Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is my sim doing this?

It is hard to see in still screenshots - but she's pulsing as if a Mad Scientist has used his machine on her.

Pulses001.jpg

Pulses002.jpg

You can see it best in this rear view of her

Pulses003.jpg

She's doing it in two places - around her head and around her body.

Her husband is a Mad Scientist. And she's a fairy and in the pic with her in her blue dress she's off to hospital to deliver the baby.

I've never seen a Sim do this before.

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    She's now suffering from a buzz crash.

Could drinking coffee do it with the pulsing thing?

Although she couldn't drink coffee as there is no coffee machine in the house and it happened while I wasn't watching her so I've no idea.

She may have been able to eat a coffee bean - maybe?

I have never known a mad scientist it do an experiment on another sim but I suppose it is possible.

I didn't hear anything odd going on either.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited October 2015
    I know they do that if they eat coffee beans. My little jerks sims do that all the time. Just to annoy me I'm sure. So I'd think that's probably what it is.
  • Options
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    I know they do that if they eat coffee beans. My little jerks sims do that all the time. Just to annoy me I'm sure. So I'd think that's probably what it is.

Thank you. I was confused. She's had the baby and has also stopped pulsing now. I wonder why I've never had it happen to me before?
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I don't think mad scientists can perform experiments on things autonomously. I also have never seen that option on another sim.

I have had sims eat coffee beans autonomously if present in that sim's personal inventory.

Buzz Crashed is a possible moodlet from an object a mad scientist has performed an experiment on. I'd guess it's a bad outcome.

As for the pulsing, I want to say I've seen that on sims before, but my memory is quite hazy. I seem to recall attributing it to some graphical glitch. I'm not sure how I fixed it. Resetting the sim perhaps, or maybe reloading the game.
  • Options
    Thanks. They get a buzz crash from coffee. I've seen them get that often enough.

I've never had a Mad Scientist experiment on another sim - maybe that's because I don't tell them to.

I'm happy with the idea that she got it from eating coffee beans. It happened quickly. Now it's gone. Buzz crash is still there but the pulsing has stopped. I wasn't looking forward to having to watch that going on for long.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    Thanks. They get a buzz crash from coffee. I've seen them get that often enough.

Yeah, me too. You had a mad scientist in the household. You didn't say whether he'd done experiments on objects in the house or whether any of those experiments had bad outcomes. So getting the buss crash from an object the mad scientist had done an experiment on was a possibility to explore. At least I thought.

You also didn't say whether she actually had coffee beans in her inventory. So I didn't know how likely that explanation was.
    I've never had a Mad Scientist experiment on another sim - maybe that's because I don't tell them to.

Are you saying that's an option? I've never seen that. I'll have to check one of my games with a mad scientist to see whether he can perform an experiment on another sim. I think I would have noticed that by now if it was possible. But you seem to say it is possible, so maybe I'll take another look.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    No - I haven't had the Mad Scientist to anything yet - other than plant some seeds he found at the greenhouse. He's gone sliding on his waterslide and cooked a meal but that's about it.

I doubt doing an experiment on another sim would be an option. But I was wondering what happened.
  • Options
    I just double checked in my game. My mad scientist didn't have any "perform experiment on" option on other sims.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Off topic slightly, but where and why do you get coffee beans? I really must start adding to my EP collection...
  • Options
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    Off topic slightly, but where and why do you get coffee beans? I really must start adding to my EP collection...

Coffee beans came with University Life EP.
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I just double checked in my game. My mad scientist didn't have any "perform experiment on" option on other sims.

Thank you, That makes sense to me. I was just having problems working out what made her go all peculiar. I'm glad she's over it now.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    @Karritz, ahh, my last EP is Pets. I took a rather long vacation from the game and am way behind. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    Okblondee7 wrote: »

Coffee beans are rather lucrative. I had 2 sims grow those as a cash crop. They coffee bean plants have a short life cycle, and some of the varieties are worth a ton of money at the consignment shop.