Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"It's Done!" - Charliimai's The Lost Dancer

CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
@JulyVee94 , @CitizenErased14 , @Meggles , others @TheWriters'Lounge , and I were talking about completed stories, and we decided that, as readers and writers, we wanted a thread were we could celebrate the completion of works of SimLit.

For readers, finding a completed work of SimLit is discovering a treasure, for every completed story offers the readers a chance to read at their own pace a work from beginning to end. Plus, with completed stories, readers know the story won't be abandoned midway through. Readers will get the reward of completion for their investment reading the work.

For writers, a completed work is worth celebrating! Some of these works too over a year to finish, and each one represents dedication, perseverance, and love!

In this thread, we will celebrate the completion of SimLit Works.

Readers are invited to peruse the index, and writers are encouraged to list their completed works here. We'll also throw big celebration parties when your work is finished, so be sure to let us know of your impending completions!

Index of Completed Works, alphabetical by author
(To have your completed story listed here, please let us know in the comments that you've completed your work, or PM CathyTea.)

@anaitapeva (Sigourney)
The Cookes Legacy - a Random Legacy challenge in Sims 3
Living in the streets (and parks)[/url[ - a Teenager Runaway challenge
The Cookes Legacy in Willow Creek - Random Challenge in Sims 4
Princess Challenge for Sims 4

@aroseinbloom
The Skinner Saga

@CandyCadet
Immerse Your Soul in Love

@Carewren123
Ana Pringle

@CathyTea
The Blogaversary (A Celebration of One Year of TS4 Blogging)
Coming Home (A Holiday Novella)
Goofy Love (A Pinstar Legacy Challenge)
Harrington's Wonder Child (A Wonder Child Challenge)
Shift (A Youth on Their Own Challenge)
Skill-U (An Ultimate University Challenge)
Summer Camp (A collaboration with @SummerFalls and other Simmers)
Walden Once More (A Room Challenge)

@Charliimai
The Case
Letters from my simself (A Rosebud Challenge)
Have It Your Way (A Choose Your Own Ending story)
"I am Forever Challenged: A Highlander Crest Challenge."
The SIMple Life of Una Reign
Vogel Legacy
From Dusk to Dawn.

@CitizenErased15
Dust to Dust

@cshaner
Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family

@cully_c
First Asylum Challenge
The WonderChild Project - The Dark Truth

@DavidMCSessy
The Willow's Way - Season 1
The Willow's Way - Season 2

@eXokamikaze
Ninjapig in Taiwan
8 Toddlers

@Hemera123
Forgotten Swan's Tribe

@Jes2G
Pruett Family Legacy
Crazy Brady's Boot Camp

@JulyVee94
Discovery (A Mystery Story)
Until it Breaks

@lisabee2
Lisa's Insane Asylum Challenge

@Meggles
The Ikeda Legacy (A Legacy Challenge - That's right! A completed 10-gen legacy challenge!)
NinjaPig in Europe
Wonder Child Wood
8 Toddler Challenge

@NewToTheSims
The Compound

@OJenn
SimTropolis

@PeachyKeen88
The Bachelor Experiment by @PeachyKeen88

@PenguinWa101
Sul Sul

@ra3rei
Derelict (A Room Challenge)
Pigglewiggle Legacy (A Pinstar Legacy! Woot!)
The Wonder Childe (A Wonder Child Challenge)
7 Toddler Challenge

@rednenemon
The Racket-Rotter Chronicles (Contains chapters that are NSFW. For an 18+ audience. The writer thoughtfully includes trigger warnings on applicable chapters.)

@Spottydog714
Looking for Mum's Muderer

@SummerFalls
Part of Me
The Wonder Child

@Sunnyshay
Love Shot, Season 1
Love Shot, Season 1

supernatural103
Isaacs Sisters: A Big Sister Challenge

@swcheppes
The Bachelor: Disney Princess Edition
The Bachelorette: Disney Sidekick Edition

@ThePlumbob
The Bloomer Legacy

@VanityHigh
After Ever After
A Murder Most Plum

@VIRTUALEE
Cursed Beauty

@xMike_Bx
Murder Valley Sims - Season One

Collaborative Stories
(These collaborative stories take place on multiple hard-drives)

Chain Letter Project
Table of Contents - Participants: @Carewren123 , @enkeli64 , @MsPhy , @aroseinbloom , @SummerFalls , @Jes2G , @CathyTea

SIMposium for Game-Aware Sims
S-GAS - Science and Nature - @Carewren123
S-GAS Transformation - @CathyTea
S-GAS - Coping - @JordanNicoleJJ
S-GAS - SimSelves - @SummerFalls
S-GAS - Life is Good - @SunnyShay
S-GAS Keynote Speech and Events

#wheresfree
Project Home Page
Participants - Free/Em/Am: @JordanNicoleJJ , @FloorRaisin , @ra3rei , @CathyTea
Elder sightings - @plastiekzakske , @Rorygilmore34 , @SummerFalls , @ShannonSimsFan , @Anemone7 , @VanityHigh , @AkramA , @Meggles , @ThePlumbob , @Pegasus143 , @Munterbacon , @chealsycat
Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
Post edited by CathyTea on

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    **Reserved for Celebrations**

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    **Reserved Just In Case**

• Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited October 2015
    Aaaaah that is awesome! I have to go read lots of these :) and thanks for adding discovery to the Index :)

