Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think The Sims 4 = Failure?

Comments

• ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    @JoAnne65 That's just it, your view of depth in this game is vastly different than mine. The rabbit holes was just an example of many shallow aspects in the game, but then again sims reactions to their environment and other sims constitutes one of many aspects of depth. I find rowdy crowds at a nightclub chatting over each other, dancing or showing off appropiately chaotic and realistic for example. Granted I've always found autonomy illogical for both TS3 and TS4 so since I like to let the world do its thing I used NRaas Returner and SCAM respectively for both iterations to modify it. I've always found there is not enough to do at venues in any game. I go to a nightclub in TS2, TS3 or TS4 and there's just not much to do. Dance, talk, drink. Guess that's realistic but to someone like me who enjoys raw content and things to do, it is not enough. Same for museums or libraries. So other than a few EP lots I cannot see the loads of gameplay, and that goes for both games.

But even then I've always found sims to be doing random things, sometimes too random. If I take a sim to the park there's a crew at the grill, the mother will walk by and queue up a social interaction with my sim, kids will route to the playground, some adults will huddle up inside and chat, others will play chess. Hell, I use a 2x visitors mod that doubles the amount of sims per venue, along with a 20 sim per zone cap remover where I can do new years eve at home with a party of 40 sims. But even then that's not much depth to me. Depth to me is how this veterinarian skill works, what I get per level, how I can apply it, what can I craft. How many plants there are, splicing, evolving, what perks gardening skill gives me. What new things can I do with higher DJ skill, what type of videos can I record, how many tracks can I mix at a music station, how many interactable objects can I buy that lets my sims do different things, what quirks and perks can I get, etc. In that regard I tend to run out of content fast, all the time. How other sims do their thing becomes quite secondary. Like in TS3 I'd add a few roommates to my household and make their autonomy so smart I would never have to control them except if I wanted them to get jobs or the like. Haven't done that yet in TS4 but with SCAM it is possible as well.

Main issue for me is time. The time scale for the Sims is too fast. In TS3 I ran it at half speed with NRaas Relativity and sadly MCCC no longer has that, at least not a relative setting where actions don't scale as well. Specially if I throw a party with 30 guests I pretty much take the entire day to be able to fully enjoy it and interact with people. But that's just me and a bit offtopic.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I wouldn't call it a complete and utter failure, but it definitely went wrong in several areas. The game just does not seem like it was made to do anything other than play single, Young Adult Sims (and I'm not saying that that's what happened, but that's how it feels most of the time). Babies are literally objects glued to bassinets and don't feel like part of the family, parents rarely seem to take care of their kids without being told (ironically enough, my teens tend to act more like parents than the actual parents, but it might just be coincidence), the kids seem fully independent and capable of taking care of themselves most of the time, etc. There are barely any actives for kids to do. Only last year did they start with after school activities and it was only one per pack and they're the exact same ones for both kids and teens. Toddlers only get access to park equipment if you acquired Toddler Stuff SP. If not, all they can do is play with the limited amount of toys in the base game. Teens look and act like adults which is boring af. It's just a struggle to play families in this game, which sucks for me because that's literally all I play.

Also, personalities are pretty non-existent. All of the sims feel the same, the only thing that differentiates them is their combination of traits which leads to different whims and moodlets. And on that note, the traits are lame too. I have an "evil" child sim and all he does is laugh maniacally every once in a while. Otherwise there's nothing "evil" about him. He doesn't even misbehave that much, yet another of my child sims with perfect responsibility does. It makes no sense. I want my sims to feel different naturally, not because I'm manually making them feel different.

