Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sanders Architects - Builds by MDianaSanders

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Photo's of the interior (it's meant for young adult twins (brother and sister) - that was part of the assignment):

2ljkget.jpg
    Entrance
    ruodhv.jpg
    Dining area
    30m7k2g.jpg
    Bar and kitchen
    rc3kli.jpg
    Living room
    261go4o.jpg
    Gaming mat
    2d9bhh.jpg
    Blue bathroom
    2nl9xys.jpg
    Pink (girl's) bedroom
    213hwlw.jpg
    Green bathroom
    e9gfw3.jpg
    Blue (boy's) bedroom
    dvhjyv.jpg
    DJ and dance room
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    edited January 2016
    Third (and finally) my Wild West lot, or basically, Saloon and surroundings ;)
    Trail's End - Bar; 40x30; 294.125 (slightly more expensive in game due to food items in grocery store); GTW, GT, OR, SD, PP, CK, SpS; No CC; minor usage of MOO but can be placed without activating the cheat; play tested.
    Exterior (selection of images of interior in next post) - again the same pictures as in the presentation
    28gih.jpg
    8wb3wo.jpg
    bh0hup.jpg
    Sheriff's station
    348hsnc.jpg
    Under the old oak - porch for sheriff's station, milliner's and grocery store/post office
    n310du.jpg
    Blacksmith
    18p20h.jpg
    Train
    2cs9jsw.jpg
    Station/cafe/library/dance hall
    311t5dt.jpg
    Saloon
    2u5es0p.jpg
    Bank
    edited January 2016
    15zp2t4.jpg
    Sheriff's office (and prison)
    2el7986.jpg
    Milliner's shop (dreadful outfit :confounded: )
    2ivle28.jpg
    Grocery store
    x2l95e.jpg
    Blacksmith (with makeshift anvil ;))
    30t6zp3.jpg
    Station cafe
    2113rqs.jpg
    Waiting area (with lots of luggage)
    4tav6e.jpg
    Library
    id7h4z.jpg
    Dance hall (put your Sims in cowboy/cowgirl outfits and do a group dance, looks just like line dancing! ;))
    20fz4lf.jpg
    Saloon
    1om8w8.jpg
    Bank

And then I still left out the most things on the higher floors, like the gym above the prison, the house above the shops, the clandestine den where the Blacksmith plays the illegal "Don't Wake the Llama" game, the "Inn" above the saloon and the art studio/art forgery facility above the bank - and the vault in the back of the bank of course ;)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Bohemian Movie Hangout is such a very nice room! @MDianaSanders :) The new movie stuff pack items look so very nice how you have used them in the room! The new sofa , armchairs and stoold seating look very nice how it is placed in a curved direction. Sims will enjoy sitting there watching movies on the screen. The new curtains look so pretty in the room! The wall decor are nice touches on the walls.
    The exterior design of Future Flow is very nice! :) I posted about it in the earlier post. The glass roofed outdoors dining gazebo is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating the food with the sunlight coming through the glass roofing. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The dining area is a very nice light filled area for sims to enjoy looking at through the windows at the outdoors views whilst dining. The grey and blue colour scheme of the interior looks nice. Very nice design of the bathroom! The shelves with the plants, tissues and crystals on them either sides of the mirror looks nice. The blue wall tiling and the window used in the room looks nice. The pink and the blue colour schemes of the bedrooms looks nice. The DJ booth and dance floor room looks great! Sims will enjoy dancing to the music there .
    Trails End is a very detailed Wild West Town! :) Each of the areas of the build look very great! The exterior of the buildings and the furnishing of them to suit the type of building looks so great! The train is very nice! It would have involved a lot of Simming hours and work to create this very nice town!
    The builds are very nice! :)
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Ack! I'm sorry I'm late to this, my wall didn't show your link until this morning. (Silly wall, stop eating my friends posts!) Love love love love love love love it all! So awesome Diana!!! I really like that the bedrooms are also hobby rooms for the sims who inhabit them. I've already gushed about both builds on the activity feed, but seriously, they're awesome! The atmosphere in your Wild West build is on point, and just rocks! (That jail, oh baby!)

