Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"It's Done!" - Charliimai's The Lost Dancer

Comments

• Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    edited February 2016
    Sure! It's gonna take me a while to do them though. Is that ok? I'm gonna do several small videos instead of making you guys sit through four hours of QA lol.

If everyone could submit their questions to my email (because I don't want to read them beforehand) that would be awesome :D jes2gstories@gmail.com (or send through my site www.jes2gstories.com/contact)

We can still have a discussion here in the meantime if you'd like!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    edited February 2016
    My story Skill U (which is a university challenge) is almost done! I think I posted the next-to-last chapter tonight. If you read it now, you'll be caught up when I post the last chapter in a few days! :)

Skill U

(Edit: It's short--only 24 short chapters.)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Yay Skill U! I’m so behind. I won’t be catching up in a few days :/
    forum_final.png

Sooooo…the last official chapter published this morning! :D An epilogue comes out tomorrow.
    forum_final.png

Congratulations, Jes! What a huge accomplishment! You've really given readers something special.

I'll be back tomorrow with Questions for the Writer--and please, @SummerFalls and @aroseinbloom and @ra3rei and all other @PruettFans join us in the author's Q & A session and share your questions for Jes!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Thank you! It feels amazing…finally.
    forum_final.png

• aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Yay!!!!! I'm really excited about this :)
    I hope to have some good good questions leftover for my video! :p
    forum_final.png

• Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    @Jes2G Just so you know, I am currently binge reading your legacy and have almost finished generation 6 (I have a couple of chapters left) but generations 7,8 and 9 are much longer than the others so I probably won't finish your legacy today, as I hoped I would so I could ask you questions. Soo... Can I ask you some questions along with everyone else anyway? =) Thank you!

Oh and also, I'm really enjoying reading it; it's an awesome read! (I can't find an appropriate place to say this in the paragraph above, so, oops. :D )
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    @Jes2G Just so you know, I am currently binge reading your legacy and have almost finished generation 6 (I have a couple of chapters left) but generations 7,8 and 9 are much longer than the others so I probably won't finish your legacy today, as I hoped I would so I could ask you questions. Soo... Can I ask you some questions along with everyone else anyway? =) Thank you!

Oh and also, I'm really enjoying reading it; it's an awesome read! (I can't find an appropriate place to say this in the paragraph above, so, oops. :D )

Of course you can! 7, 8, 9 are epic :D I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it thus far!
    forum_final.png

Oh, it's PRUETT DAY! Yay! This day, February 21, will forever be known as Pruett Day.

Awesome accomplishment, Jes!

And... let the fan questions begin!

1) So, what's the total word count?

2) What was your favorite generation?

3) Top-five memorable moments?

4) Did you ever feel like quitting?

5) And... what everyone's been asking forever but what we still all want to know, How do you feel? And how did you feel five minutes ago? And how do you feel now?

(Please dive in with questions you have for Jes, everybody!)

• SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    edited February 2016
    My Pruett Alarm even went off today :joy:

EDIT: Wait... that was for the last time! :cry:
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »

Of course you can! 7, 8, 9 are epic :D I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it thus far!

Thank you! I've actually finished generation 7 now, and it was epic =)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    My Pruett Alarm even went off today :joy:

EDIT: Wait... that was for the last time! :cry:

Awww, don’t cry!
    forum_final.png

I can always count on Cathy to make me stretch my brain lol.

1. Ok, word count! No idea. My plugin gives me word count by month and not category, so unless I go through and add up the word count for every chapter, there’s no way to know exactly. So, between all my stories (and blog posts and other things I’ve written), I’ve written almost 400,000 words in 17 months! So, assuming Pruett Family Legacy accounts for 75% of it, then we’ll say 300,000 words!

2. My favorite generation? Sheesh…I don’t like choosing! I guess I’ll say 8. There was just SO much going on and so many wonderful characters and things going on. If I wasn’t so anxious to finish quickly, I could have stayed in generation 8 forever.

3. Top 5 moments…oh boy. Ok…I have to think (not gonna tell ya how long it too me to answer LOL)
    Gen 4 - Aiden sees Jasmine and asks if she’s pregnant. Jasmine says, “Yeah, a little bit!” LOL
    Gen 5 - Jayden reconciled with Maliyah and then died almost immediately.
    Gen 1 - Sandra turned Xavier down twice!!!
    Gen 8 - Little Devan and Alayna’s conversation about “playing games.”
    Melody and River…all of it!

4. I never felt like quitting! I felt like slowing down at times, but I never once considered quitting.

5. Saturday, when the last chapter was posted I felt amazing. I felt very happy, proud, and accomplished. The story felt completely finished and closed. I suppose because of that, as of right now, I’m not feeling much. It’s done! :D
    forum_final.png

Can I ask YOU guys a question? Who was your favorite heir and why?
    forum_final.png

Brady. Because of Viv! LOL!

And I've got another question for you (actually a double question):

What did you learn about writing in writing this, and what did you learn about yourself?

• aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Favorite heir....I think Lance was my favorite. I loved Myra and the triplets and that whole vibe--I feel like your writing and storytelling really developed with that whole generation and the story took on a new life!

Questions?!?! Hmmm...

What would you do differently (if anything) if you could do it over again?

What was the most rewarding part of this experience for you?
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    I'm with CT, Brady all the way...followed by Jonathan because of the awesome twins end.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    CathyTea wrote: »

Brady. Because of Viv! LOL!

And I've got another question for you (actually a double question):

What did you learn about writing in writing this, and what did you learn about yourself?

I learned soooo much about writing while writing this! I can’t even tell it all. I’m a geek, so I enjoyed expanding my knowledge about the mechanics, you know? These 17 months was like an epic experiment in writing because I constantly tried new things and everything kept evolving. As far as what I learned about myself was that when I am truly passionate about something, I will do whatever it takes. I usually quit things when I get overwhelmed or uninterested.
    forum_final.png

Favorite heir....I think Lance was my favorite. I loved Myra and the triplets and that whole vibe--I feel like your writing and storytelling really developed with that whole generation and the story took on a new life!

Questions?!?! Hmmm...

What would you do differently (if anything) if you could do it over again?

What was the most rewarding part of this experience for you?

I think a better question would be what would I do differently if/when I do another legacy because I don’t think I would change anything I did. Mistakes, “ah ha” moments, etc. that happened all created this finished product, so I wouldn’t change what I did. However, in the future, here is what I will do in light of what I learned from this. I’ve mentioned some of this already. Now that I’ve already completed a legacy, I don’t think I will feel the need to finish the next one quickly. I also don’t think I’ll ever do another one for the actual challenge but for the story, you know? So, for time management purposes, and to make sure I don’t burn myself out, I’m going to do them in seasons so I give myself a chance to breathe. Another thing I would do is consider the entire work ahead of time and settle on a voice ahead of time. Like I said, my future legacies will be done for the story and not because I need the challenge, so I want to make sure it stays consistent throughout. You remember how it pained me to switch POV in the middle of everything lol.

The most rewarding? Oy lol. No idea. I’ve mentioned several times that I write for myself and you guys reap the benefits of my own enjoyment. I don’t write anything I don’t enjoy, so I know you all will enjoy what you read—no secret there. However, what’s rewarding about it is to find out how much you all enjoyed it! That part never gets old—especially when you enjoy it a lot more than me. I love watching how involved and invested you all get into the characters and how you defend them and feel about what they do. It’s amazing and I love it. I could watch it all day. :)
    forum_final.png

ra3rei wrote: »
    I'm with CT, Brady all the way...followed by Jonathan because of the awesome twins end.

I think my favorite was Aiden! I loved how frustrated he was with his kids and not being able to connect with his wife initially. It was so true to life to me because oftentimes people get married and have this fanciful idea of what things will be like. And then they have kids, and they have fanciful idea about how wonderful they’re going to be, but more often than not, nothing goes the way they plan, and that’s exactly what happened with Aiden. He had a fun voice too and was great to write for. He made me laugh the most.
    forum_final.png

• Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member

This one is really hard. I can't pick only one. I loved last three generations the most. Okay, I narrow it down to Brady and Jonathan.
    Brady's difficult path to love and happiness due to his insanity was very touching.
    And Jonathan - because his fateful friendship with Meatball and blind trust made me laugh so much! Anything and anyone who makes me laugh is a winner in my books. :smile:

heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Maladi777 wrote: »

This one is really hard. I can't pick only one. I loved last three generations the most. Okay, I narrow it down to Brady and Jonathan.
    Brady's difficult path to love and happiness due to his insanity was very touching.
    And Jonathan - because his fateful friendship with Meatball and blind trust made me laugh so much! Anything and anyone who makes me laugh is a winner in my books. :smile:

My top 3 are Aiden, Brady, and Jonathan. Top 5 Aiden, Brady, Jonathan, Lance, and Julian.
    forum_final.png

• ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    And your Top ten? Lol!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.