Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sanders Architects - Builds by MDianaSanders

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks @OJenn @StSciurus and @rosemow :)

I updated my index, and there's a recent build I still haven't showcased, so I may do that later tonight, or tomorrow. I still have to take screenshots of it, add comments and post it. It is already listed in the index.

I've used one of my "Reserved" slots to list my building guides - I know rosemow has already found them, and listed them in the Building Tips and Tutorials Thread, but I thought I'd dedicate a section of my showcase to them as well. Click here to see the section in this thread or directly go to the Building Guides page on my Simblr.

And I promised some images of Poplar Close in its entirety, so here they are:
    1zby1i.jpg
    fxa4jr.jpg
    2wc4q4h.jpg
    tumblr_o5mvxeCW9B1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    2qa2x4n.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    That is just wonderful!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your neighbourhood looks so very nice with your homes together in it! :) The houses complement each other so very well! It is nice seeing the screenshots of them together in the world .
    It is very kind and thougtful of you to create building guides for the game to help fellow simmers. Your plan to write a guide a month is great! Thankyou for your kindness and helpfullness to the simmimg community in writing these guides :)
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @MDianaSanders - Would you mind if players used your homes as shells for my Rebuilding Worlds Challenge? I'd like to mention you there for people since your builds are so great!
    Thanks all! :)
    @OJenn Feel free to use/recommend my builds. One of the main reasons I share my creations is so they're actually used, since I rarely use them myself.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Lovely neighbourhood with beautiful family homes. Great architectures. :)
    I said I still had a build left I hadn't showcased before. It actually is my example build from the Warehouse building guide.

Warehouse Loft 2 - residential; 30x20; 2 bed; 3 bath; 97.383

I actually made this one in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't really bother to adjust the funiture colours. Although it works quite nicely.
    The front (hardly impressive):
    v7z3wakgpoou.jpg
    The back - I know it's a bit bare, but I had a budget I needed to stick to:
    el717dh2wlfn.jpg
    Ground floor plan:
    8aa2b495zolo.jpg
    First floor plan (the bit on the right in this image ;)):
    odalunv9sihg.jpg
    Second floor plan (again, on the right):
    iievtaveizsh.jpg
    Kitchen/dining:
    xyw1u6b0pftt.jpg
    Living:
    ojq0kmgkmtkl.jpg
    Bar/reading nook (and the door to the toilet):
    6jm72ptcqbbt.jpg
    Art studio:
    oc6s3j2kxhrj.jpg
    4xl60uwzeyca.jpg
    Bedroom 1 (first floor):
    8i4ny6qp5rdi.jpg
    Bedroom 2 (second floor):
    qx71wbvr2lg8.jpg
    Outside:
    kqsxqtb8zigx.jpg
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Your warehouse loft is really cool, Diana! I like how you step down into the art studio area and that the rooms are true lofts so you can see all the action taking place below on the main floor. Even spy on Don Lothario while he's going potty. ;) MUAHAHAHAHAHA Very awesome and creative build!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    Warehouse Loft 2 looks great! :) It looks very nice how the dome windows are placed in the front and back exteriors of the build. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the outdoors grill and eating the food at the picnic table in the sunshine. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The loft areas look great! The wall texture suits the type of home well. Very nice kitchen area.The type of and placement of the kitchen cabinets to create the fridge and stove/sink nooks looks very nice. Nice bar stool counter for sims to sit and enjoy eating a meal. The wall knives, hanging pans and mugs rack are nice kitchen touches there. The wooden dining table looks nice, with a number of seats either side for many sims to enjoy eating meals together. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meal. Very nice tv watching nook. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sofas there watching tv with sunshine coming in through the windows. Very nice armchairs reading nook area. The sunflowers look sunny on the table between the chairs. The sunken art studio looks very great! Sims will enjoy painting on the easels and at the same time enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. The art decor looks great there! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. Nice study desks and computer desk tables in the rooms. The sunflowers bedhead wall picture and the sunflowers on the dresser in bedroom one are sunny for sims to see when waking in the mornings.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • YaraZenYaraZen Posts: 97 Member
    The Warehouse Loft looks amazing, I absolutely like the different levels and how it feels so "nested". Don't know how to explain it but I like the structure and how the different areas interact and work as a whole. Very lovely work. :)
    Showcase-thread: YaraZen's Creations
    Apologies for any mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
    Thanks all :) I'm glad you like the warehouse so much. I've got something new, a starter home in Windenburg.

