Fresh off the press - the April 13 Laundry List! Click here
to find out more!
April 16 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here
Sul sul Simmers! It's awesim to see that so many of you are starting new and interesting discussions! But please make sure that you do so in the right forum section. Thank you! 🙂
Return to top
String Table Locale Codes (Resource type 0x220557da)
I was asked to provide the locale codes used for the string table resources. So here those are, along with a quick overview of this resource type:
- The file format is included in the official guide
- The key for these resources has the format
220557da : GGGGGGGG : LLIIIIIIIIIIIIII
* 0x220557da is the resource type.
* GGGGGGGG is the group. For Maxis authored content this will be 0. For Mods it is recommended that you set it to 0x80000000 to avoid conflicts with Maxis content.
* LL is the locale code, which is placed in the top byte of the Instance.
* IIIIIIIIIIIIIII is the remainder of the instance, which should be unique to avoid conficts with other user created Mods.
- The locale codes are as follows:
0x00 : "ENG_US"
0x02 : "CHT_CN"
0x03 : "CZE_CZ"
0x04 : "DAN_DK"
0x05 : "DUT_NL"
0x06 : "FIN_FI"
0x07 : "FRE_FR"
0x08 : "GER_DE"
0x0b : "ITA_IT"
0x0c : "JPN_JP"
0x0d : "KOR_KR"
0x0e : "NOR_NO"
0x0f : "POL_PL"
0x11 : "POR_BR"
0x12 : "RUS_RU"
0x13 : "SPA_ES"
0x15 : "SWE_SE"