But if I can praise the game, CAS and BB are great. It just sucks that it's more fun to create in the game than it is to actually play it.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited January 2019
    I wouldn't call it a complete and utter failure, but it definitely went wrong in several areas. The game just does not seem like it was made to do anything other than play single, Young Adult Sims (and I'm not saying that that's what happened, but that's how it feels most of the time). Babies are literally objects glued to bassinets and don't feel like part of the family, parents rarely seem to take care of their kids without being told (ironically enough, my teens tend to act more like parents than the actual parents, but it might just be coincidence), the kids seem fully independent and capable of taking care of themselves most of the time, etc. There are barely any actives for kids to do. Only last year did they start with after school activities and it was only one per pack and they're the exact same ones for both kids and teens. Toddlers only get access to park equipment if you acquired Toddler Stuff SP. If not, all they can do is play with the limited amount of toys in the base game. Teens look and act like adults which is boring plum. It's just a struggle to play families in this game, which plum for me because that's literally all I play.

Also, personalities are pretty non-existent. All of the sims feel the same, the only thing that differentiates them is their combination of traits which leads to different whims and moodlets. And on that note, the traits are lame too. I have an "evil" child sim and all he does is laugh maniacally every once in a while. Otherwise there's nothing "evil" about him. He doesn't even misbehave that much, yet another of my child sims with perfect responsibility does. It makes no sense. I want my sims to feel different naturally, not because I'm manually making them feel different.

But if I can praise the game, CAS and BB are great. It just plum that it's more fun to create in the game than it is to actually play it.

Yup, Simguru's really need to take this in consideration now. At least 2 more years to fix it! @SimGuruKate @SimGuruNick @SimGuruRomeo @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruGrant @SimGuruGeorge @SimGuruHydra
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited January 2019
    @ListentoToppDogg I agree that CAS is marvelous. I just wish the rest of the game was as well done. No matter how hard I try it still feels shallow and I just can't keep a story line going for more than a few game sessions. I do think Get Famouse added a little something but ... I still get bored pretty quickly. I've been thinking of posting a reader led story here to see if I can stay interested.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    The sims 4 failed you. That would be more of an accurate response. And it failed some other people. But did the Sims 4 actually fail? No. Because it did not . I can assure you , that there were quite a lot of people who quit the sims at sims 3 . Ive talked to quite a few other players now just by being in Sims groups on facebook and being on other platforms and just like me they didnt connect with sims themselves , in the 3rd sims games. I actually never got as in depth with S3, like i do with s4 , because I just couldnt get past how much I didn't like the sims . But just because we failed to get into sims 3 and didnt like things about it, doesnt mean it was a failure. Because it did not fail.

How you "feel about the game" yourself, as you said, does not determine whether the game is a success or not. And it is an actual fact, that games are only successful long term, if enough people THINK ITS A GOOD GAME. Sims 4 has been out for over 4 years, if it wasn't a good game, it would not still be doing strong numbers, but it is :smiley: and will continue to. But dont let that get in the way of what you
    "believe" @JoAnne65

And on that note, i think ive said all that I need to about this topic.

Everything you say is subjective. I for one was buying packs because I felt like I needed more to try to make my game feel full for me personally. But did it? Content wise maybe. Depth wise well no. But hey that's my personal opinion based on my play style. So I don't think it's fair to categorize everyone in lines where you see fit as you don't know how every single player plays or why they buy the game. That's why I again say everything you're saying is opinion, subjective not factual.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Whatever "personality" we imagine that our sims have is all in our heads. For me, the sims in the 4th game, express their feelings a TON, you can see it in their animations and expressions. They show their emotions in a way that it is very easy to imagine their personality. So I strongly disagree that they dont have personality. I did however, feel like that with the previous game. Lol.Goes to show how subjective that is. Because where some saw "personality" in the previous game , I saw robotic/stiff/unlife-like :)

