Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dim Sims ISBI 7/28

pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
I wanted to start my own ISBI story since they're really crazy and FUNNY!

Thank you to @Lynnwood for posting this for Sims 4. I'm following her rules HERE, although not sure if I'm going to score points. I like the idea of the play. I've never been one to count points.

This will be told in the ISBI style because the sims are just so plumming funny, you have to comment on them and interact with your TH.

So...without further ado, let's get started!

Here are the chapters for those who like to read without interruption. Chapter 1 is underneath the Table of Contents:

Here are the chapters:

***Chapters***

Gen ONE

Chapter One

Chapter Two

Chapter Three

Chapter Four

a%20divan.jpg

Chapter 1.1

Divan Rex is your typical gifted sim with the typical dramatic past. Raised by his doctor (and philandering) father, Duke Rex in Oasis Springs, Divan was plopped in a boarding school and left to his own devices.

As dashingly handsome as his father, and gifted, he gravitated toward the ladies (or did they gravitate to him?) Happy go lucky with an adventurous spirit, Divan didn't let his home life get him down (because he had no idea what had happened to his mother. She could have been one out of five women, but his father would never tell him who she was.) He met a beautiful girl his senior year, Kaila Cooper, and ran away with her before they graduated. Afterwards, he earned his pilot's license and flew around the world. The two lovebirds were going to get married, but Divan couldn't keep the ladies from sticking to him like flies on stink, so he gave in to these temptations and lost Kaila forever. He wishes he could get her back, but knows it is hopeless.

So, he decided to move out of town, away from bad memories and start fresh in Newcrest.

Running downtown, Divan whistles to himself as he jogs up the street. He feels he has everything. Well, almost everything. Um, well, he actually doesn’t have anything except all the skills in the world, 30 changes of clothes, and a green needs meter. That’s all a sim wants...right?

a%20divan2.jpg

(I think you need a home, Divan. And a job. Let’s work on that, please, because once you get a family...it’s going to be hard to watch.)

“Okay, Person-who-I-can’t-see-but-stalkerly-knows-everything-about-me-and-I-can-hear-every-word-inside-my-head,” Divan whispers, loudly. “I get it. I’m not plum. Just let me think...” he ponders, rubbing the cute adorable stubble on his chin. Raising his finger in the air, he shouts, “I’ve got it! I’m a genius, so I think I should become a scientist.”

(Good idea! Then I won’t have to watch your family pee themselves all day! Wee!)

“What family?” he asks, shrugging.

(NVM...)

So with $20,000 simoleons burning a large sized hole in his sims sized pocket, he finds a starter home just for an astronaut...I mean scientist. Yeah. (Shh...don’t tell him it looks like a giant rocketship from above. He’ll never know!)

Screenshot_1.jpg

Divan settles onto his couch and turns on the t.v. “I’m so smart for picking out this sci fi place,” Divan says to no one in particular since he is very alone.

Screenshot_2.jpg

(Does that ring a bell for you, Divan? Alone? You need a partner! A new love!
And you can’t do it sitting here admiring your new, very small place.)

“But I love it here...let me just play a few video games at least.”

(Urgh! Sims...they cannot NOT play on the computer. You take them to a new place and look away for even a second and wham! They’re on the computer in the basement.)

Screenshot_13.jpg

(Fifteen sim hours later...)

Screenshot_13.jpg

(Okay, flyboy, it’s time to go to the park to meet someone! And I have a leetle surprise for you!)

“Fine,” Divan says, rising up from the computer. “But this place better have a total immersion, 3D gaming system or you’re going to see orange.”

(It’s a park. P A R K! It has birds and trees and a few chess sets.)

***Divan glares***

(Okay, I’ll make sure it has some interesting stuff in it. Now go!)
When he arrives, the poor boy is red hot hungry, so he eats from one of the buffets in the park that miraculously has a whole plethora of his favorite dishes all steamy hot for him and ready to eat.

“Mmm...almond macaroons...” Crunch, crunch...

