Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does University help with Sims' careers?

may151997may151997 Posts: 209 Member
Does it put them a head in their career, or will they still be at the first level of the career to begin with?

Comments

• Options
    NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    From what I remember? No (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but having your sims(s) go to college and graduate will unlock a new career based on what your sim majored in. The four University specific careers (meaning you HAVE to have a degree to get that job) are Paranormal, Show Business, Artist, and Nature Scientist. Hope that helped.
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    It will unlock a couple of new careers yes, and if I remember correctly (haven't had graduates in a while) they start on the 3rd level of their career but not sure if it's still valid for if they switch halfway through or sooner...
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    That was my favorite expansion. I do seem to remember them starting a little higher on the job ladder than entry level. :smile:
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    They unlock careers, and you can start VERY ahead of the track (My sim got hired at lvl 6!) its really worth it
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2015
    Yes, it does. It gives then time to make friends and earn skills. Plus they can start out at level 9 from the computer if the have all the skills.
    Level 6 from the paper if they have good grades and the skills. *If the job is in their Major; that's part of it, too*

It's fabulous and a fun way to start- imo.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Yes. In addition to having a little more than the number of skills and friends required (if I remember, I think it's two skill levels above the requirement for that level and one or two friends more), they will start at a higher level if they do the following:

1) They choose a major that corresponds with the career they choose.
    2) The grade they graduate with.
    Being in the associated major and having a 4.0 upon graduation can result in beginning as high as the 9th level (if you find the job on the computer).
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Depends on how well they do and a bunch of other things I think? I've had some start at career 3, but yesterday I had a sim graduate from Uni and start at career level 8! maybe it was a glitch but I don't think so.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It depends on your sim's GPA and skills (and major when it comes to choosing a specific career). I always get mine to graduate with a 4.0 and max or near-max skills. They can go as high as level 9 out of the bat.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?