4 Old Shipwright Court - 20x20; 2 bed; 2 bath; 18.482; GT; NoCC; NoMOO; play tested

The front of the house, a Tudor style house, obviously, we are talking about Windenburg.
    123ppbr.jpg
    It's a bit bare around the back, but I had to fit a two storey home with two bedrooms and two bathrooms into a starter budget.
    2efpc1z.jpg
    Plan of the ground floor.
    28vrpjs.jpg
    First floor plan.
    2cdoyf.jpg
    Kitchen, very rustic and brown ;).
    21435hu.jpg
    Living room (with easel).
    ea47cx.jpg
    The dining area, I couldn't fit it into the kitchen, so I made it part of the living room.
    10zpzqc.jpg
    And for want of space I've decided to place the computer on the landing.
    qzlqpd.jpg
    The parents' bedroom, rather on the small side, but it works.
    qrnlli.jpg
    Kid's bedroom, I've chosen a fairly neutral colour scheme, so it can be used for either boy or girl.
    260dcp2.jpg
    Due to limited space indoors I've placed the Don't Wake the Llama table outside.
    a9qlg1.jpg
    4 Old Shipright Court is a very nice Tuder style starter ! :) The design of the exterior looks very nice! Very nice roofing! It is nice that that the home has two storeys. The flowers look pretty along the front edge of the building. Sims will enjoy playing llama table top game in the sunshine in the backyard. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The brown colour of the kitchen complements with the Tuder exterior. Nice corner tv watching and sofa seating sitting area. Sims will enjoy reading there as well. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there whilst looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. The floral wall pattern in the upper landing looks pretty. Very pretty pink colour scheme of the master bedroom. The teddy looks cute in the kids room! The kids bedroom wall paneling looks nice.
    The starter is very nice! :)
    Such an adorable starter, Diana! The design is super cute, and I like that the house has some skill up options for new sims. Very cute!!!
    Thanks @rosemow and @Ceres_Meiriona :)
    I've got another build (it's been a busy weekend ;)), one that is way out of my comfort zone (and it was ironically built on the Comfy Cubby lot :mrgreen: ) because it's modern and it uses quite a lot of MOO. Modern really isn't my best style, I never quite know what to do with it, I much prefer historical styles. Maybe it helped that I used the 3x3 Challenge as a guideline. And MOO is something I usually avoid on anything I share on the Gallery (which is basically everything I build), because it can be tricky. This build has been thoroughly play tested (as you can see in the screenshots) and has no functionality issues (there are a few minor flickering issues with the "corner sofas", but that's something I can live with). Lots of pictures, but I have a lot to show you in this small house ;)

Thrice Three - 20x15; 3 bed; 3 bath; 68.241; NoCC; MOO (can be placed without activating the cheat and is fully functional); base game only.
    The house is actually meant for a four Sim household, but I had the Nolans sitting in my Gallery and couldn't just delete little Jake, not even for the purposes of play testing.