Screenshot_12.jpg

Time is ticking down and the sim I want him to meet is about to leave!

So, he finally decides to go upstairs to the dance floor and get his groove on.

(I’m wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans, hoping things go well!)

Once he arrives, he stammers, “Wh-Wha...What the...is that really YOU?”

Screenshot_11.jpg

(Yep. None other than Kaila Cooper in the pixels. Your old flame. Now let’s see if you can grovel long and hard enough to win her over, Divan!)

“Yes, it’s me, Divan. Hi, “ Kaila says with a smile. “How’ve you been?”

Unfortunately, Kaila is too nice to him and Divan decides to put on the cheese...I mean...charm. “Well, I’m doing great. I’m a scientist, you know. And I live in the most amazing place. You should stop by. We could talk about...old times.” He arches one eyebrow and puts on his best smoldering look.

Screenshot_9.jpg

Without thinking (because that’s what you’d hope from the hero of your story), he blasts rose petals at her, hoping to use his enchantments and magically erase all the heartache and treachery he’s put her through while they lived together almost eight years ago.

Screenshot_4.jpg

And it works!

Divan’s eyes widen in disbelief. So he asks her out.

Screenshot_5.jpg

“You wouldn’t want to go out with me to the Fairy Temple tomorrow night, would you?”

Screenshot_7.jpg

She smirks. “Not even if a Sixamian pointed a freeze ray at me and threatened to turn me blue.”

(Ugh. ***smacks head***)

Screenshot_6.jpg

Poor dejected Divan goes downstairs, almost mortified and definitely embarrassed.

“Uh...Creator? What IS all this crap?”

Screenshot_14.jpg

(Never you mind what it is. Just gather up the fruits and sell them if you want to live in more than a tiny spacecraft all your life.)

“Spacecraft?”

(Just do it!)

Unfortunately, instead of working like I asked, he finds the gaming system in the back of the park and plays R.E.F.U.G.E.

Screenshot_15.jpg

And I must say, he looks plum good doing it.

Screenshot_16.jpg

(OMG...what is happening to that poor lady behind you, Divan? She’s about to catch on fire!!)

Screenshot_17.jpg

“Can’t stop. Zombies attacking.”

(Luckily for your conscience, she blew herself out. Good night, Divan.)

But he didn’t hear me.

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14995487/#Comment_14995487
iTvMKZ8.jpg
Post edited by pammiechick on

Comments

• sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    hahaha! This was fun. All these isbi's! I didn't even realize what they were until recently. They make me want to do one, they look like so much fun and torment, lol.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Julyvee94 Thanks for reading! I've found in playing that they don't interact outside the home much because the TH is cleaning up or just trying to survive. It's been REALLY interesting so far. Very fun.

@sabreene I read my first one last year and always wanted to do one. They are very fun and challenging at the same time. So much different than the usual play. You should try!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    @pammiechick The few I've read now (yours among them!) always starts off with a guy. Is that the rule? I suppose I should actually read the rules, lol. Though even if it's not, it would be a fun change!
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    @pammiechick Hahaha! It's funny! I love your crazy scientist and your story :D<3 Maybe I'll try this challenge myself, but I don't know when... I'd like also try Build Newcrest challenge and Legacy challenge, so it's really hard to say when I'll do that :/

@sabreene I don't think it's a rule that you need to start with a guy. Personally I like to play more with male characters than with female and write about male characters too, it's just closer to my nature and to me, so I already know my starter will be also a guy, if I'll start this challenge :)
    edited November 2015
    @sabreene Yeah, I don't think it's a rule. It's coincidence that I used Divan. I think I chose him because he's easy to make fun of because he's such a womanizer. And what is going to happen to his family is kind of funny. All ISBI's are hilarious because these poor sims don't know how to take care of themselves very well. That's the point, I guess. If I'd used Kaila, I'd feel more sorry for her as the TH.