The sims in this game are definitely my favorite personality wise.The sims is a sandbox game. It's not like other games where the main purpose is to be challenged and have a specific mission. This game can be as challenging as YOU make it. Depending on your goals. Its a life simulation/family play style game. Try and be more specific, what challenging activity was left out of sims 4???
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @EnjoyfulSimmer, you said, "The sims is a sandbox game." I'm going to disagree with you to a point. To me TS4 is more of a progression-style game than other versions. There is quite a bit in this game that is just grind. In TS3 I could send my Sims off to work and they would advance in their carer without my help. Not so in TS4. I've got nothing really against mods but I'd just rather play without them. In this game I've installed one that will let Sims advance in skills at my discretion. It's the only way I can make play less tedious.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited January 2019
    Thats fine, and to me its still a sandbox game. I have mods, but I dont need them for the game to be fun. It's plenty fun for me without. Considering the only mods I have dont involve changing gameplay . But again , everyone is different @PHOEBESMOM601
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @ListentoToppDogg I agree that CAS is marvelous. I just wish the rest of the game was as well done. No matter how hard I try it still feels shallow and I just can't keep a story line going for more than a few game sessions. I do think Get Famouse added a little something but ... I still get bored pretty quickly. I've been thinking of posting a reader led story here to see if I can stay interested.

@PHOEBESMOM601 The same is true for me as well. Get Famous was the first time in a while where I played the game daily. It was a nice journey getting my Sims to become celebrities. But now that that's done and over, once again I've got nothing to do. :/
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    I wouldn't call it a complete and utter failure, but it definitely went wrong in several areas. The game just does not seem like it was made to do anything other than play single, Young Adult Sims (and I'm not saying that that's what happened, but that's how it feels most of the time). Babies are literally objects glued to bassinets and don't feel like part of the family, parents rarely seem to take care of their kids without being told (ironically enough, my teens tend to act more like parents than the actual parents, but it might just be coincidence), the kids seem fully independent and capable of taking care of themselves most of the time, etc. There are barely any actives for kids to do. Only last year did they start with after school activities and it was only one per pack and they're the exact same ones for both kids and teens. Toddlers only get access to park equipment if you acquired Toddler Stuff SP. If not, all they can do is play with the limited amount of toys in the base game. Teens look and act like adults which is boring plum. It's just a struggle to play families in this game, which plum for me because that's literally all I play.

But if I can praise the game, CAS and BB are great. It just plum that it's more fun to create in the game than it is to actually play it.

100% Agree with this post. This is my biggest complaint about the game and I'm so scared they're never going to fix it.

I've said before that maybe I wouldn't call it a failure, but it's definitely a disappointment. The game should be a lot more developed after 4 years. Also, high sales numbers don't make the game good. I personally keep up with the game because I want to see it be good, but right now it's just okay. Of course, that's my opinion. But the fact is that the game is still very flawed.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2019
    It used to be - but now it's not. I have fun in Sims 4 - just like I eventually had fun in sims 3, 2 , and 1. I can still go to Sims 2 and 3 and enjoy the game - but I can also go into Sims 4 and enjoy it. I enjoy their differences - and do not expect Sims 4 to be Sims 1, 2, or 3.

All of the Sims games has had differences I sometimes miss in what ever version I am playing. When the fun factor went into full affect first - varied - but Sims 4 I do believe took longer because mainly they released it before incorporating necessities we expected to be there in the beginning - like toddlers in particular. Once I got things like pools, toddler, ghosts, etc - which I felt were core to a base game - then and only then could I begin to start to enjoy it. (This I understand is how I feel, and possibly not how everyone feels - but I can only speak for me).

It had nothing to do with what I look at as add ons - that took the game from the basics - pixel people living life to an actual game with that - plus differences. Sims 4 did not feel like a game with the basics - nor did even the first Sims game - but Sims 2 and 3 did feel like it hadthe basics and were enjoyable right out of the gate - as those two were ready for the fun add ons that made each game unique. That was Sims 1 and Sims 4 downfall - not having the basic life stages - only in Sims 1 we did not realize that was a problem as that was the first sims game. It took Sims 2 to make me realize how much more enjoyable it was when the base game had all the life stages present an accounted for from base game - as did Sims 3. Sims 4 failed at continuing that base game kind of perfection - at least for me it did, but when they finally got around to the missing toddler - then and only then did I feel we had a base game - literally 2 years after the game came out.

Since then I have not felt the game as a failure but a game ready to grow - just like Sims 2 and 3 were and are. So naturally it was a late bloomer and needed to recapture all the time waiting for a life stage and perhaps it still could use improvements to the death stage as well as the Sims 4 ghost (which I do look at as a sort of life stage) should include aspects of that stage that Sims 2 and 3 had from the beginning. Everything after the basics is to me what makes the game ready for the adventure of this particular series.

But even though the game took 2 plus years after release to be what I could even consider a game ready to play and ready to be enjoyed by me at least - I do not see how it can be called a failure now - but still a game that needs to grow and make up the missing 2 years.

I do enjoy it now - and can make my stories my own - and that matters to me. It could use more for builders and players to have the neighborhoods that has always been a part of the game - controlled by players - not just devs deciding for us how many lots we have - where they go - redoing the worlds. That is a sims thing - and a players thing - not development. It does need a respectable after life as death deserves some respect too for the sims we play and sort of love. Ghosts in a bar - well that is just something else like bears in a bar and alien night. So there is still much work that could be accomplished to round out the rough edges of Sims 4's start - but at least I do not see it as a failure - as it grows - regardless of the additional time it has taken.

I do not feel it (Sims 4) is ready to be over, and certainly no Sims 5 has had ample time to even be a third of the way into any kind of development seeing they only had the call go out for a new sims game team (whether or not that is the sims 5 - we do not know) a matter of months ago - Sims 4 is what you get from just 2 years and no one wants what you get from just a few months - I pretty much guarantee that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited January 2019
    They really dropped the ball with traits. Just the other day, my music-loving Sim and her Geek husband suddenly decided to switch hobbies. That was enough to turn me off of the Sims 4 for a good bit. I don't think a Sim should want to do a hobby unless they have a trait that corresponds with said hobby.

I didn't play any of the previous games, but it sounds like the traits had a lot more personality and you could have more of them. The current traits are just totally stale. Also, Whims weren't executed very well either. I feel like they should relate more to the Sim's personality than whatever random item that said Sim does or does not have in their house.
    Post edited by AshtontoAshton22 on
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    The Sims 4 is not a failure because theres no competition on the market! This game still unique despite this 4th generation being the worst for me! I tried but for someone like me that plays this game since the very first one I just hate The Sims 4! Hate seems a bad word to say but right now I can't see things changing at leat for what they were in times! Even with more two or three year of content The Sims 4 will never be the game I wanted in 2014! NEVER! We went fom 3 awsome games to a big downgrade version! The Sims 2 is more detailed, more fun, we can build our apartments, we have cars, a lot of npcs, big worlds, create and edit worlds... The Sims 3 we have intense customisation, open world, edit and create a world also, we can build apartments, etc...

In The Sims 4 every freaking aspect of the game is restricted as hell! Only the cas is good... For me, having a good cas doesn't make The Sims 4 good. The game has no soul! Feels empty! Theres no depth! Examples:

The worlds are just not good to me! Its cool traveling between them but they are small, and some parts of it are really ugly if you zoom it! It looks like a mount of paper, origami worlds! We can't edit them in the way we can in TS2 and TS3 like adding more lots or trees or another public objects. We can't create worlds too. Its similar to The Sims 1 so the comparison is right! The worlds have almost nothing to explore. the collections are just pointless and repetitive. secret lots are stupid too because is just for more items from the collections and doesn't have any real value on the gameplay aspect!

But even the first game have more passion envolved! In The Sims 4 sims just teleport for everything... as a result theres no cars (not even the ones that take our sims or school buses form The Sims 1), no bikes, no nothing... just decor! Elevators are not animated because again the sim teleport. The boat in Brindleton Bay for example... you click in it and theres a loading screen without even a simple animation of the boat leaving the coast!