The front of the house.
    14v5t20.jpg
    Going clockwise around the house, this is the side.
    muwpx3.jpg
    The back of the house, the garden is small, but there's plenty to do.
    21cxhdj.jpg
    And the other side.
    v5a553.jpg
    30w6l5f.jpg
    Plan of the first floor.
    2yngggj.jpg
    The hallway, with the space under the stairs cleverly occupied.
    ielff9.jpg
    Study area.
    2d8kyab.jpg
    The living room, with corner sofa.
    15331ao.jpg
    The pretty straightforward kitchen (as you can see I still lingered in the Poplar Close interior colour scheme ;)).
    hsuh3q.jpg
    And a little dining nook (not too pleased about these colours, but I wanted a bit of variation).
    9vh1t3.jpg
    The bar, because I was able to fit one in there.
    3343zvn.jpg
    Painting outdoors.
    6gkbwo.jpg
    I didn't have enough space for monkey bars, but I realised that swimming also works really well for the motor skill.
    15ntaop.jpg
    The large patio, with grill and outdoor dining.
    2q07gx3.jpg
    Home gym on the landing.
    25h0lld.jpg
    Kid's room, this one is meant for a girl, but with a few colour adjustments it will be fine for a boy.
    2mw5yrl.jpg
    Blarffy :)
    2ememg7.jpg
    The teen's room, for an athletic teen, boy or girl.
    2qdo1l1.jpg
    I was also able to place the punching bag in the corner, and it still works (as you can see).
    o5vo11.jpg
    The parents' bed, it's a bit of a squeeze, but they can move on either side (this sure wasn't possible in Sims 1 :lol:)
    6fboko.jpg
    And they too have a corner bench, because it was cheaper than another computer ;)
    1zz3wxh.jpg
    A nice little balcony for a little privacy.
    kls1u.jpg
    Thrice Three is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The design of the roofing looks very nice! Nice texture of the exterior of the home. The windows look nice how they are placed in the build. The lavender looks pretty along the front edges of the home. The layout of the build looks great! Very nice sunken pool! The outdoors dining patio is very nice. Sims will enjoy cooking food on the grill and eating meals at the dining table there in the sunshine. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The nook area with the flowers on the table and the shoes rack under the staircase looks very nice! Nice study nook for sims to have fun playing chess or enjoy sitting at the study desk table using the computer or reading a book with sunshine coming in through the windows. Very nice corner sofa seats sitting nook in the living room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching tv, and looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. The colour scheme and wall texture of the kitchen looks nice. The dining nook is very nice. Simd will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst eating theor meals together at the table. The colour of the seats gives a nice look to the area. It is nice that there is a bar nook in the home. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools there having a drink from the bar. Nice outdoor art nook for sims to enjoy painting on the easel in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The pink teddy is cute in the girls bedroom! She will enjoy doing artwork on the corner nook activity table. It is great that a punching bag is in the teen bedroom. The study desk area looks nice in the teen room. The windows look great how they are placed there, on the corner walls. Nice sofa seat and armchair sitting nook in the master bedroom.
    It is a very nice home :)
    Oh gosh, Diana, this is really cool! I like how you utilized a lot of small spaces (like the shoe rack being stashed under the stairs). It's so awesome that TS4 allows creators to make such compact and tiny spaces that are usable for families without routing issues. Loving all the accent walls and the bold colors you used on them. Incredibly cute and well thought out home with some great spaces inside and out!!!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Nice builds. I especially love the tudor style house. :)
    Thanks all :)

I've built another starter home in Windenburg.

2 Old Shipwright Court - 30x20; 3 bed; 2 bath; 17.970; GT; Play tested; NoCC; NoMOO.
    Obviously it looks like the neighbouring home on no. 4.
    r9kfvr.jpg
    I actually wanted to build a bungalow, but somehow it turned out to be a cottage again ;).
    2ywxug6.jpg
    Not much of a backyard, but it's under 20K so a family of more than one Sim will have some additional money to buy a few more things.
    24cwjv8.jpg
    2ebgz6u.jpg
    First floor plan.
    20jqfq.jpg
    The Bjergsen family was nice enough to test this build for me. The kitchen is super simple, but it works.
    2ilzcya.jpg
    A TV and some games for entertainment.
    5yf7d5.jpg
    The kid's bedroom, I'd have liked some more decor, but budget.
    28vgais.jpg
    Same goes for the computer in the teen's room, I had to take it out because it was too expensive.
    2gwus08.jpg
    The parents' bedroom, also saved on the curtains as you can see ;)
    2vulguw.jpg
    2 Old Shipwright Court is a very nice Tuder style cottage! :) The exterior design of the home is so very nice! Very nice roofing and the texture of the exterior looks nice. The front open shutter dormer looks great! The flowers look pretty along the front edges of the home. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. Nice living room area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the angled sofas watching tv or have fun playing the llama tabletop game at the table. Nice windows study desk area in the teen bedroom for sims to enjoy reading at the desk with sunshine coming in onto them. Sims will enjoy waking up to the sunlight coming in through the master bedroom windows.
    The cottage is a very nice home :)
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    You have some very creative builds here! Really enjoyed looking at your showcase!
    5sXtTqH.png
    I really have been neglecting my showcase! :o I've noticed I find it a lot easier to showcase my builds on my Simblr, because I can upload the images straight to the site and don't have to use tinypic (which has been rather annoying lately, replacing my images with others :/ ). Anyway, I have three builds to share, so I'll start with the smallest ;)

I was preparing to showcase one of my older builds and then I wrote this:
    tumblr_inline_o6ttl84tqI1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    So I then decided to make a house the size of that hallway, and immediatly decided it would be an under 10K starter.

Brown & Blue Starter 10K - 20x15; 1 bed; 1 bath; 8.473 (under 10K with lot included); NoCC; NoMOO; base game only; play tested.
    tumblr_inline_o6ttr1rYAw1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    Obviously, the outside is a bit bare, but the house does have a back door.
    tumblr_inline_o6tttiWRcx1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    You can see in the plan that I used light fresh colours throughout the house.
    tumblr_inline_o6ttv3qZGs1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    The kitchen/dining/study.
    tumblr_inline_o6ttycOkyN1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    The living room, I had to use kid's furniture for a couple of things in order to stay under 10K.
    tumblr_inline_o6ttyrapkR1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    The bedroom.
    tumblr_inline_o6tu1qoIB61u21s2l_1280.jpg
    And the bathroom, I had to take out the sink, but there's still a spot for it next to the toilet.
    tumblr_inline_o6tu4d8AbG1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    I've also continued (and completed) my neighbourhood redevelopment of Windenburg's Old Town district.