Love it!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Future Flow is very amazing! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, really reflects the futuristic theme to it! Love that cantilevered feel and the roofing is so superb with a futuristic curves! Your landscaping is very pretty! Love the elevated gardens! The skylight patio looks very cool too! Awesome idea on using the a debug alien tree from Get to Work! And your interior, so superb! The color scheme looks wonderful and you really nailed the futuristic theme to it even without having much futuristic items in game, which I'm also hoping to add these in game, much like Into the Future from The Sims 3.
    I love it! I'm adding this to my faves! :smiley:

I'm glad you finished your Wild West WIP! Trail's End is
    I already commented some of your parts form my WIP thread, and now, the rest. Really love how you decorated and very well! Your furnishing really reflect from the Wild West very well!
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    edited January 2016
    Thanks @rosemow (as always :blush: ) @Ceres_Meiriona and @RyeCris16

I have a new build to share! This time it's a café - and it's sort of tailor made to my own needs (I intend to use it in the story I'm working on), which, I feel, makes it a bit "harder" to share (because other people have other plans for a certain type of build) - I may however make a more generally "accessible" version of it some day ;)
    Also massive thanks to @flubber32c4 who helped me come up with a suitable name for it :)
    Sam's Coffee Cottage - Café; 30x20; 153.408; GTW, GT, OR, SD, LP, PP, CK, SpS, MH (it only uses CAS items from the LP and SpS packs - they're part of the mannequins outfit) - no CC, can be placed without activating MOO and play tested :)
    This café is the home of two clubs, the Painting Peacocks and Gorgeous Glamour - I'll show some pictures of their hangouts in the next post.
    33tm41u.png
    jug588.png
    i43jpz.png
    ^ Ground Floor plan
    2yxp24l.png
    ^ First Floor plan
    zvsigg.png
    ^ Front outdoor seating area
    2hp4ppz.png
    ^ Side outdoor seating area
    2ueo1lc.png
    ^ Ordering a coffee (I really wish the game hadn't assigned Don as barrista though :/)
    2v9zvo8.png
    ^ Making some cupcakes for restocking ;)
    2cmral3.png
    ^ Sims can sit at the bar by the stairs
    rmi7gm.png
    ^ Or use the tables or couches
    qodqic.png
    ^ And there's a separate boho style seating area (which kind of reminds me of "Friends")
    edited January 2016
    The club hangouts (none of these Sims are in the actual clubs, they're just the Sims I used to playtest the build):
    nxte0o.png
    The Gorgeous Glamour hangout has mirrors (and lots of make-up), wardrobes, drinks and a comfortable seating area with a special chair for the Glamour Queen. And there's a mannequin showing off the club outfit.
    3162gc5.png

The Painting Peacocks have a bit more space, the studio is upstairs:
    j66f7a.png
    In the downstairs area they can sit at the table (while making plans)...
    dcc5n7.png
    Or on the sofas/chairs/poofs for casually discussion art ;)
    f57xah.png
    Sam's Coffee Cottage is so very nice! :) The design of the build , both the exterior of the building and the areas of the interior looks so very nice! Very nice Tudor style exterior of the building! The exterior looks so very nice! The dormers, flower box wibdows and awnings look very nice in the build, The flowers and water fountain feature is so very pretty! Nice outdoors dining areas in the front and side patios of the build for sims to enjoy eating and drinking in the outdoors air at the tables. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the venue! The cafe espresso bar area is very nice! Sims will enjoy ordering food and drinks from the espresso bar and enjoy eating and drinking at the bar stool counters or on the sofas. The green and brown colour schrme of the cafe areas looks very nice. The menu board and teapot wall shelves on the espresso bar wall, and the fruit and coffee pictures on the walls in the cupcake machine and dining areas add vdry nice looks to the venue. The boho style sitting alcove looks so very nice! The items from the movie stuff pack look great there! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there on the boho seating having a chat. The floor rug adds to the nice look of the room, and the curtains look very nice. The floral wall pattern is pretty! Very nice hangout areas for the clubs! The pink colour scheme of the Gorgeous Glamour hangout is very pretty! It is nice that the mannequin is showing the club outfit. The glass windows clothes and shoes rack closet looks very nice! Very nice art studio room for the Painting Peacocks club. They will enjoy painting on the easels there. The art decor items are nice touches there. Very nice boho style sitting area for the club members to enjoy sitting at the tables or resting on the sofa and armchairs, talking about club activities. The furnishing of the room is so nice!
    It is such a very nice build! :)
    Thanks rosemow :)

And, I never believed it would happen, Sam's Coffee Cottage has been favourited by Maxis! :smiley:
    2dhsith.jpg
    This is my first ever Maxis fav and it really brightened my otherwise dull work day :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Sam's Coffee Cottage looks so pretty! So full of character! Love the way you have decorated inside. Congrats on Maxis fav! :) Your rooms looks lovely too! I especially love the bohemian style room. Looks great! :)
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    I love your buildings sweetie !! <3 Congrats on being favoured by Maxis !! :smiley:
    I have to check and follow you for sure, if I´m not doing already.
    Hugs xxx
    Thanks @rosemow @yanti68 and @AIRIS6962 :)

I haven't really been building lately (did a spot of time travel and played Sims Medieval) but I do have some ideas ready :) Also, I must have mentioned participating in a building competition on the Dutch forums, I shared a lot of those builds. Anyway, I won! Which means I have to host/organise the next season/installment of the competition, looking forward to is, but also something I will be busy with for some time to come.

Anyway, I do have a little something to share, it's not a build (not really, it does feature one), see it as some kind of interlude, it is about the Sims "behind" the builds I make.

I've always been an avid builder, even way back in TS1, but in TS2 I seriously built an entire town (several neighbourhoods) from scratch. It also featured the offices of Sanders Architects ;) (sadly I don't have a screenshot of it). So when I was building in Sims 4 and started using #sandersarchitects I decided to give my architecture firm a new office building (which I've shared). It wasn't until starting my second build save (the Neighbourhood Redevelopment Project) that I created the architects to populate that save, a set of talented young adults - it is about them I'd like to tell you something ;)

These are the offices of Sanders Architects, an old mansion converted to suit the architects' needs:
    2rncsvb.png
    There's a more modern expansion at the back of the building (a profoundly hideous one, if you ask me, but I liked the idea at the time...)
    v7beyf.png

This is my team in its current setting:
    otm9fk.png
    Having a meeting :)
    o5xtf4.png

So, the director/creative visionary of the firm is Stephanie Flynn (you'll know her from my profile pictures, she's the closest I have to a Simself. Although this is slightly inconguous with a story I'm writing, let's call it alternate universe - it is a different save after all ;)).
    our6ld.png
    The CEO, planning expert, who is also an architect (just doesn't spend that much time as an architect anymore), is Gareth Alleyn.
    24eqgkh.png
    (I know the offices are a bit bare, but I made this with basegame only, before I had any packs, and well, I've learned a lot since then ;))
    Master architect, and someone who doesn't mind getting his hands (or jeans) dirty, is Trevor Warwick.
    vg4znq.png
    Nadia Sambora, interior designer, is there to add some flair ;)
    9jdcvl.png
    Then there's Andreas Valentine, landscape architect, who is really excited about a new shipment of flowerbulbs coming next Tuesday.
    es4zll.png
    This is the original team (I did give them makeovers), but since business has recently been booming (the Maxis fav ;)), they've decided to expand, first of all with a communications and human resource expert, Claudine Connor.
    5khcox.png
    Who then, after a series of interviews, decided to hire the excentric but genius young architect Demetrius Ballantine.
    oky26h.png
    Latest addition to the team is Beth Holmes, apprentice - currently manning the reception ;) and a very tech savvy young lady.
    svn9ua.png

This is where a lot of the work is done, where the architects and designers all have their own desk:
    2zrezk8.png
    15coocg.png
    Congratulations on winning the contest on the Dutch site! :) That is very exciting!
    It is very nice seeing pictures of the Sanders Office and the sims who work there! :) Each of the sims are very nice! It is nice reading the background details of each of the office workers and seeing the pictures of each of them at their study desks. It is a very special picture of them together attending a meeting, and all of them sitting around the boardroom table discussing building issues . The furnishing of the office areas looks very nice! Very nice study desk nooks for the sims to sit and do their work at the desk tables. It is nice that you took a picture of the landscape designer outdoors. I am looking forward to the new stuff pack as well! The exterior design of the office building looks so very nice! Very nice back area of the office building. It looks very nice! Very nice roofing on the building! The water fountain features look very pretty! It looks very nice how you have taken the photo of all the architects team together outside the office.
    The office and workers are very nice! :)
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    What a great idea to create a whole team of architects/designers as well as an office to work in! I bet that must have been a lot of fun. :smiley:
    Thanks @rosemow and @StSciurus :) and yeah, it is quite fun to actually have a team of architects, then again I love staging screenshots, I think they'd be pretty dull/useless for someone who doesn't like doing that.

I have another little something to share (I do actually have a build (as good as) ready, I just haven't shared it yet, or taken any screenshots of it). I often mention around here, though not on this thread, that I like to work from "blueprints". I happen to have made a picture of one in order to explain something in another thread, so I thought I might just share it here.

It's probably just a bunch of lines to you, but to me, this is a Sims blueprint:
    fjzuiw.jpg
    Which is this house:
    00.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg
    The home is very nice! :) It looks great how you designed a blue print then created a sims game version of the home based on the blueprint. The dormers look very nice in the build and the open shutter windows add a nice look to the home. The design of the home is very nice!
    I often use grid paper, too, in planning a build. :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Pretty house! Good job! :)
    Thanks all for commenting :)

I actually have two builds I need to share right now, one I uploaded yesterday, the other about an hour ago. Of the first I don't have pictures, so I'll share it more extensively later on, because I'm way too excited about my latest build!

Romantic Garden Park
    Park (and wedding venue); 30x40; 183.978; GT, RG - NoCC, NoMOO, play tested.
    General view from the front:
    2s1ktba.jpg
    General view from the back:
    2lbkxg0.jpg
    The entrance to the park with symmetrical fountains surrounded by flowers:
    2582um9.jpg
    The central area with the large fountain:
    149tb3s.jpg
    The rest of the "tour" we'll take anti-clockwise from the entrance, so right of the entrance is a quiet little, somewhat secluded, corner that is perfect for private conversations (there's only one bench):
    24mf714.jpg
    Further down the path is the chess garden, also quiet and secluded (for extreme focus ;) ):
    rc3k20.jpg
    By the end of the path is the dining area, which has seating opportunity for the wedding guests and a bar (I tried hard to think of all the possible wedding requirements and the things needed for that, so I hope I haven't left anything out. So far I've only had few weddings in TS4 and always at home, I expect the requirements on a community lot to be the same though):
    2usiwk7.jpg
    Taking a turn to the left, we get to the back of the park, where we find the (notorious ;)) Wishing Well - (and the even more notorious "WooHoo" bush ;) ):
    4vmx35.jpg
    At the rear left of the park we find the wedding area, complete with seating (I still don't know if guests sit down on weddings again or not, but in case they do...) and some floral arrangements:
    s40uwi.jpg
    Going down the path (back towards the entrance) we find a nice little cheerfully coloured area where the kids can play on the monkey bars:
    2ib2kqo.jpg
    Between the monkey bars and the left front corner of the park, we find a small dancefloor with jukebox (again for the wedding) and in the corner is the grill with picknick tables (for the "ordinary" park visitors):
    339kimf.jpg
    At the back, behind the wishing well, we find a couple of stairs going down, which lead to this little place:
    97s1f5.jpg
    From there, you can go inside (to the basement) where you find the closet and toilets (plus one shower) on the right and the kitchen on the left (to make that wedding cake ;) ):
    16lyb0g.jpg
    Should you venture further into the basement, you'll find the children's indoor play area (I needed to hide the jungle gym ;) ):
    21lu91k.jpg
    I put the enlarged toys behind "bars" because Sims kept picking up and moving the robot toy to inconvenient places :/ ):
    al13er.jpg
    And then I've still got several close-ups because all the flowers are so pretty! :)
    The fountain and the statues:
    o77cwo.jpg
    One of the paths, with lots of flowers of course:
    11io46a.jpg
    The small fountain in the outdoor basement, viewed from the indoor basement:
    23uq145.jpg
    One of the front fountains with all the colourful flowers surrounding it:
    9q9v76.jpg
    The statue opposite the wedding arch:
    2m7jj9v.jpg
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Honestly, just honestly, HONESTLY HONESTLY HONESTLY I JUST CAN NOT EVEN LIKE OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!
    23rif7.gif
    Romantic Garden Park is so very, very pretty! :) It is a very special and lovely park build! The flowers and plants through the build look so very, very nice! The flowers look very pretty around the edges of the water fountains at the entrance to the park! It is a very nice venue for sims to enjoy an outdoors wedding in such a very nice floral setting! Each of the areas of the park look so very nice! Very nice reception dining area for sims to enjoy sitting at the tables having a drink from the bar after the wedding. The wedding arch area is very nice! The pedestal flowers look pretty, The seats look very nice how they are placed there for wedding guests to enjoy watching the marriage take place. The hedging and arches look vdry nice how they are placed through the build areas. Very nice chess nook for sims to have fun playing chess outdoors in the air. Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars. Very nice outdoors dining alcove! Sims will enjoy cooking meals and eating them at the picnic tables in the sunshine. They will have fun dancing to the jukebox music on the dance floor! Nice curved shelter area for sims to enjoy sitting and chatting. The section where the big water fountain is in the middle of the area looks so very nice! The curved shelters look nice there with the statues in them. The way you have used the new stuff pack items in the build looks so very nice! Very nice layout of the basement level. Kids will will have fun playing on the space ship or enjoy playing the llama tabletop game there. The enlarged toys look great and the animals look cute! It is nice that there is a kitchen there to prepare food.
    The build is so very pretty! :)
    I <3 all the new garden items. Your Romantic Garden is so well thought out and executed. Just lovely! :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Romantic Garden Park is very lovely and beautiful park! :smiley:
    I already some of your details from my WIP thread, now onto the rest! Love your colorful flowers everywhere! The water fountain at the entrance is very pretty! It is great that you added a wedding area too! The outdoor dancing area looks very fun!
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16