Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toy Dog Pen.

joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
One of my Sims wanted a toy dog pen, so I bought one. I have never had one of these in my game before.

I clicked on it to adopt a dog, I was only given a choice of 4, no idea if its a boy or girl. The dog has not been added to the family, so I cant see it's needs, etc. Is this the way this pen and toy dog works? Does the dog just stay in the pen all the time? I did see an option to carry the dog, but couldn't work out how to put it down outside of the pen.

Usually my Sims adopt pets via the phone or by visiting a pet store, and the pet has always been added to the family straight away.
YmWXbP5.jpg?1

Comments

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    I've never used that pen before (and thanks to what you are going through I know now not to use it ever) so sorry I am not much help. Did you try resetting the dog?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2015
    Hi :)

The dog pen came with apartments and doesn't work the same as the Pets EP. It's more for Apartments- it stays in the pen when not held, by the pen, and then put back. Just like babies in TS4 but the dogs don't cry. XD

They're cute and I've only used them twice. Once in Uni because I wanted to see if it worked there. =D
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Thanks @Rflong7, glad it's the pen and not my game! I can't believe I haven't seen the pen before, have been playing Sims 2 forever and it's the first time I noticed it, lol. (I don't play with pets much, obviously :D ).

@friendlyone20, yeah, I don't know how I feel about keeping this cute little thing in the pen all the time :frowning: . I may have to sell it.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    mmmcheezy225mmmcheezy225 Posts: 631 Member
    I remember seeing the dog pen for the first time after four years of not playing TS2, and I thought that it was CC. XD It sounds so strange!