1 Old Shipwright Court - residential; 30x20; 3 bed; 2 bath; 17.908; GT; NoCC, NoMOO, play tested.

tumblr_inline_o6iji5hLy91u21s2l_1280.jpg
    tumblr_inline_o6ijjh8sXe1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    tumblr_inline_o6ijmcygcJ1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    This home has a nice relatively spacious kitchen/dining and a living room/study.
    tumblr_inline_o6ijntxcFk1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    Bedrooms for parents, teen and child, sadly I didn't have any money left for a computer.
    tumblr_inline_o6ijpsyqPZ1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    I play tested with the Bjergsen family (again), the can afford a better home of course, but they were one of the few families that fitted the profile (the Goths would have been even weirder).
    tumblr_inline_o6ijrc0l5F1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    tumblr_inline_o6ijtnqt3d1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    tumblr_inline_o6ijux1LXe1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    tumblr_inline_o6ijw8N2mi1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    tumblr_inline_o6ijxsgQRI1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    I built this one this very morning, and I generated a child for my Sims in CAS, in order to play test, and took some cute mother's day pictures while I was at it ;).

3 Old Shipwright Court - 30x20; 2 bed; 2 bath; 17.972; GT; NoCC; NoMOO; play tested.

tumblr_inline_o6uxk24sDH1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    tumblr_inline_o6uxncD9zM1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    The plan, originally the dining room was separated from the living, but deleting that wall freed up some budget I needed for other things.
    tumblr_inline_o6uxogSOtW1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    As this is a two bedroom home, the rooms are a bit larger than in the three bedroom homes.
    tumblr_inline_o6uxovHtSB1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    I added a touch of mint to the kitchen, adds a touch of freshness.
    tumblr_inline_o6uxsyp5yf1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    The dining area, the stairs still functions as a division between both parts of the room.
    tumblr_inline_o6uxwkwA131u21s2l_1280.jpg
    The living room consists of a tv and two sofas.
    tumblr_inline_o6uxxr2cNA1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    I placed the computer on the landing, I had plenty of space there.
    tumblr_inline_o6uxyclBtC1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    The kid's room.
    tumblr_inline_o6uxzefzNW1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    The parents' bedroom.
    tumblr_inline_o6uy05gsjL1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    The upstairs bathroom.
    tumblr_inline_o6uy0oKK5H1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    Because I completed this neighbourhood, I also have some screenshots of what it looks like with all the new houses. The nice thing is that they're all family starters, so Windenburg's Old Town is actually not as expensive as you may think!
    tumblr_o6uy9fxVqx1v8k7elo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o6uy9fxVqx1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o6uy9fxVqx1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o6uy9fxVqx1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o6uy9fxVqx1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o6uy9fxVqx1v8k7elo6_1280.jpg
    (Sorry @rosemow to give you so much to comment on all at once. But at least they're small homes ;)).
    Each of your homes are very nice! :) I will just post a little bit on each one.
    It is great that Brown and Blue Starter is under 10 k! :) The home is very nice for sims to move into and still have money to start their sims lives with. The brown colour of the exterior and the blue colour scheme of the interior looks nice together. Nice window sofa sitting nook for sims to enioy resting there watching tv or reading a book.
    The exterior design of both 1 and 3 Oldshipwright Court looks so very nice! The Tuder theme of the homes looks so nice! Very nice roofing! The flowers look pretty along the front of the homes. Nice roof covered front doorways. The open shutter windows look nice in the builds. Very nice layout of the interior of the homes. The teddies look cute in the kids rooms! It is nice that one is a three bedroom home and the other a two bedroom home. The corner tv watching sofas nook in 3 Oldshipwright court is nice. It looks great the way the tv is angled there. The pink colour of the sofas adds a nice touch of colour there. The floral wall pattern in the upper landing study area looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. Sims will have fun playing chess at the chess table in the living room of one Oldshipwright court .
    It is very nice seeing screenshots of the homes placed in your Windenburg Old Town neighbourhood. The neighbourhood looks so very nice! It is great that they are all starters! They look so nice! :)