Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I.... What

So. I aged up my Sim, Angel, up and her face changed shape. Like. Not just the mouth crease thing but her eyes got bigger, her nose smaller, her cheeks thinner, and her chin longer. And it was enough that I noticed something wrong when I tried to take a picture of her.

Anybody have this happen orrrrrr?

Comments

• ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    This issue has happened before but it was with men the last time. Not exactly comforting to see this happening with the opposite gender now. Sorry that I don't have an answer for you.
  • SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    So. I aged up my Sim, Angel, up and her face changed shape. Like. Not just the mouth crease thing but her eyes got bigger, her nose smaller, her cheeks thinner, and her chin longer. And it was enough that I noticed something wrong when I tried to take a picture of her.

Is she an Alien? This is happening to Aliens and there are several threads in the Bugs forum. If not an Alien, then the dreaded issue ENolan mentioned has returned. Last time it was affecting males transitioning from YA to Adult but was fixed. Would hate to find out it has reappeared.

Right now, my female Aliens have completely different facial structure when aging from Teen to YA and beyond. It has yet to be addressed.
    CxevBFV.gif
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    My genetics are totally borked. It keeps me from playing honestly. All my males end up looking weird. I hate the genetics in this version. They are soo awful. Sometimes its good (my females are great) and a lot of times theres are issues (all males in my game). Earlier on it was that males were all ending up with the same jaw and small eyes, then there was a patch... AND I downloaded a mod for this. Now this is what I get:

Make note of the first and third nose.
    genetics%20boys2_zpsg3xj9zlq.png

Completely different couple with more varied genetics. Take a look at the nose in the 1, 3,4.
    genetics%20boys_zpshlq9ufcf.png

This was still happening the last time I played. So I stopped playing. I stopped playing the first time because of the borked male genetics, and then I quit again because the same issue kept cropping up. That same freaking nose that NO ONE has keeps making an appearance. I haven't bothered to see if that also extends to other facial features. The nose is enough.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Just adding for @SimGuruDrake and @SimGuruJanitor that this is a bug that was happening last fall, most noticeably with YA males. There should be lots in this topic covering the bug-narrowing we did at the time: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793258/small-eyes-wide-jaw-glitch/p1 It was fixed in a patch.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Smooch wrote: »

Is she an Alien? This is happening to Aliens and there are several threads in the Bugs forum. If not an Alien, then the dreaded issue ENolan mentioned has returned. Last time it was affecting males transitioning from YA to Adult but was fixed. Would hate to find out it has reappeared.

Right now, my female Aliens have completely different facial structure when aging from Teen to YA and beyond. It has yet to be addressed.

Omg, your sig! I thought there was a bug on my screen. I actually reached up to wipe it off.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2015
    hey @TheBlaireWitch also can you confirm if you are using any CAS cc or not? if so have you tested the issue with your mods folder uninstalled
  • TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member

....... Great. Cause she's an alien. And my main Sim.
    rosemow wrote: »

Ughhhhhh.
    happygurl wrote: »

Omg, your sig! I thought there was a bug on my screen. I actually reached up to wipe it off.

LOL
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    hey @TheBlaireWitch also can you confirm if you are using any CAS cc or not? if so have you tested the issue with your mods folder uninstalled

I have cc but I am NOT taking the folder out.
  • ErieBabyRoxErieBabyRox Posts: 9 New Member
    I don't have cc however I have noticed this as well. I thought I needed to get my eyes checked lol. Guess I was wrong!
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Omg I just noticed this the last time I played. I tried to make a Japanese part of my town and my sim had typical Japanese features, however after playing for a few "sim days" I noticed she started looking like a total white girl. She had much wider eyes and a bigger nose and different eyebrows.. I was so disappointed. This bug tries to make all our sims look the same and I don't like it!!
    2ynjgg8.png
    Corenren wrote: »
    Omg I just noticed this the last time I played. I tried to make a Japanese part of my town and my sim had typical Japanese features, however after playing for a few "sim days" I noticed she started looking like a total white girl. She had much wider eyes and a bigger nose and different eyebrows.. I was so disappointed. This bug tries to make all our sims look the same and I don't like it!!

It's never happened to me before
    Well. Update from CAS. If I age her down, her face changes to the same thing if I age her up.