The content of past packs are being cut in pieces!!! Pets or shoul I say Cats and Dogs are the worst pet game pack in history! My first pet stuff is just the cume of ridiculousness! Seasons came and we still can't sweem in oceans, no sun burning, no deep snow,... Get Famous is only actor carreer! Yes we can gain fame for every carreer but where are the actual singers?performers? models? The Sims Superstar came with an open career too and its awsome!

How many npcs are missing??? Where are other type of stairs, diveboards, etc...

Its being 4 years! 4 YEARS! In 4 years The Sims 2 was complete and The Sims 3 was even bigger! What is happening??? Why did they do this? WHY??

I tried really hard to get into this game and first I tought that would be something really similar to The Sims 2 but at this point I give up! I don't care anymore! Im ready to move on! The Sims 4 failed to deliever what I wanted in the sequel of the three previous games! Even The Sims 2 stories spin off seems better than The Sims 4 to me! I fee tired, bored after an hour of playing the sims 4 even with dlcs!

I feel really sad but I can't say anything great really... I feel that The Sims 4 is worst than The Sims 1! I can't say other thing rather than I hate The Sims 4, because its what I feel abou the game.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Whatever "personality" we imagine that our sims have is all in our heads. For me, the sims in the 4th game, express their feelings a TON, you can see it in their animations and expressions. They show their emotions in a way that it is very easy to imagine their personality. So I strongly disagree that they dont have personality. I did however, feel like that with the previous game. Lol.Goes to show how subjective that is. Because where some saw "personality" in the previous game , I saw robotic/stiff/unlife-like :)

The sims in this game are definitely my favorite personality wise. The sims is a sandbox game. It's not like other games where the main purpose is to be challenged and have a specific mission. This game can be as challenging as YOU make it. Depending on your goals. Its a life simulation/family play style game. Try and be more specific, what challenging activity was left out of sims 4???

I disagree. Maybe in the Sims 4 their personalities have to be all in our heads because without our imaginations they're all basically the same sims, but not in the previous games. Personality traits and points actually had more of an affect than just a couple of special actions or interactions. I didn't have to imagine a personality for them because they already had it and when I took a hands off approach they acted in accordance to their points or traits. In the Sims 4, I had to force them to act like they even had their traits because everyone acted almost exactly the same.

It kind of sounds to me like you're basing personality more so off appearances where others of us are talking traits or points (depending on which previous game we reference) not looks. Like your opinion seems to be that in The Sims 3 sims lacked personality because they looked unlife-like and robotic in your eyes. Whereas for me Sims 3 sims didn't lack personality because they actually acted in accordance to their personality traits.

Going by looks I would only agree that the Sims 4 sims have personality in that they appear overemotional or overdramatic or more often than not goofy. Because half the time them being overemotional or overdramatic looking makes them look goofy or silly. Even my more serious sims I could not take seriously because they had those ridiculous smiles on their faces. And when they're supposedly sad or angry it sometimes came across to me a phony sadness or phony anger because their expressions always seemed extreme.

I guess it also depends on the type of sims we make. Sims 4 is likely more suitable to the type of sims you make whereas Sims 4 isn't suitable for the type of sims I make. They'd be more suitable in literally any of the previous games but not this one. You see lifelike sim with personality and I see overdramatic looking sims who all have the same personality. Just because they're expressive doesn't mean they have actual, individual personalities. A sim can be expressive all day but is an evil sim really evil if all she does is go around hugging and being friendly with everyone? Is a slob really a slob if he actively gets up and goes around the house cleaning things himself?

There were threads like this one, this one, and this one a while back that went over the issues that those of us who have problems with emotions and traits are talking about, even including comparisons to The Sims 2 and 3 (possibly even a few references to The Sims 1 as well, if I'm not mistaken). This has been one of the failures of The Sims 4 for some of us from the start. Emotions overruling traits to the point that there is practically no use for traits and even emotions being so off at times that our sims seem unstable or numb.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited February 2019
    Whether it is a failure or not (I see many more Simmers playing online now), Sims 4 has kept the Forums up and running, maybe until those that want it get Sims 5. Otherwise EA/Maxis might have given up on website forums entirely, leaving Sims 3 and legacy players only with the popular websites like Carl's, TSR, MTS etc.

They might have concentrated on Facebook, Twitter and others for the mobile games instead, wanting to concentrate on the younger simmers.
    I see it as a failure only in that I haven't got all I want from it yet. I'm leaving discussing the quality of it to others.

• candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Sims 4 is a total disaster maybe not for new people who have never played the Sims before but for people who have it does not compare with the Sims 3, at all. Sims 3 had so much game play and sims 4 is the worst and the reason is because they have had 3 Sims games before to improve on it but it is the worst. How can you create 3 previous games and then have a complete disaster it should have gotten better not worse, I believe it is the people who are working on it not that they can't perform but that they are not allowed to.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    No. I thought it was when the base game came out but it wasn't even a failure then, just bad decisions and a too-early release.
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I love TS4!
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Well... I was kinda mad and negative in the comment I did before. The Sims 4 is a really disappinting to me but I dont hate it. Hate is a very strong word ahahahah
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2019
    The sims 4 a failure, yes. What can be fixed? Personalities, NPC's memory, romance, babies, children and teens and then TS4 is still a failure? Nope.
    Post edited by Jordan061102 on
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    The sims 4 a failure, yes. What can be fix? Personalities, NPC's memory, romance, babies, children and teens and then TS4 is still a failure? Nope.

IF and only if they implement and organize the above features correctly, then no it won't be.
  • Hthr0120Hthr0120 Posts: 292 Member
    I feel the same about the Sims 4 as I do about the last SimCity. I bought it, played it, and never touched it again. To me, the games are designed for a younger generation with a different play style. I was very disappointed in the direction EA chose to go. There may be a few neat new things added to the Sims 4, but it's not enough considering all the things that got left out and all the bugs.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Well... I was kinda mad and negative in the comment I did before. The Sims 4 is a really disappinting to me but I dont hate it. Hate is a very strong word ahahahah

Oh... I don't know. For me it's not strong enough. Ts4 has really fallen short of the arcing path of its exemplary predecessors... in my humble opinion. And perhaps worst of all, the course will not be corrected in the future.

I used to be an eager purchaser, but EA's performance with this iteration continues to slump, drop, and (as you've pointed out) disappoint for me as a future, potential consumer. But I am enjoying watching the current state of the company and seeing how future offerings might fair.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    With 4.8 million NEW players added to Sims 4 alone this year - far from it. Definitely not a failure. The earnings call was very interesting reading for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    With 4.8 million NEW players added to Sims 4 alone this year - far from it. Definitely not a failure. The earnings call was very interesting reading for sure.

I wonder how many of those included The Sims Mobile? or Access, and or console? If it was the pc game by itself, I wonder if they gained a few million by offering the base at $5 per person for about three months there. Just thinking out loud.

Or if they opened up an Asian market where they could get more people. You know first time buyers ever in a country where they've never sold before. If that was all about that, or if it was the US and Europe pumping in all that money with new users or a market they had never been able to sell to before. Just questions floating in my head. It wouldn't mean it was a raging success but just a new market came open to where they could dazzle unsuspecting buyers.

As far as I am concerned I think I have out grown this series. I didn't think I would ever say that. But they seem to be struggling (in my view) to dazzle me anymore. And nothing they have released in the last year or so has been anything I would want, seems not as well done or as amazing as EPs or GPs of the past, and it seems to me they can't out do themselves anymore. Though they think they have some super ideas (and they certainly did in the past) nothing they release seems to be as amazing or as spectacular as when we were young and naive. It's harder to make me happy now, with meh packs and gameplay, so yeah, I have out grown them.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top