PS: could you Put "a mystery story" in the brackets instead of the room challenge? That would be awesome :)@CathyTea
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Yay! I'm so excited to read some of these! I love reading stories and knowing there's no risk of getting invested only to have it abandoned :lol:

Also so excited to get added to the list fairly soon :open_mouth:
    snvAF3B.png
    Yay! I'm so excited to read some of these! I love reading stories and knowing there's no risk of getting invested only to have it abandoned :lol:

Also so excited to get added to the list fairly soon :open_mouth:

I know! And you were the inspiration! :)

Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Aaaaah that is awesome! I have to go read lots of these :) and thanks for adding discovery to the Index :)

PS: could you Put "a mystery story" in the brackets instead of the room challenge? That would be awesome :)@CathyTea

Done! :)

edited October 2015
    CathyTea wrote: »

Done! :)

Thanks a bunch! I just figured it makes more sense since I didn't count any points and technically failed the room challenge anyway but psssst spoilers. It's more about the story anyway
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Thanks for putting me on the list!! :) Should we have a section for completed collaborative projects, perhaps? And The Chain Letter Project could go there. I feel kind like I'm stealing credit having that under my name, since it was enkeli/starwing who started the whole thing.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    edited October 2015
    Thanks for putting me on the list!! :) Should we have a section for completed collaborative projects, perhaps? And The Chain Letter Project could go there. I feel kind like I'm stealing credit having that under my name, since it was enkeli/starwing who started the whole thing.

Oh, we could! Good idea! Then all the S-GAS stuff could go there!

(But I'll have to do it tomorrow! I've already spent WAY too long on this project today! LOL!)

• Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member

Oh, we could! Good idea! Then all the S-GAS stuff could go there!

(But I'll have to do it tomorrow! I've already spent WAY too long on this project today! LOL!)

Yeah that'd be great! Thank you for organizing this thread, it is a wonderful idea.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Awesome! Yay @CathyTea !!!!

I laughed when I saw NinjaPig's adventure up there BUT it's true that I was so happy to have completed something, haha!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    YAY!!! Love this @CathyTea AND thank you for putting me on the list I feel so honored! <3<3<3<3 *hugs*
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    This is a fabulous idea! I'll definitely use the above list for finding more things for my reading list!

I was actually thinking it would be fun to host Wrap Up discussions with authors when their stories finish, to sort of get more of a behind the scenes scoop and see what their thinking was behind certain parts of the story. Sort of like book club in reverse, where the readers of the story ask the author questions rather than answer them, but still with a host to help the discussion flow.
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    This is a fabulous idea! I'll definitely use the above list for finding more things for my reading list!

I was actually thinking it would be fun to host Wrap Up discussions with authors when their stories finish, to sort of get more of a behind the scenes scoop and see what their thinking was behind certain parts of the story. Sort of like book club in reverse, where the readers of the story ask the author questions rather than answer them, but still with a host to help the discussion flow.

Omg that would be so fun ^^ can we do that for already completed stories too? :D I would Really like to discuss behind the scenes of discovery xD

Oh, that would be so awesome! If you would want to do that here, I'd be thrilled! :)

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member

Omg that would be so fun ^^ can we do that for already completed stories too? :D I would Really like to discuss behind the scenes of discovery xD

@Julyvee94 Yeah - the intention would be to do it specifically for completed stories, because you can't really fully discuss behind the scenes until a story is over :) And Discovery was definitely a story I had in mind for this, I would love to pick your brains about it, as I'm sure would many people!

Oh, that would be so awesome! If you would want to do that here, I'd be thrilled! :)

@CathyTea I'd love to do that here! Obviously it would be an irregular type of discussion happening as and when stories finish, but I think it would be fun. And the hosts could obviously vary, it wouldn't necessarily always be myself Since I don't think it's feasible for one person to read everything :)

I'd love to do that here! Obviously it would be an irregular type of discussion happening as and when stories finish, but I think it would be fun. And the hosts could obviously vary, it wouldn't necessarily always be myself Since I don't think it's feasible for one person to read everything :)

Go for it! If you want to start with Discovery, that would be so cool! Anytime you and @Julyvee94 want would be great!

(and you know what? I think I've read all of these except for Murder Most Plum! LOL! And that's on my reading list.)

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited October 2015
    I LOVE your idea, @ThePlumbob ! I love talking about behind the scenes stuff, so I'd be all over this when D2D is over!

I'd also be all over discussing from the other side of things too, of course! I love LEARNING about behind the scenes stuff as well as sharing! :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
    @ThePlumbob oh I misunderstood XD I thought you wanted to this for stories the day they were completed ^^
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    Wow, guys, this is so awesome!
    (I've completed nothing, so I'm here to fangirl about others' works! Finally a reasonable way to add to my reading list! :) )
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    This thread is an awesome idea! I'll second the talk about finished works! I'd love to hear the process of what happened during the story.
  • RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    This is so cool! :)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Great idea! :sunglasses:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Thank you for curating all these wonderful completed works, @CathyTea! So glad that we have this place to celebrate them.

I could also add Ninjapig in Taiwan if you'd like! ( . . )
    Thank you for curating all these wonderful completed works, @CathyTea! So glad that we have this place to celebrate them.

I could also add Ninjapig in Taiwan if you'd like! ( . . )

Got it added! :smiley: