Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you doing this Christmas?

SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
slightly early I know but I thought it would be a fun topic to start :) So as the title says, what are you doing this Christmas? Oh and also, when are you doing your Christmas shopping?

This year my Gran and Grandad are coming to my house and are staying over from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day :) it should be nice as they haven't stayed over for about three or four years now. And luckily I have gotten everything for Christmas for everyone in my family, except for my mother. I did most of my shopping in town this year, which is strange because I rarely go out :) At the end of November my father and I are finishing my mother's Christmas shopping and then I'll be all ready and set for Christmas. And I'll also be leaving the forum probably between the 15th and 20th December :)

What about you guys? :)

Comments

• Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    The usual.
    I plan to dye my beard white and put on some red clothes. Then I shall invade people's homes through their chimneys at night, eat their cookies, use their bathroom, leave them presents and then fly away on Rudolph- the reindeer who had too much egg nog.
  • Options
    Ha, ha, ha :) That reminds me of somebody... ;)
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    We don't celebrate chritmas but I reckon I'll be at my parent's house since the day is off.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    We don't celebrate chritmas but I reckon I'll be at my parent's house since the day is off.

That's nice. I hope you'll have lots of fun! :)
    I also hope you're feeling better today :)

Love and hugs <3
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Sennie wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »

That's nice. I hope you'll have lots of fun! :)
    I also hope you're feeling better today :)

Love and hugs <3

Hey thanks! I am feeling better. :)

We celebrate new year's though. I feel like those two are tied together. I hope the family stays home this year cause otherwise I'll be spending it alone.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    @Simpkin

Oh I hope they do stay with you :) I don't think anyone should really be alone, especially at Christmas! :) I celebrate New Years as well, usually we watch DVDs on New Years Eve. I hope you have fun whatever happens :)

And I'm glad you're feeling better :)

Hugs <3
  • Options
    HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    I'm not really a holiday person so I doubt I'll be doing anything special. Probably just watching movies and sipping tea or hot cocoa. :smiley:
    I thought about going to my mother's place but the public transport goes so weird and it would be too expensive.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    This year my Gran and Grandad are coming to my house and are staying over from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day :)
    You sound so delightfully British! :D I have no idea if you are, but oh my goodness. I can picture you sipping tea by the fire reading that! <3

What am I doing for Christmas? Good question. As I have mentioned before, the Mr. and I bought our first house together in April, so I have a suspicion that we will stay home and enjoy the holidays together, since our first wedding anniversary is December 6th also. We will visit our parents during the day, but hibernate at home in the evening. Probably pop in National Lampoon or Elf and snuggle up on the couch.

I started my Christmas shopping two weeks ago, and 99% is online shopping, which I am thrilled about. I love the Christmas season, but battling the crazies in the stores gives me anxiety. But we will be getting our Christmas tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving--Mr. Haids and his cousin are headed to the wilderness to chop one down, Griswold-style. Ho ho ho!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    This year my Gran and Grandad are coming to my house and are staying over from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day :)
    You sound so delightfully British! :D I have no idea if you are, but oh my goodness. I can picture you sipping tea by the fire reading that! <3

What am I doing for Christmas? Good question. As I have mentioned before, the Mr. and I bought our first house together in April, so I have a suspicion that we will stay home and enjoy the holidays together, since our first wedding anniversary is December 6th also. We will visit our parents during the day, but hibernate at home in the evening. Probably pop in National Lampoon or Elf and snuggle up on the couch.

I started my Christmas shopping two weeks ago, and 99% is online shopping, which I am thrilled about. I love the Christmas season, but battling the crazies in the stores gives me anxiety. But we will be getting our Christmas tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving--Mr. Haids and his cousin are headed to the wilderness to chop one down, Griswold-style. Ho ho ho!

Ah it's noticeable is it? I am British yes, as I type this I'm sat by our living room fireplace but I don't have a tea. I don't drink tea ;)

Ohhhh that sounds so nice that you and your husband are going to be spending Christmas together :) And also your first wedding anniversary being so close to Christmas is very romantic too! :) I have Elf on DVD as well and always get out all Christmas DVDs just before Christmas, I love my Christmas DVDs :)

I started my shopping a few weeks ago as well :) Surprisingly I was in one of my going out states which was good (sadly I'm staying indoors again at the moment. Hopefully I'll get going out again soon :) ). I love the Christmas season as well but am dreading going Christmas shopping with my father at the end of November. Shoppers become crazy and mad when it's almost Christmas. They start shoving and causing massive lines in the stores *shudder*
    Of course my father's car has to pass its MOT this coming Tuesday for us to get there (he has another car but for some reason I only travel in the un-MOTd one). It went in for MOT last Tuesday but sadly both front brake calipers leaked :'( Be brought new calipers for £208 which means this Tuesday it won't fail, yay!

Wow your husband chops a tree down in the wilderness? Cool :) I think we're getting an artificial one.

I hope you and your husband will have a super Christmas this year! :)
  • Options

I hope you and your husband will have a super Christmas this year! :)
    You are adorable! Thank you, you too!

• Options
    I love the Christmas season as well but am dreading going Christmas shopping with my father at the end of November. Shoppers become crazy and mad when it's almost Christmas. They start shoving and causing massive lines in the stores *shudder*
    Right?! Tis the season to be jolly, but people can be so rude during the holiday season! There are all these horrible stories about people getting trampled and beaten and all that. Goodwill towards men, shoppers!
    Of course my father's car has to pass its MOT this coming Tuesday for us to get there (he has another car but for some reason I only travel in the un-MOTd one). It went in for MOT last Tuesday but sadly both front brake calipers leaked :'( Be brought new calipers for £208 which means this Tuesday it won't fail, yay!
    Is the MOT like an American emissions test--making sure everything is functioning properly and that the car isn't producing too much carbon monoxide?
  • Options
    @Haids5987 I'm not familiar with the American tests but the UK one they test the emission as you said :) my father's car only just passed the emission test, it almost failed on it but thankfully just passed. His car had been sat still for three years. They also drove it on to a ramp which rose the car up so they could check underneath it. The conditions under the car were fine. I was glad about that because three weeks ago it wasn't fine and me and my father were underneath the car cleaning it all up and repairing any damages :)
    After that the car was positioned over two silver spinning things so that the front wheels were on them. The brakes were activated with some sort of stick as the metal wheels spun. This test was to apply as much pressure on the front brakes as possible. Unfortunately this is what failed the MOT. After that test the car was driven forwards and there was brake fluid on the ground where the front calipers had leaked :( My father and I weren't shocked. For the past month we had been trying to make the front calipers fluid tight. We hoped the repairs we had made worked, they hadn't. The car only failed on the front calipers, when we returned home we brought two new front calipers and they arrived today which means when we fit them to the car on Sunday, come Tuesday it'll pass the MOT :D

I hope that makes sense :)

Hugs <3
  • Options
    Ugh, I hate cars. My husband is a diesel mechanic, so he loves them. But to me they're expensive and I don't speak their language!! Sorry to hear your dad's car is having trouble. When that happens to me I just get frustrated and smoke starts coming out my nose, but Mr. Haids gets all excited and is like, "Challenge accepted!"
  • Options
    Ugh, I hate cars. My husband is a diesel mechanic, so he loves them. But to me they're expensive and I don't speak their language!! Sorry to hear your dad's car is having trouble. When that happens to me I just get frustrated and smoke starts coming out my nose, but Mr. Haids gets all excited and is like, "Challenge accepted!"

My father's the exact same. If something goes wrong he's straight out there to fix it :) whereas I think to myself, I should be playing Sims not repairing a car ;)
  • Options
    Speaking of Sims and holidays, I'm still new here--do we have Christmas trees and holiday stuff for our Sims yet? :)
  • Options
    I haven't played Sims 4 for a while now, but I believe we do have some Christmas content yes :) I'm hoping we'll get some more via a patch this December as well though.
  • Options
    TheDinorhinoTheDinorhino Posts: 618 Member
    Going on holiday to a warm place.

Other than that, probably stay home and eat lots of food.
    Hello, good evening and welcome! My name is TheDinorhino but you can call me Dino for short. I love playing The Sims, especially designing and building within the game. Check out my YouTube channel if you want:https://youtube.com/channel/UCh16nY5NDnDUqzwTl0LC9Fg
    Origin ID: TheDinorhino
  • Options
    soccergirl0426soccergirl0426 Posts: 135 Member
    I will end up baking cookies with my little cousins and going to midnight mass (even though at my church, midnight mass is at 10 o'clock). I will do some shopping on Black Friday, and then some more shopping at the last minute.
  • Options
    ...and going to midnight mass (even though at my church, midnight mass is at 10 o'clock).
    I am not Catholic, but I would absolutely love to go to a midnight mass on Christmas Eve. I bet it's very spiritual and warm feeling. <3

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Speaking of Sims and holidays, I'm still new here--do we have Christmas trees and holiday stuff for our Sims yet? :)

Yes, there is a Holiday Celebration Pack which was released in December of 2014. You can find it under Add-Ons & Bonuses in Origin.
    It's a free download, and it has some decorations, including a tree, and it also has a few CAS items, like holiday-themed sweaters and hats. :)