Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Preggo Sims!

thegirlygamerxthegirlygamerx Posts: 87 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims FreePlay
I'm sure this has been complained by many people many times before, but I, too, really want our sims to actually get pregnant. Just think about it, this could be a really cool update! Here are a few things it could come with:
- A "take pregnancy test" interaction that our women sims can take after doing the new "try for baby" interaction
- A "wait it out" interaction that comes after trying for a baby, and if they are pregnant will will get a notification and then see the baby bump appear
- A new store that sells maternity clothes, baby clothes, and other things for babies like a diaper changing station and new toys
- Sims go through all 3 trimesters, first belly bump is small, then it gets bigger, and bigger, ect.
- Women sims will have to go to hospital to get ultrasounds, ect.
- Your sims can either have a home birth, or go to the hospital
- Able to have twins or triplets
- Strollers! We want to be able to take our babies places!

So those are my ideas, I hope you guys liked them. Fell free to comment your thoughts below. Thank you!
Post edited by thegirlygamerx on

Comments

• Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited October 2015
    I think you're getting The Sims FreePlay confused with PC versions of The Sims. You're asking for interactions that can easily be added to the Sims 4 (maybe), but not to the Sims FreePlay. Remember, the Sims FreePlay uses a whole new engine and it takes place in *real time*. So for your female Sims to get pregnant and go through all 3 trimesters, it would take an actual *nine months*, not 3 days like it takes in the PC version.

The Sims FreePlay is a quest-based game. That's why you won't see the type of interactions you want. It's an entirely new engine. And if this option has been asked for by many people many times before, then it must have been on the Sims FreePlay website. This particular FreePlay forum that is on the Sims 4 forums is new.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • thegirlygamerxthegirlygamerx Posts: 87 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I think you're getting The Sims FreePlay confused with PC versions of The Sims. You're asking for interactions that can easily be added to the Sims 4 (maybe), but not to the Sims FreePlay. Remember, the Sims FreePlay uses a whole new engine and it takes place in *real time*. So for your female Sims to get pregnant and go through all 3 trimesters, it would take an actual *nine months*, not 3 days like it takes in the PC version.

The Sims FreePlay is a quest-based game. That's why you won't see the type of interactions you want. It's an entirely new engine. And if this option has been asked for by many people many times before, then it must have been on the Sims FreePlay website. This particular FreePlay forum that is on the Sims 4 forums is new.

I meant it could still take 24 hours to get a baby while pregnant, but you could see your sim progressing through the 3 trimesters within the 24 hours. And yes, the sims freeplay is a quest-based game, but it doesn't mean they can't fit pregnancy in there. I could easily see a pregnancy quest being added.

I meant it could still take 24 hours to get a baby while pregnant, but you could see your sim progressing through the 3 trimesters within the 24 hours. And yes, the sims freeplay is a quest-based game, but it doesn't mean they can't fit pregnancy in there. I could easily see a pregnancy quest being added.

It's not going to take 24 hours. The Sims Free Play is based on real-life time. If you put your Sim to sleep for 8 hours, it literally does take 8 hours for your Sim to sleep. So, a pregnancy in The Sims FreePlay will last 9 months in real time. That's the way the engine is designed. If you want to speed up the game time, you have to spend real money on life points.

B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!

It's not going to take 24 hours. The Sims Free Play is based on real-life time. If you put your Sim to sleep for 8 hours, it literally does take 8 hours for your Sim to sleep. So, a pregnancy in The Sims FreePlay will last 9 months in real time. That's the way the engine is designed. If you want to speed up the game time, you have to spend real money on life points.

Yes, I know, but in the game it only takes 24 hours for a baby to arrive, so I don't see why they couldn't just cheat a little and keep the time the same.
    Yes, but you don't get to see the baby bump, do you? I think it just poofs out of nowhere. And if that's the case, it's probably because they found it easier to do than have a baby bump. Maybe they could do like a 3 day thing...like 72 RL hours that your Sim has the bump and then has the baby. Maybe.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    Yes, but you don't get to see the baby bump, do you? I think it just poofs out of nowhere. And if that's the case, it's probably because they found it easier to do than have a baby bump. Maybe they could do like a 3 day thing...like 72 RL hours that your Sim has the bump and then has the baby. Maybe.

That's a nice idea!
  • Birdmom3Birdmom3 Posts: 135 Member
    Having it last 9 months is something that the engine couldn't handle. It will be like vegetable growth, it won't be realistic. 3 days the engine could handle, 3 days in real time that is.
  • neggiemagsneggiemags Posts: 8 New Member
    I think at best sims freeplay will achieve the realism as far as childbearing goes, as they did in the original sims game. I am really surprised there is even the option to woohoo in freeplay to be honest...However, I am pleasantly surprised at all the updates that have came out since the game was first released in the google play store.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The 'parents' aren't even the actual parents in Freeplay.
    5JZ57S6.png