Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

longer hours at work?

Is there a mod for this possibly? I feel like my sim needs longer hours at work than being home :D

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Run a retail store. My Sim can be there for hours on end, sometimes. It's cutting into his family life :open_mouth: So, I had him bring them all with him. His wife was in her third trimester, and once the two boys got home from school, I brought them to the store. That way I could more readily see to their needs and make sure homework got done.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    That's a good idea, I just have a story line in my head. I had this blonde sim marry this geeky sim for his money. So in my head, if he worked long enough hours she would have time to have side sims B)
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I know there's a mod for active careers to have longer hours but inactive careers I have no clue.
    1FKDfKj.png
    Active careers as in business, spy, athletic etc.?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Brieanna19 wrote: »
    Active careers as in business, spy, athletic etc.?

No the active careers is when you have to FOLLOW the working sim to work in Get to work.
    6adMCGP.gif
    Oh, boo! Haha, I honestly dislike the get to work, time runs out way too fast and it feels like they always get stuck or take too long doing something so I've pretty much just ignored those careers.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Oh, boo! Haha, I honestly dislike the get to work, time runs out way too fast and it feels like they always get stuck or take too long doing something so I've pretty much just ignored those careers.

But you can stay over. My Sims go to work about eight in the morning and it's about seven or later when they get home. They don't have time to do anything else that evening. And why it is such a hassle.

I would prefer we go back to when work was only six hours for some careers and four for others. That way Sims didn't drag home at 6:00 P.M. worn out, hungry, sleepy and stinky. They had the whole rest of the evening to have a life.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Is there a mod for this possibly? I feel like my sim needs longer hours at work than being home :D

Yep, there is a 12 hour mod and a 20 hour mod :smiley: .
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I have a mod that expands the work day to twelve hours for the Scientist, Detective, and Doctor careers. They have an option to work an extra two hours of overtime. I think it was from MTS.
    Origin ID: nik24x7