Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What EP would it be?

With 210 days between the release of the base game and the release of the first EP, and no less than 244 days between the release of the first EP and when they could release the second EP, it seems there is a long stretch of time between the EP's.

With GT releasing in December, 210 days from that would put the third EP about the last week in June/first week in July and the fourth about February 2017. Of course this is just me using their past release times to guesstimate and they could very well crank out a second EP at the far end of 2016, but they'd have to really push.

So, if you could pick just one EP that you hope most to see in 2016, what would it be?

Comments

• asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2015
    I would say Generations or Pets, but I know that takes a lot more time, so I'm not holding my breath. So I'm going to say a real Late Night EP hopefully with apartments and restaurants.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I most hope for a Generations EP, with patched-in basic toddlers and preteens. That's not because I need those life stages - I can live without, though I'd be happy to have them - but so they can be built on in later content (for toddlers, with extended CAS and buy/build as themes come out; for preteens, in any active school EP that comes out).

If they do two in 2016 (and I see no reason why that wouldn't be possible: I don't have the impression that they're on a strict calendar cycle for releases), I'd awfully like seasons/weather.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I'm really hoping for generations EP in spring, with toddlers patched in before hand, and then a seasons or restaurant EP later the same year.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I don't even know what I would want to see if there was only one. I do hope there will be two, but I am curious that if there is one - just what others want to have the most.

As far as the environment of an EP, I think it is time for something decidedly urban. Full on city, no suburban utopia, there is already about enough of that. A city environment with apartment living, the ability to build at least one floor higher, a subway station - even if it is to poof your sim from A to B. Food carts like you see in the city would be nice. I don't see them adding in restaurants, but that would be nice. I know a lot of people really, really want them. It's been a long time since they were done right, I hope that they are at least possible in 4.

I would like the EP to have, I guess, more of an URBZ feel. City background ambiance with the sounds, horns, sirens, traffic..
    I would like to see distinct neighborhoods all keeping with the urban theme, including a run-down, sketchy looking area.

And yes, I think toddlers should be something patched in, not in an EP of any sort.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Seasons !
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Something that´s never been done before. Could be sports, could be living on Sixam, could be a historic period (other than medieval). My reasoning is that of there´d be only one EP, that would be too precious to waste on something I can have by simply loading one of my older sims games.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Generations with toddlers in the spring, and then restaurants and other venues like bowling,movies, arcades, just more things for sims to do when going out.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    We really really really need a Generations EP for our third, so I hope that's what comes next. For the fourth EP, I think it'll be too soon for seasons or pets. Those EPs never come out this early. So my guess is that we'll get something about city life with apartments and new things to do (like bowling alleys and restaurants). I also think we'll get supernaturals pretty soon, but maybe in a game pack rather than an EP.
  • HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    Seasons.
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Seasons or a generation theme.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    With 210 days between the release of the base game and the release of the first EP, and no less than 244 days between the release of the first EP and when they could release the second EP, it seems there is a long stretch of time between the EP's.

With GT releasing in December, 210 days from that would put the third EP about the last week in June/first week in July and the fourth about February 2017. Of course this is just me using their past release times to guesstimate and they could very well crank out a second EP at the far end of 2016, but they'd have to really push.

So, if you could pick just one EP that you hope most to see in 2016, what would it be?

Vacations.
  • teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    SEASONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would die from happiness;))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Seasons. I want rain in Windenburg.
    Seasons may be combined with Vacations if the survey is accurate.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I keep thinking that Spooky Stuff was a small tease of what seasons will feel like. I know EA likes to get to the bigger themes later but I would love for Seasons, Generations and then Pets.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Gotta go with a Generations EP first just so that I can finally make any family I want - even one with toddlers (and to a lesser degree pre-teens; never had them before, but it would be awesome to have them now). There are lots of other EPs I want so much -- Seasons, Pets, the Metropolis EP mentioned in that survey so that I can have apartments -- but the full range of life stages are such a basic (for me) necessity of the game, that I guess I would say, 'knock that one out first'.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
    I want to see Find Love as a Gamepack.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I would definitely want to see a Generations EP. Complete with toddlers and preteens, along with new family activities and furniture. Also, the babysitter NPC and education career path.
  • HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    Seasons may be combined with Vacations if the survey is accurate.

I sure hope that doesnt mean that we would only get certain locations with different seasons instead of having just seasons & weather in all of our neighborhoods.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I think we'll see the next EP a bit sooner -- I really think they want to get 2 EPs out a year, just like 2 GPs and numerous SPs. Maybe May for the next EP, then November/December for the other. Most of the work for GT has already been done; the last bit is adding a few more features, maybe new objects and they could borrow developers/designers from either the GP or SP teams to help with that, plus working on a culling fix (which I really hope is part of GT development because you wouldn't want half your group culled out of existence).

So I still hope we'll get two EPs in 2016, and my choices would be Generations (with toddlers in a free patch then adding pre-teens), then if you go with the surveyed packs Metropolis with apartments; we need more living options for our single Sims, and now that we've got locking doors apartments would definitely be feasible. (I've got a boarding house for single Sims in Newcrest -- if we got apartments I'd replace it with an apartment complex.)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AmericanSimStoryAmericanSimStory Posts: 60 Member
    If I could pick ANY EP to be released next, it would be Generations. And if that was the only EP released that year, I'd be more than happy. Although I feel like there will be the usual 2, one earlier in the year and one at the end. I think most of the work on Get Together is done and they're just polishing it, so the team could be working on EP3 for a spring/summer release.

I'd love for Generations to introduce more family play and things to do for all of the overlooked lifestages, as well as the introduction of toddlers (obviously). For the second EP I'd love a Night Life/Late Night EP with new venues to visit and a modern city.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Hopefully is anything but generations. I hope pets
    21mbz47.jpg
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

with this figuring sounds like we will only get one EP in 2016, I would hope that we get at least 2, not one a year.

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Not on topic but at this rate we are only gonna get like 8 EPs.

I guess GPs make up for ?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Hopefully is anything but generations. I hope pets

Pets would be awesome. I really want/need toddlers though, but I can't wait for Pets. Those EP's always bring so much gameplay to the table, and CATS!! I adore cats, they are the cutest.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1