@roseinblack69 So glad you like it! It's a big change from what I usually do, but I find it easier to play. Usually I play a legacy for fun but that got boring, so this had some different action to it I find intriguing when I just want to play and not "stage" like I have to do with my other stories. I'm more of a director in those. It's great fun! I'd love to try the Build Newcrest challenge, but that will dictate a true storyline and there's another challenge I'd like to do instead--the I'm a Lover challenge. That has a storyline made within the challenge! That is definitely next on my list. I'd have to end one of my other challenges, though.

Thank you so much for reading!!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    This is so funny! Divan is adorable, no womder the ladies are into him :D

To advocate the BuildNewcrest challenge, I find that I've been able to inject plenty of storylines into it within the scope of the challenge :) In fact, you have a lot of free reign because you get to decide on their third trait and their aspiration. Sure, there's the generational task you need to complete, but if you found it really restrictive you could just swap out generations and do them in a different order as needed - I've thought of that a fair amount, but so far the tasks have been working well for the particular heirs.
    @pammiechick I also thought about the I'm Lover challenge, I think it should be amazing :) Once I wrote the whole list which challenges I'd like to try :D I guess I'll make a decision in time :) Now I'm in that period, when I miss simple playing, but I also want to see the storyline there :D I'm glad I found this challenge and I'll can read your and other stories about insane sims (I always liked insane sims :) ), I guess I'll learn a lot about it together with you all :)

@ThePlumbob I am sure it's really fun to write and play the Build Newcrest challenge, especially when you are such poor builder like me, so it should help to learn many things about the building :) That's what I think about it, but maybe I''m wrong ;)
    edited November 2015
    This is so funny! Divan is adorable, no womder the ladies are into him :D

To advocate the BuildNewcrest challenge, I find that I've been able to inject plenty of storylines into it within the scope of the challenge :) In fact, you have a lot of free reign because you get to decide on their third trait and their aspiration. Sure, there's the generational task you need to complete, but if you found it really restrictive you could just swap out generations and do them in a different order as needed - I've thought of that a fair amount, but so far the tasks have been working well for the particular heirs.

Ohh...you're sooo tempting! I am a builder, too--even have my own building competition. It IS on my list. And I adore all the Newcrest stories. So, you don't stage your storylines? I stage ALL of the Tribe Wahine and Harry Horrid storylines. I think of plot then stage. With this, I follow these silly sims along and see what kind of messes they get into themselves, so it frees me up. If I ever stop my building challenge, I'll do the Newcrest challenge. That might happen at the end of this year. :)

@roseinblack69 Would love to see whatever you choose next! That's what I did with ISBI. Been following them for a while and now I'm at a point where I could squeeze it into my play schedule.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited November 2015
    @pammiechick thank you very much for your support and interest <3 I'm always very glad when I find your new stories or updates :) Besides, I thought maybe it would be great to start some thread where we could discuss about how we play and write our stories? I don't know maybe here is already such thread, so it's just an idea :)
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @roseinblack69 Give it a go! It definitely helps improve building skills :)

@pammiechick Funnily enough I don't consider myself a builder at all - I can do it, but I don't really enjoy it as much. A part of the reason why I started this challenge is because I wanted to force myself to do more building.

I'd say 80% of what happens in my story is just authentic gameplay and 20% might be staged to some degree, maybe even less. And even those staged bits are based on the characters' personalities, it keeps things fun for me. I like to let my characters determine the story and then make up the reasons later. But I always admire people who come up with their entire storylines and stage it all, it must take a great deal of creativity and discipline at the same time.
    edited November 2015
    @ThePlumbob I'll try it one day :)

You know I have storyline only for my amazons story, but I started to write this story without any storyline, ideas for my amazons came much later. As I love history very much I started to write about amazons like historical story and I really like it. But I write totally different my other two stories. I guess it's more similar to your style, @ThePlumbob... :) But I feel how storyline comes there, especially when you start feel your every character... It's really great feeling :)
    @roseinblack69 There is a thread for writer's to share their craft. Here it is: The Writer's Lounge
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • EgewinhEgewinh Posts: 72 Member
    @pammiechick I love this! As I'm sure you probably figured out, I'm a big ISBI fan and this is very entertaining. Divan is an interesting Sim too and I like his looks ;)
    Siggy.png

ISBI - Posh Life. Meet Cash Snobbington
    Awesome @Egewinh ! Glad you like it and thank you SO much for reading. I'm enjoying the ISBI ride. Ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • EgewinhEgewinh Posts: 72 Member
    Oh yes, it's a crazy roller coaster at times. Just having to take care of everything with your TH only and everyone causes huge messes is a challenge in itself lol
    Siggy.png

ISBI - Posh Life. Meet Cash Snobbington
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    I haven't gotten a chance to read yet, but I'm glad you've started your own ISBI @pammiechick Good luck! :D I'll add you to the ISBI list.
    @Lynnwood wrote: »
    I haven't gotten a chance to read yet, but I'm glad you've started your own ISBI @pammiechick Good luck! :D I'll add you to the ISBI list.

Awesome! Thank you!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick - LMAO "Can't stop, zombies attacking."

Yes Divan, the struggle is real.

I like where this is going, looking forward to updates. Reading this made me think of something . . . being in a GTW career with your TH means your other sims are left on the lot, and the game then takes care of them for you (with the Care for Self) option . . . does that seem cheat-y to anyone else? If so, however, I dunno what a good fix would be. You HAVE to attend the job with your sim or you'd never advance in the career. And moving them off the Care for Self option would be far too much of a penalty because then they don't see to their needs at all. Hrm . . . something to consider.
    @Lynnwood wrote: »
    @pammiechick - LMAO "Can't stop, zombies attacking."

Yes Divan, the struggle is real.

I like where this is going, looking forward to updates. Reading this made me think of something . . . being in a GTW career with your TH means your other sims are left on the lot, and the game then takes care of them for you (with the Care for Self) option . . . does that seem cheat-y to anyone else? If so, however, I dunno what a good fix would be. You HAVE to attend the job with your sim or you'd never advance in the career. And moving them off the Care for Self option would be far too much of a penalty because then they don't see to their needs at all. Hrm . . . something to consider.

I don't know what a good fix is...unless you barred people from using GTW jobs...but I'd do it anyway. I have NEVER advanced any sim all the way through the career and I'd love to do it. Maybe I could do it every other generation. So the next gen would not be allowed to do a GTW job and then I'd have to experience watching the sims try to take care of themselves without the TH. Not like he helps all that much, I've observed. Even when he calls them to a meal, they'll many times just look at the plate of food and not grab it.

***Please note--I'm doing this for fun so I'm not scoring points, if that helps. But for others who want to score points, a GTW job might keep the failure total rate lower. Not sure. I do know my TH has had lots of failures from the GTW job. It lowers their energy/needs quite a bit more than other jobs.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Oh I'd never bar people from the GTW jobs, or any other aspect of the game. If it's legal in the game (not using 3rd party MODs) then it should be legal in the ISBI challenge.

Also, always always ALWAAAAAYS play however you need to in order to have fun. I didn't pose the question here in an attempt to try and rules-lawyer you. I apologize PROFUSELY if that's how it was taken. I just happened to think of it while I was posting my comment and it attached itself.

I've always been a firm believer in enjoying your game however you need to (that's the whole reason of playing, right?) so if you decide you want to change something in the rules for your game then you go right ahead. :P
    @Lynnwood I didn't think you were policing. Ha! But I think it's a valid question! And I want to get the full experience of the challenge.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @roseinblack69 There is a thread for writer's to share their craft. Here it is: The Writer's Lounge

@pammiechick thanks for the answer, I didn't know it :)
    edited November 2015
    Chapter 1.2

Divan’s first day at work is going well. He’s already made friends with the robot, Krod.

Screenshot_21.jpg

And just like that, he gets a promotion!

Screenshot_22.jpg

(Way to go, Divan!)

He shines his fingernails on his jacket. “I AM a genius, you know.”

(Yeah, and humble, I can see. But you still have another job to do that you AREN’T doing well at.)

“Aw, do you have to bring up Kaila again? You’re like a broken, annoying record.” He puts his fingers in his ears. “I wish I could pull you out of here.”

(Stop trying. You’ll never get rid of me. Well, I take that back. Once you have a kid and they grow up to YA, THEN you can get rid of me.)

Divan’s eyes pop like a blowfish. “REALLY? Well, what are you waiting for? Transport me to the nearest park and let me get my smolder going.”

(Sigh...)

(Oh! DIVAN! There’s several girls outside your house. GO!)

He scrambles outside, stops, preens his hair then sets his smolder.

(Ugh.)

“Hi,” he says in a sultry voice to the beautiful blonde woman in pink. “Are you spying on me?”

Screenshot_25.jpg

She bats her eyelashes and says, “I’m not, but should I be? You do look like you’re up to no good.”

Screenshot_24.jpg

(Yeah, it’s cheesy, but hey, he’s reeling her in like a pro bass fisherman! Keep it up, Divan!)

But then the girl does the potty dance. Huh boy.

Screenshot_26.jpg

(Divan, you better let her go to the bathroom...)

“Not now, Creator,” Divan says, “Go away! I’ve got this.”

“Got whom?” the girl asks.

“Uh, um,” Divan stammers. Then wham! He blasts rose petals at her.

***smacks head*** (When will that boy learn?)

Screenshot_23.jpg

“You, my little chickadee,” Divan says in a husky voice, reaching for her.

Her lip curls up like she smells a dead rat. “Ew, no. What ARE you doing?”

Screenshot_27.jpg

She slaps him and storms away.

He pats his burning cheek. “That didn’t go so well.”

(That, my plummy little boy, is an understatement. Now will you listen to me and stop it with that enchantment thing? The spell only lasts for two seconds and then they come to their senses.)

“Oh...all right. So, what should I do now?” Divan asks, wiping his sunglasses. I have no idea why since the sun is going down.

(I have a plan. Go to the Fairy Temple. There you can play the piano. You know girls love musicians. Maybe you’ll be like the Pied Piper and they’ll get all mesmerized by your talent. That might conceal...er...your weaknesses.)

“Weaknesses? That hurts.” But he listens and walks to the Temple. It’s a wonderful nightclub with every amenity—perfect for romance!

Divan finds the piano and tickles the ivories like a master. I could listen to him all day!

Screenshot_32.jpg

He smiles wickedly and says, “I heard that.”

Screenshot_33.jpg

(Shut up and play. I think someone is coming!)

Looking around, Divan sees no one and continues to play a rhapsody. As the sun sets, the items around him glow.

(Divan, although this is really nice, no one is coming. You better get downstairs. That’s where everyone is.)

So Divan settles himself at a table looking awkwardly alone until the girl in pink suddenly walks up.

Screenshot_35.jpg

“Her name is Vicki, Creator, not the-girl-in-pink.” He rolls his eyes.

(How do you know?)

“Because I watched the stars with her. You just didn’t show it because you wanted me to look bad. I thought Creators were supposed to be perfect.”

Screenshot_28.jpg

(That’s THE Creator. I’m not the One and Only. He’s perfect. I’m just a lowly, simple...oh forget it. Just deal, okay?)

“Hi, Vicki,” Divan says, feeling a little embarrassed about how things went earlier.

“Hey, Divan,” she says, smiling sheepishly. “Just wanted to let you know that I’m married, so no hard feelings about...um...what happened. Okay?”

Screenshot_36.jpg

“Uh, yeah, sure...” Divan glares up at me. “Married? You could have told me!”

(What? I didn’t know! You think I know everything? I’m not omniscient. I can’t read into every townies’ relationship panel. Sorry, dude! You’re on your own half the time here.)

Frustrated, Divan saunters up the stairs back to the piano and plays by himself until his energy meter turns red and I force him to go home.

Screenshot_34.jpg

He struck out again! And his adult birthday is only days away.
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Aww... Poor Divan :( But he is too cute to be alone, are you blind all, ladies? :/