't had much time to learn to cook. Second day, making pancakes with a perfect grape, he starts a fire and the alarm goes off. I paused the game immediately and tried to queue him up to extinguish the flames. But it was actually too soon, I had to wait for flames to show. Ok, so finally the flames on the stove appear so I pause again. My sim has just finished stepping away and is about go into full blown "fire!" panic mode when I queue him up to extinguish the flames. That must have canceled in time because he doesn't start that sim fire-panic dance, and instead immediately whips out his personal EA-isssued fire extinguisher and gets started fighting the flames.

He calmly puts out the fire, with dormies freaking out on either side. Doesn't bat an eye. Then I queue him up to make pancakes again. He's almost done when the fire fighter finally shows up. And then....she fines my sim §500 for calling in a false report of a fire! :s

I've never had that happen before. Lesson learned: Let it burn! At least for a while. Next time I'll let my sims panic for a bit before trying to extinguish the flames. It's not worth §500 to put it out early. Luckily my sim is Handy and pursuing the Technology degree. That stove won't be a problem anymore, and he got credit for upgrading it. Then the next day it was quite dirty and he wanted to make it self-cleaning. :|

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    It happens all the time.

If it burns you usually get insurance but have to pay to replace the stove. Either way you usually lose.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Yup, happens to me a lot. One of my families, the husband is a firefighter, so when ever his wife sets to stove on fire, he puts it out. The fire truck will show up and the firefighter will rush in, and of course, there's no fire. So far they have been fined four times. LOL
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• ErinRosadoErinRosado Posts: 77 Member
    That's kinda funny. I'm not much of a fan of the firefighters in Sims 3. When I had a house fire, and my Sim was the only adult home, she died because my game was glitching out, and the firefighters were basically standing at the front door until like three days after she had died.
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    @TreyNutz I think I got this one time and @ErinRosado I'm not a huge fan of them either, especially at university where the kitchens are incredibly small in the dorms and the dorms always have at least 8 students in there. I nearly had an entire dorm wiped out because the fire fighter couldn't actually get to the fire. Wish it was possible to have sprinklers in the dorms as none of the students have any cooking skill levels and unless you're in the dorms on Henry St (I think that's the one that has the Festus in it - I always room there with my sims), a fire is going to start.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    The stove turned out to be fine; my sim put out the fire early enough that it did not need to be replaced. So I was lucky there. Lately I have been using the food synthesizer instead of a stove in the dorm. I have yet to see a fire break out with that, even in the dorms. For this story though I wanted to wait until my sim ran into them in Oasis Landing.
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I've had this happen with the burglar as well. My brave sim will beat them up and they leave, but the police get there late and now I'm fined. It's rough when it's a brand new family because they don't have enough money to begin with. I start all my Sims diet broke and homeless. (Except this last save I started.) I wonder if you don't have money if they will take your stuff like the maid.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    As soon as my Sims can afford it I give them an expensive stove and I rarely get stove fires. In my current game I've gone around town and one of the things I've done in just about every house is to get them a better stove and fridge.

Burglars are a bit more random though. The only thing I can do is give the family a burglar alarm and hope they get caught before they take too much stuff.
  • ErinRosadoErinRosado Posts: 77 Member
    Clearly what we need to do is have a Sim work up the political career and start making changes in government and change how the police and fire departments are run. :lol:
  • SOLARTONEZSOLARTONEZ Posts: 119 Member
    Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea.