Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So will there be a patch Tuesday or a pack announcement?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Hey Everyone! As you already know, the studio is very focused on finishing The Sims 4 Get Together and getting it ready for release on December 8th. This does mean we will not be releasing any additional packs ahead of that date.

Good decision. Not that I don't want new contents but I want the team to work on the packs and make them fleshed out.
    I hope Get Together is not just about what have been posted because it will be very underwhelming. Get To Work was a half baked EP and if Get Together becomes another half baked one then I think the EPs are cursed.

So far I am liking the GPs way more. Both the GPs offered more substance than GTW.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    Patch is Tuesday and hopefully a pack announcement Wednesday. Also new info this coming week on Get Together. Great week for TS4.

No packs before Get together they've announced. It is so disappointing.

October didn't bring any new content so their statement "new content every month" turned out to be a lie. At this point I don't know why I am still surprised.

• Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Patch is Tuesday and hopefully a pack announcement Wednesday. Also new info this coming week on Get Together. Great week for TS4.

Cat, thanks for the update. I need a bug fix patch for the autonomy bug. My Sims aren't going to bed when they are in the red. It's so annoying. And I would like to hear what new 'pack' may be coming out shortly. And yes, even I would like for them to explain GT and if those cafes will let my Sims go out and eat more than a bowl of chips or something else just as mundane. I need something similar to a real restaurant in this game to continue. Sick of not being able to take my Sims out to eat 'somewhere'.

They've said that you can buy food "to go" from the new cafés! So I guess that means other meals than a bowl of chips :wink:

S4 needs a loooot of bug fixes.. still problem with the eye color bug for children that's stated over halv a year ago.. and the postman and the housemaid.. So the new bed autonomy bug may be fixed around spring/summer/autumn 2016, if I've counted correctly :P
  • Options
    sophtastic wrote: »
    FINALLY.
    I hope they fix maids too, I hate that once I've gone into 'Plan Outfits' or something and return to game, it pops up saying the maids been and I've been charged, like that's sooooo annoying I want my woman to flirt with my maid and have an affair it's not working!! :confounded::lol:

Yeah me also. Once my sims travel somewhere the maid never returns in person again and my sims only gets charged.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hey Everyone! As you already know, the studio is very focused on finishing The Sims 4 Get Together and getting it ready for release on December 8th. This does mean we will not be releasing any additional packs ahead of that date.

Ooh, so a new pack confirmed? Awesome! Can't wait to see what were gonna get :)

Edit// woops should read more carefully
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    really? no new packs untill 8 dec. Why the tweet then? It got our hopes up.

We didnt really get anything exciting after spa day and that was a looooooong time ago. This GT better satisfied most players, otherwise theres just another war on it way.

Haloween stuff pack isnt really something big and i and a lot other dont evem celebrate this so it isnt a big deal for a lot of players.
    At least i hope we get a big patch with some good stuff in it. There so much they can do for new year, but they choose not to. SAD!
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member

Finally some good news (at least for me)! The last thing this game needs is another rushed pack. I think it's a good decision to give your full attention to Get Together, because from what I've seen, I still don't think this EP is worth $40, so hopefully you still have a lot more new stuff to show.

SimsFur wrote: »

You mean the tweet about the broken fridge? Since when that was a hint for a new pack? If anything, it was a hint of the repairman coming back, which can still be true, since a new patch can still come today. Patches with content are not the same as paid packs. Unless I missed something and there was another tweet.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Finally some good news (at least for me)! The last thing this game needs is another rushed pack. I think it's a good decision to give your full attention to Get Together, because from what I've seen, I still don't think this EP is worth $40, so hopefully you still have a lot more new stuff to show.

You mean the tweet about the broken fridge? Since when that was a hint for a new pack? If anything, it was a hint of the repairman coming back, which can still be true, since a new patch can still come today. Patches with content are not the same as paid packs. Unless I missed something and there was another tweet.

the tweet about the 3th gamepack.. you clearly missed something
  • Options
    John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member

WE WANT TODDLERS
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    well just got to hold on until Dec. 8
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited November 2015

I saw that one too and the tweet was just a reply to someone who clearly asked about the 3rd game pack, and the answer was that it involves sims doing stuff. It was clearly a joke and while I do believe the 3rd game pack is already being worked on, there was no hint whatsoever that it was coming soon. I'm not one to defend EA, but if you got your hopes up that a new game pack was coming this month based on that tweet, then I'm sorry but that's on you. :\
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    That hint just means the patch fixes a bug in fridges.

No I don't think so.
  • Options

I saw that one too and the tweet was just a reply to someone who clearly asked about the 3rd game pack, and the answer was that it involves sims doing stuff. It was clearly a joke and while I do believe the 3rd game pack is already being worked on, there was no hint whatsoever that it was coming soon. I'm not one to defend EA, but if you got your hopes up that a new game pack was coming this month based on that tweet, then I'm sorry but that's on you. :\

No it wasn't a joke their actually working on Gamepack 3 now and it's probebly getting close to completion. I'm sure we'll see it in January or February.
  • Options

No it wasn't a joke their actually working on Gamepack 3 now and it's probebly getting close to completion. I'm sure we'll see it in January or February.

I think a tweet saying that "sims will be able to do stuff and stuff" on the next game pack is kind of a joke and not some sort of announcement. On my comment I did say "while I do believe the 3rd game pack is already being worked on", but we have no idea when they will finish it and when it will come, so until we get some confirmation, everything else is just speculation.
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    I really think we'll get the repairman. Just look at the answers to the tweet. The sims answered some people and their answers seems really clear to me.

Jetez un coup d'œil au Tweet de @TheSims :

Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member

I am just really happy you said this. Instead of the waiting and wondering and high hopes and then crushing of them. lol

So thank you for letting us know!

My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    I think we will see both the patch and trailer released around 10am pacific 1pm eastern.
  • Options
    WillowxPillowWillowxPillow Posts: 189 Member
    There won't be any new packs until this EP comes out, not that there won't be any coming out forever. I bet they'll release another GP in January or February. They just want to focus on the release of this new EP before anything else.
  • Options

well. Im not on twitter all day following who responds to who. Even better i dont have twitter. I saw the tweet somewhere on the forum and it was taken out of context, so i couldnt see it was a reply to someone who asked about it.

I stilll feel it was intersting, since we know how much EA holds their lips tight about practically anything. To see them even talk or repsond about future content is still something. God knows they couldnt even answer simple questions sometimes that were less harming than a future gamepack and whether they are working on it or not.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2015

^

I wasn't expecting another GP anymore this year. I think it will be coming out in like January. So not really surprised by that.
  • Options
    manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    Hopefully. I wouldn't mind at all seeing a repairman, a gardener and a nanny in my game. Also, bug fixes, especially the "claim bed" bug that has destroyed the autonomy for most of my Sims. Let's wait and see.

Yes!! A nanny! I loved that in Sims 2!!! I would love if babies didn't just disappear.
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • Options
    Dmitriy160294Dmitriy160294 Posts: 5 New Member
    I like the new stuff: The Sims 4: Spooky Stuff! Thank you! :) I would like to see a new fifth or sixth stuff: The Sims 4: Holiday Stuff (I'm interested to see Christmas)! :( Probably will a new game pack will be released next year (2016)? :/