Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't get it

ISmackISmack Posts: 244 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims FreePlay
Why can toddlers be like Sims Freeplay toddlers? What they can so:

Sit on couches
Sit in bed
Sit in chairs
Climb on any bed, couch, or chair
Eat at the kitchen table in a chair
Sleep in mini or bigger (grown up) beds
Use bigger (grown up) toliets
Watch TV on the couch
Paint pictures with their hands
Be bathed in the bath tub
Swim in baby pools with floaties
Dancing to musoc

I think this is why toddlers from the PC versions of the games were so boring. They can't do this kind of stuff that real life toddlers can.

(Sorry if I said some poinltless details. I want to be really specific.)

Comments

• Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I do hope they will be able to do all that when we get them in TS4! That would be amazing!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ISmack wrote: »

Sit on couches
    Sit in bed
    Sit in chairs
    Watch TV on the couch
    Dancing to musoc

I think this is why toddlers from the PC versions of the games were so boring. They can't do this kind of stuff that real life toddlers can.

It really irks me Free to Play game has better toddlers than even the TS2 game. We had some of that in both TS2 and TS3 but not things like crawling up stairs and or crawling up on furniture. But I doubt we ever see toddlers in this game. When they say the technology of this game engine is so complicated we can't even get a new beard in CAS, I doubt I see them take their resources for a life stage. If it's that freaking hard to make a new mesh of a beard, then what must animating be like? I don't get why they picked an engine they don't seem to understand and or know how to use quickly enough to do it right.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sims3ambitionsSims3ambitions Posts: 181 Member
    Why can't everything in TS4 be like what they have in Freeplay? They have like 10 life stages, cars, shopping malls, restaurants, pets. Why can't we have all that stuff too? :'(
    I swear if TS4 had all the stuff freeplay had it would be the best sims game to date.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Yeah if it was the same like the hourly useless wait time, horrendous graphics and boring overpriced content that would be amazing.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Why can't everything in TS4 be like what they have in Freeplay? They have like 10 life stages, cars, shopping malls, restaurants, pets. Why can't we have all that stuff too? :'(
    I swear if TS4 had all the stuff freeplay had it would be the best sims game to date.

10 lifestages? What kind of lifestages? I never played Freeplay.
  • Sims3ambitionsSims3ambitions Posts: 181 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Babies, Toddlers, Pre-Schoolers, Children, Pre-Teens, Teens, Young Adults, Adults, and Elders I think. :/
    edited October 2015
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Babies, Toddlers, Pre-Schoolers, Children, Pre-Teens, Teens, Young Adults, Adults, and Elders I think. :/

OMG, I would LOVE that for a proper PC in-depth game!

I won't ever play a shallow mobile game with bad graphics though.
    edited October 2015

I think so, yes.

OMG, why don't they just LISTEN? They're sitting on a GOLD MINE here concerning a PC version of such a family play based sims game (and no, I do not want to be forced to do challenges like in Sims freeplay, I want to CHOOSE to do them).
    edited October 2015
    Did they REALLY just move this to the Sims Freeplay Corner? :neutral:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Yeah if it was the same like the hourly useless wait time, horrendous graphics and boring overpriced content that would be amazing.
    Overpriced content, Freeplay?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Gongyla7Gongyla7 Posts: 12 New Member
    the real time play is annoying. in many ways Freeplay is more like a complicated electronic pet. but since i still miss the old gigapet i was talked into giving up years ago (clearly i have issues) i deal with whiny mini-sims.
    and there are some cute moments. the toddlers can do so much which is nice.
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I would like this...

Sit on couches
    Sit in bed
    Sit in chairs
    Watch TV on the couch
    Dancing to music.

And lots more to do with toddlers, like washing them in the sink :)
  • L7d33yos12L7d33yos12 Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims3ambitions wrote: »
    Why can't everything in TS4 be like what they have in Freeplay? They have like 10 life stages, cars, shopping malls, restaurants, pets. Why can't we have all that stuff too?

Yea
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Sims Freeplay has 6 life stages. Babies, toddlers, preteens, teens, adults, and elders.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    ISmack wrote: »

Sit on couches
    Sit in bed
    Sit in chairs
    Watch TV on the couch
    Dancing to musoc

I agree with you :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Sims Freeplay has 6 life stages. Babies, toddlers, preteens, teens, adults, and elders.

Yes only 6 from what i've seen in the game

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Yes, the toddlers in FP are amazing. Even the babies are amazing! I have mine currently sitting on the floor whacking away at the xylophone learning different nursery rhymes.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Sennie wrote: »
    I would like this...

Sit on couches
    Sit in bed
    Sit in chairs
    Watch TV on the couch
    Dancing to music.

They could do a lot of that in The Sims 2.

However, Free Play is made by a different company...Fire Monkeys, and not Maxis.

Must be why some elements are better than what Maxis gives us.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I would like this...

Sit on couches
    Sit in bed
    Sit in chairs
    Watch TV on the couch
    Dancing to music.

However, Free Play is made by a different company...Fire Monkeys, and not Maxis.

I think that the main reason for the improved details is the way Freeplay is given new free stuff every month. Maxis makes big expansions with a lot of new stuff. But there are so many big things that Maxis don't have enough time to improve minor details too. But Firemonkeys has to find small new things for new quests every month. So Firemonkeys concentrate on improving exactly all the small details which Maxis don't have enough time to improve.
    edited January 2016
    I would like this...

Sit on couches
    Sit in bed
    Sit in chairs
    Watch TV on the couch
    Dancing to music.

From what I've seen toddler can do a lot more in TSF than any of the other games, making them less restricted in what they can do and where they can go!

They can go out By themselves, feed horse's, and get onto chairs, beds and do a lot more in the home and you get more content and fun quests for them :)

Family play content ,gameplay and building rooms is why I have quit TS4 until I enjoy it again

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I would like this...

Sit on couches
    Sit in bed
    Sit in chairs
    Watch TV on the couch
    Dancing to music.

TS2 toddlers could dance, learn nursery rymes, be bathed and diaper changed in that little station thingy they could play/talk with other toddlers etc. though I actually think that FP did it better. They have little houses for toddlers to play in, little painting easels, in short they have a TON of gameplay objects.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I REEEEEAAAAALLY hate app games... but the gameplay & content sounds enticing.... uuurgh..... very tempted :s

I wonder how much coding & what the game mechanics are in Freeplay & what the comparisons will be with TS4 when both are gutted out for examination.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
    I am playing family play myself now and feel newborns. Are More like toddlers and toddlers are more like the child age in a lot of ways!

For the first time ever not bored at all with toddlers and the newborns are fun :)

Just starting preteens now and built the elametary school :) why cant we have had this in the sims 4 :(

• Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Wait! Wait! Build Elementary schools :o

Lmao we need a mod to do that with TS4 :joy:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited January 2016
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I am playing family play myself now and feel newborns. Are More like toddlers and toddlers are more like the child age in a lot of ways!

For the first time ever not bored at all with toddlers and the newborns are fun :)

Just starting preteens now and built the elametary school :) why cant we have had this in the sims 4 :(
    Because they can't sell an expansion with slogans like "Now toddlers can do finger painting and also score life points by playing in a play house and babies can be taught walking if only you buy the new EP!" But in Freeplay such things are ideal to make new quests possible. Also big EPs with new worlds to explore are suitable for TS4 but not for Freeplay. So I think that it is only natural that Freeplay concentrates on new skills to be used in the quests while TS4 EPs concentrate on bigger things like new worlds and so on ;)