Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question regarding using CAS on new townies

So I have a lot of new townies that come into my game, mainly homeless ones, as I am playing with the day care career and it spawns new sims with toddlers when needed. But they are all the same colours regarding their skin (pale, light brown, dark brown) and hair (blonde, copper, brown, black). How can I get the game to chose the coloured hairs I have stored in CAS, not to mention different skin colours or life states? I love berry sims and don't want to have to recolour all the sims in town!!

Comments

• SimmerSparklezzSimmerSparklezz Posts: 51 New Member
    Your going to have to individually customise them
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There are ways with mods to coerce the spawning of new sims, both residents immigrating in and homeless NPCs, using the genetics of households you have saved in the household bin for that purpose. NRaas StoryProgression with its Extra and Population modules allows for this and has very detailed customization controls, though even with all of that some sims will always be created who do not meet your expectations right away. :)

Without mods, there isn't much you can do except customize them yourself one at a time after they show up as said.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    I have SP Population but I can't work out how to set the controls. I'm currently reading through the Interactions list on the site but haven't come across anything yet. I don't suppose you know specifically??
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2015
    The Interactions page for SP is essentially unreadable because it's so long and complex. It's really more useful for reference, to look up a specific command you already know the location of, and to find (ctrl + F) a command that you know must be there someplace by using keywords.

I think you want the Immigration FAQ instead (or in addition).
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression+FAQ+Immigration

You must have SP's progression active and in control. Immigration must be activated to see many of the SP commands, which means that the gauge value must be something >0. If you don't really want resident immigration for the moment, you could set the gauge to something impossible to reach like 5,000.
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Immigration Gauge

You will want to put the sims whose genetics you want immigration to draw from in your household bin. You can deactivate the households you don't want SP using.
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Immigration Disallow Bin by House > (select the bin households you want ignored by name; SP won't use the pre-made ones that cannot be deleted so you shouldn't have to worry about those)

Choose a really high chance up to 100% that immigrating sims will pick up genetics from the bin.
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Bin Offspring > (try 90 or 100)

Disallow the option of an immigrant's genetics coming from randomly created EA sims.
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Random Offspring > (try 0 or 1)

If you want the same settings to apply to NPC Service Sims and Roommates, you must first enable the option to use immigrants for those slots. Note that we are switching over to the Options:Sims menu now, not Options:Lots.
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims> Options:Immigration/Emigration > Replace Service Sims with Immigrants > True
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims> Options:Immigration/Emigration > Replace Roommates with Immigrants > True

Then arrange the Disallow Bin by House, Chance of Bin Offspring, and Chance of Random Offspring the same way you did above on the Options:Lots menu on the freshly revealed options under Options:Sims.

I'm not 100% sure now that these settings will really apply to randomly spawned homeless sims that take up empty job slots and provide toddlers for your sim doing Day Care. But it should be lot of fun trying and you will almost certainly have more interesting immigrant residents and Service Sims if you allow new ones to be created using the above settings. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Well, I won't know whether it's all worked or not until I play through a couple more days but thank you very much for your help @igazor!!