Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 'T' Word

BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
TRAITS! Haha, gotcha! But no really, I will mention toddlers only to introduce my question.

IF a Generations-style EP comes out as implied by the survey, and it adds toddlers and preteens... How will the Studio handle the Aspirations and Traits section? Will they keep it as it is, or will they expand our options, perhaps use that EP to add more traits and aspirations? Or at least add more trait slots?

Would Toddlers simply have a 'Grow Up' aspiration as they did in TS2, and they and children will have only one personality trait?
Would preteens and teens both have only two traits?

This sounds like the easiest way to implement them, and we know EA seems to like easy this time around.
But a lot of people (myself included) would like more trait slots, so is there a chance that they might overhaul the system and give toddlers one, children two, preteens three, teens four, young adult five, etc?
What do you guys think? What would you like to see most?
tCTe03l.png

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Sounds like a winner to me. This would be far more life simulating, as we all grow and change depending on which age stage we're trapped in. LOL Me? I'm pushing elderly, but I refuse to allow that to color who I am. In my mind, not my body, I'm still as young as I ever was. Besides, if they give us more traits, it will be far easier to create interesting, well-rounded Sims. Everyone has personality flaws, after all. Also, I see a better potential for truly shaping a Sim as they grow. Have you offered this up in the Ideas and suggestions category?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'd love to have more trait slots. Zerbu actually has quite a lot of traits. There are some new ones at the MTS site too that can be interesting.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    I didn't play TS3, but I believe this is how they set it up for 3, so I'm sure they 'know'.
    I was mostly wondering if they were going to keep it TS4-simple, or bring in aspects of TS3 and expand. I figured this was more of a discussion topic than a new idea.
    tCTe03l.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I'd love to have more trait slots. Zerbu actually has quite a lot of traits. There are some new ones at the MTS site too that can be interesting.

How do they work? And by that I mean- in game play? Do they make the Sims more unique, do they show more personality? How have they improved the Sims dynamics? :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

How do they work? And by that I mean- in game play? Do they make the Sims more unique, do they show more personality? How have they improved the Sims dynamics? :)
    They just are different. Some are supernatural specific, so that is kind of cool to see. Like I used a trait called alien and made my Sim act like an alien. I think there is a vampire one too. There are lucky and unlucky ones too at MTS.

Here are the Zerbu ones:
    http://zerbu.tumblr.com/mods

I have used mods to get 5 trait on a Sim before. Such a vast improvement with that. You can mod up to 10 traits at once too on a Sim.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    My paw is raised and waving from side to side for toddlers.

Oh wait, wrong 'T' word.